The UFC is screwed. Khabib holds ALL the cards.

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The UFC's red hot 200 million dollar PPV needs Khabib to participate. What threats do they have if he walks?

Strip his title? They've already destroyed the value of their own belts. Most people can't even name all their champions.

Attack his reputation? He destroyed Conor. Conor didn't even have a good moment in the fight that they can replay.

Sue him? You think a court in Dagestan is going to rule against Khabib? Or that Putin would extradite him to the USA? :)

Withhold his money? He never has to worry about his livelihood again in Russia. Hell, Putin can write him the same check if he wants.

Threaten that he won't make more? Remember that Russian mathematician who solved the Poincare Conjecture then turned down the million-dollar prize? He just shrugged and said he didn't like the mathematical community. Russians simply don't give a fuck.

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Last edited:
UFC would fuck Khabib over in two seconds...

Just to give that belt back to Conor and get more money...

Lol straight up. It’s not even a russian thing. It’s a Kavkaz thing (caucus people) they can give a fuck about anything the ufc has to offer. Things just have to be right by them. Don’t disrespect them or play tough because they will call u out and embarrass you. Khabib > UFC

Agreed with op.

This is like the Cuban missile crisis.

This is all BS. Smoke and mirrors.

The ball is in the UFC/NSAC's court and Khabib knows this.

Nothing he can do.

Khabib is not a big draw. They could send him to bellator or M1 and the world would forget about him.

Dana is FOOKED LMAO! All the tough talk post fight because his boy got smashed.

Withhold his money? He never has to worry about his livelihood again in Russia. Hell, Putin can write him the same check if he wants.
I love this point the most. He really fights for honor. He doesn't give a shit about a rematch money fight. I hope he sticks to his guns and fights Tony.

LMAO khabib holds jack shit in this situation

You’re delusional. He isn’t a draw, so the ufc can do whatever they want.

I really dont know how to feel about this lol. Can we get Paul Daley back too then please?

No, the UFC is in a strong position. Khabib could go and fight in some minor Russian promotions it’s true, but nobody other than we MMA nerds would know/care. He can’t go to a UFC competitor like Bellator because the UFC would kill them in court over the contract. Viacom would know that and thus have no interest in signing Kaboob. If Kaboob walks, the UFC will be just fine.

Lol that you think he would go to court anywhere other than America. Are you 15? That's not how the law works. Not to mention the UFC probably wouldn't be the ones pressing charges, I would imaging it would be a civil suit from someone hurt in the melee or the arena. Anyways, you're clueless.

Putin can just make a call to Trump who can just make a call to WME to not fuck with Khabib.

Khabib does have the UFC by the balls.

Bring in the PPV numbers just for Russia.
I doubt the numbers are really high tbh and Dana is all about money. Good thing Khabib have millions of followers but how many actually pay to watch
PPV is around 60$, how many people in dagestan can afford that ?

Lol Conman was exposed. Even if they give him the belt, every challenger beats him

I agree...

Not only that, all the hardcore fans and media would expose that bias...

The only thing is, UFC might be willing to ride that controversy out hoping Conor's casual fans eventually help them recoup whatever losses they incur.

It's definitely bad for their image if the UFC went that route though.

Back