The UFC must strip Max Holloway to fill UFC 228

I think it's more likely that UFC 228 gets cancelled if it continues as is. They can't justify that card right now. They need a higher profile main event to draw some interest. No one even knows who Nicco Montano is.

You'd rather see Max get to hold onto his title without defending for another 6-8 months than have the UFC save the 228 card?? That's a lot of fighters that won't get paid for their troubles if it gets cancelled.
They'd sooner turn it into a fight night card versus cancelling it.

well conor blind followers who blow up sherdog will always say no metter who champ there are paper champ since they never beat conor.
I think thats different, when a Champ is healthy and refusing to fight then he put himself out of the picture, i cant consider him the champ when he was unwilling to defend, but it wasnt ideal as people stil call Khabib paper champ, i dont agree with that but i guess thats their opinion.

They'd sooner turn it into a fight night card versus cancelling it.

I wondered about that actually, but they cancelled UFC 151 when Jon Jones refused to fight Sonnen on short notice. I'm assuming that's because it was cancelled less than 2 weeks before the event.

So what is the time limit for them to alter an event? Event scheduling a fight night requires some notice, to get the cable TV slot. Isn't it too late at this point?

Ortega has already stated he won't fight for an interim belt, and the interim belts are basically meaningless now. Whittaker was passed up for GSP vs Bisping, Tony Ferguson is in limbo, and the UFC is about to string Covington after just 1 month into his interim title.

Very few fighters are going to accept interim title fights anymore. The UFC is going to have to start stripping inactive champions more aggressively.

Robert was hurt still. the imterm belt for Colby wasn't needed to start with. it help if tony would give any kind of update at all on if he can fight in 2018 at all.

if ortrega will say he only gone fight max than he might be sitting at home a while than.

I think thats different, when a Champ is healthy and refusing to fight then he put himself out of the picture, i cant consider him the champ when he was unwilling to defend, but it wasnt ideal as people stil call Khabib paper champ, i dont agree with that but i guess thats their opinion.

conor and jon jones blind followers have no trouble calling max, khabib and dc as fake champs since they didn't beat the champ before getting the belt.

Robert was hurt still. the imterm belt for Colby wasn't needed to start with. it help if tony would give any kind of update at all on if he can fight in 2018 at all.

if ortrega will say he only gone fight max than he might be sitting at home a while than.

This is the thing though -- if you're making an interim championship, you need to respect it. That means 100% making the champion wait to fight the interim title holder. I can see an argument for demanding the interim title be defended within say 6-8 months.

However the UFC made GSP vs Bisping less than 6 months after Whittaker won the interim. This is totally unacceptable. Unless Whittaker literally couldn't fight until after February 2018, they should have forced Bisping to wait for Whittaker.

his rematch with Wonderboy he fucking stared at him for 24 and a half minutes, his fight with Maia was a smoke break. That has nothing to do with liking him or not, if he doesnt want to fight, then he should bounce. What fucking money fight do you think he would ever get? GSP wants nothing to do with him and thats not because he's ducking him, he is not in the same class of fighter. Woodley fans are the absolute worst and defend him even when his fights not only suck but when he avoids fighting to hold out on a bigger fight that wont happen.

He wanted Diaz too, and McGregor, they both have 0 interest. Theres no money fight for him. Retire? How fucking old is he?
Yes 50 minutes with the striker almost all on the feet but the wrestler with the overhand is at fault. Woodley has no obligation to entertain, of course it doesnt help his stock that he had lackluster fights, im not a blind fan of Woodley but he won the belt and defended it against top competition, if you werent entertained thats too bad but defending comes first. I think he was trying to avoid the operation thats what i heard but in the end he had to have the surgery. He wants to fight but he has to heal. Also for the longest time he pursued GSP but GSP didnt want to fight him, the fight made sense since GSP retired undefeated and therefore the fight makes a lot of sense, but GSP didnt want to, so the only thing left was a Diaz. I dont blame GSP though, the risk is too high and the reward would probably have been less. Woodley is 36. I feel like you just want him gone by any means.

This is the thing though -- if you're making an interim championship, you need to respect it. That means 100% making the champion wait to fight the interim title holder. I can see an argument for demanding the interim title be defended within say 6-8 months.

