The UFC is pathetic trying to help Jones

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“So where we are at is that Jon’s team is working hard. We (the UFC) are assisting them wherever we can to try to determine how this substance got into his system. Sometimes that is not a quick process. It can take weeks, if not months of testing supplements and retracing your steps."

That's a direct quote from Novitzky's latest statement. It's really pathetic that the UFC is trying to PROVE Jon Jones' innocence. It shouldn't take MONTHS of "retracing your steps" and "testing supplements". He basically just admitted that the Jones/UFC team is going to test every supplement under the sun until they find one with Turinabol, and then claim that Jones accidentally ingested this substance.

Jon had the chance before the fight to disclose all supplements he was taking to USADA. Even if he did magically get Turinabol in his system from another supplement, if it wasn't disclosed it shouldn't matter. He should get the full 4 years.

Honestly I'll stop watching the UFC entirely if teflon Jon manages to get away with this one.

sorry, but you are a dumbass spoiled kid who wants to bash Jon but can't because they are still trying to figure out what happened.

He explained exactly what is happening, and what they are doing to make sure that, if they convict him it is because they found no reason for not doing so.

If you knew Novitzky and what he stands for, you would know he is the authority that is helping UFC & USADA to clean the sport.

If you had any shred of decency in you, you would see that they are not protecting Jon. They are making sure that the GUILTY ones are found.

USADA and the UFC have EVERYTHING to lose if they lie to protect one fighter, no matter who the fighter is.

But keep on hating, and puting they don't convict Jon fast enough for your taste.

I almost wish he is found innocent, just to see the hissy fit you will throw...

But but the UFC only wants to help and promote white fighters!!

Stupid fucks. This whole thing is pathetic. They'll buy every supplement in the world trying to find one that Jones can use for an excuse

DC is the real champ

sorry, but you are a dumbass spoiled kid who wants to bash Jon but can't because they are still trying to figure out what happened.
And you're a dumb naive bitch that can't accept reality.

Hahaha, dumbass spoiled kid? Look at the little punk talking trash on the internet. I'd love to meet you in person son.

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

They want Jon back because he's one of there top draws in ppv sales if he wasn't they'd bury him quickly.

helping him bc hes a star
wouldn't be doing shit for a prelim fighter

They did the same with Tim Means (found tainted supplements) and Cortney Casey (incorrect testing, incorrect SAC).

Due Process is a good thing.

They want Jon back because he's one of there top draws in ppv sales if he wasn't they'd bury him quickly.

Pretty much. I guarantee that clown Novitzky got his marching orders from the UFC to help push for Jones' innocence.

I posted in another thread that he's probably worth ~$500 million to the UFC over 4 years. He's a 1 million + PPV buy draw... that's a lot of money per fight. And when he does fight, he actually tends to be fairly active. He could easily fight 10 times in a 4-year period.

Hahaha, dumbass spoiled kid? Look at the little punk talking trash on the internet. I'd love to meet you in person son.

I genuinely feel sorry for you.
nice try though men. You really scurred me!

Anyone with eyes could tell Jones was juicing (his body has transformed). If he was so damn tuff, he should have been willing to fight DC clean (but he wasn't man enough to face him without his chemical crutch secret weapon). He did the crime, he gotta do the time. If they let him skate on this with a vastly reduced sentence, then none of the other fighters should be compelled to obey the rules either. Then we would have a free-for-all, and all athletes have to cheat in order to compete with the cheaters. No, so much better to just ban the cheaters (for the fans, the athletes, and the sport).

Pretty much. I guarantee that clown Novitzky got his marching orders from the UFC to help push for Jones' innocence.

I posted in another thread that he's probably worth ~$500 million to the UFC over 4 years. He's a 1 million + PPV buy draw... that's a lot of money per fight. And when he does fight, he actually tends to be fairly active. He could easily fight 10 times in a 4-year period.
I like what you've wrote about Jones's worth to the ufc, it makes sense & backed up by data. But im not convinced of the 500 mil value & the novitzky theory.

I don't see what's so controversial about due process. Jones deserves the chance to prove he's innocent, which I suspect he will fail to do. Even if they find a tainted supplement he can prove he was on, that won't absolve him of responsibility. If they are trying to track down samples of supplements from the same batches that Jones was taking, and having them all independently tested, I could imagine that would take some time.

USADA needs to make up an approved supplements list. Any fighter that runs into issues from a non-approved supplement gets suspended. Should a fighter pop and the substance is traced back to a tainted supplement that is on the approved list, then they are not suspended and no punishment is given. USADA could then drop that supplement from their approved list.

I agree, retracing your steps should not be that hard, especially when fighters are supposed to inform USADA about any supplement they take. I also think they are just trying find something believable to blame the turinabol on.

I don't see what's so controversial about due process. Jones deserves the chance to prove he's innocent, which I suspect he will fail to do. Even if they find a tainted supplement he can prove he was on, that won't absolve him of responsibility. If they are trying to track down samples of supplements from the same batches that Jones was taking, and having them all independently tested, I could imagine that would take some time.

The problem is MONEY. How many other fighters do you think would be afforded this much due process? Do you think if some guy on the undercard tested positive for Turinabol, that the UFC would help him try to prove his innocence to this degree?

What the UFC is doing should be regarded as willful interference in an anti-doping investigation. Not only should Jones be suspended, but USADA should fine the UFC and officially sanction them for their attempts to aid his defense.

I like what you've wrote about Jones's worth to the ufc, it makes sense & backed up by data. But im not convinced of the 500 mil value & the novitzky theory.

I mean, you can never truly estimate value. The UFC average PPV does what, 200-300k buys these days? So you add Jones to one of those cards, and they get another 700k buys on top of that. If they do this 10 times over a 4-year period, that's 7 million additional buys just from having Jones be active.

7 million buys is worth ~$350 million right there. Then you add the additional gate revenue, and revenue from advertisements due to higher exposure, and Jon Jones merchandise, and you're easily talking another $150-200 million dollars.

That's the power one megastar can command.

Back