However the UFC made GSP vs Bisping less than 6 months after Whittaker won the interim. This is totally unacceptable. Unless Whittaker literally couldn't fight until after February 2018, they should have forced Bisping to wait for Whittaker.

after ufc 213 Robert hurt his knee and wasn't able to fight even if ufc wanted him to fight bisping at ufc 217.

conor and jon jones blind followers have no trouble calling max, khabib and dc as fake champs since they didn't beat the champ before getting the belt.
Which is my point, best scenario is always beating the Champ to become the Champ, but in those circumstances i dont see it that way as Jon was on Peds and Conor wouldnt defend, but yes i know there will always be people saying paper Champ if the title doesnt change naturally.

Which is my point, best scenario is always beating the Champ to become the Champ, but in those circumstances i dont see it that way as Jon was on Peds and Conor wouldnt defend, but yes i know there will always be people saying paper Champ if the title doesnt change naturally.

plus both jones and conor fans are complete idiots as well.

it amazing how many people will defend jon im a perfect person and a saint of a man jones at anything .

Fights can be moved around -- it happens all the time. The UFC would just pay Aldo to accept a new opponent or take a later fight (or Edgar would be pulled from the Nov card, and that bout would be replaced later).
If ur pulling Edgar I’d rather kz fight Ortega then, not deserved but would b fun

after ufc 213 Robert hurt his knee and wasn't able to fight even if ufc wanted him to fight bisping at ufc 217.

If the UFC make an interim championship, they need to give the interim at least 6 months to unify against the champion.

plus both jones and conor fans are complete idiots as well.

it amazing how many people will defend jon im a perfect person and a saint of a man jones at anything .
I think you have to take into account that a lot of users here will be underaged or still green behind the ears, they are fans of certain personas instead of MMA as a whole, i have my favorites but i will always be a bigger MMA fan than a fan of a fighter. I also dont think all are idiots, its just a loud minority that make a lot of noise. There is a lot to like about both, and i mean in the cage, fun and great fighters to watch, with Jon its just the peds that put a big asterix on his career, well also his greco roman eyepoke which he mastered.

If the UFC make an interim championship, they need to give the interim at least 6 months to unify against the champion.

I get beating bisping would of been easy money for Robert but it was even bigger money for gsp and gsp gave it up when he wanted to retire again. so Robert still the champ no harm done.

I think you have to take into account that a lot of users here will be underaged or still green behind the ears, they are fans of certain personas instead of MMA as a whole, i have my favorites but i will always be a bigger MMA fan than a fan of a fighter. I also dont think all are idiots, its just a loud minority that make a lot of noise. There is a lot to like about both, and i mean in the cage, fun and great fighters to watch, with Jon its just the peds that put a big asterix on his career, well also his greco roman eyepoke which he mastered.

with jones what I don't like is how he acts like he the perfect person and that healways the victim when he fucks up all the time.

it never jones fault when he takes peds it usada who framed him, it wasn't his fault he for the dui he blamed ufc for giving him the car he crash, it wasn't his fault he hit a woman it was her fault for getting in his way.

I think people would forgive jon a little more if he just admitted things.

with jones what I don't like is how he acts like he the perfect person and that healways the victim when he fucks up all the time.

it never jones fault when he takes peds it usada who framed him, it wasn't his fault he for the dui he blamed ufc for giving him the car he crash, it wasn't his fault he hit a woman it was her fault for getting in his way.

I think people would forgive jon a little more if he just admitted things.
I think your right, he doesnt seem to feel accountable ever, its like with Chael, once he popped he just admitted to it with the answer to the question, why did you do it. well i thought it would work. People forgave him and it was over, but of course 2 totally different legacys.

Would probably have to be Ortega vs Mendes. I hope they do because I just looked at some pics of Max on the scale for 145 & he looks like a jew in a nazi concentration camp.

STRIP EVERYONE!

Strip every champion.
32 Fighter Grand Prix tournament in every weight class to crown new champions
Re-legitimize all belts
Ultimate Naked Fighting Championship

Maybe then people will stop bitching about WMMA?

I think your right, he doesnt seem to feel accountable ever, its like with Chael, once he popped he just admitted to it with the answer to the question, why did you do it. well i thought it would work. People forgave him and it was over, but of course 2 totally different legacys.

plus jon acted like he was a person of god and acted like he was better than everyone else

You wont do anyone a favor if you strip Holloway, the winner will be called paper champion, Holloway vs Ortega has to happen, at the moment they are the 2 best Featherweights, until they fight we dont know who will win, show some patience, Holloway was willing to go and would have fought even in that state, you cant just take away a hard earned title because you cant wait.
When Holloway could not make 155, they should have stripped him. It is asking for a catastrophe by making him cut to 145.

Back