The UFC is not going to die but...

Hold up. TS said the UFC isn;t going to die. I have been reading ufc is going to die threads for years. Who has been telling me lies. We will have words.

@Ogata - The UFC letting certain elite-level talent go (MacDonald, Mousasi) may have everything to do with the ongoing lawsuit and it's the UFC's way of covering themselves (legally).

Lawyer to the UFC: You guys are a monopoly!

UFC: No we aren't, just look at MacDonald and Mousasi over in Bellator, how can we be a monopoly?

Rory lost to Lawler twice and then to Wonderboy. He became a gatekeeper in the UFC.

This is true in so many ways and in so many different businesses. SO TRUE SO TRUE SO TRUE. The WWE, the Lakers, the UFC now...so many companies and organizations fell apart because they catered to someone who was a complete piece of shit.

Oh also, what Gracie video are you referencing?

I know what you are doing and you are wrong. In boxing or pro sports, you act like an asshole you are canned. Check out the ray rice case.

In minor cases like swearing or brawls the boxers get fined by hbo or espn. Ufc chose to not punish conor. Thus they are catering to a shit head. Conors lawsuits are coming from other fighters.

Lol at mentioning wwe. They are in a drama business. That's all they do.

Nice try though. Regarding the Gracie video. There are two Gracie brothers or relatives that do YouTube videos and they mentioned that you should not run a gym with shit heads running around like they own the place as well as giving them special privileges like conor has.

What I have noticed with this Leslie Smith business is the lack of respect for their veterans and showing favoritism to their superstars ( Conor/Ronda/CM Punk) is going to have a horrific effect in the future and let me break it down.

So here is the thing, when you disrespect your veterans by letting superstars have all the control, whats going to happen is, you are going to alienate REAL talented fighters. The reason is the fact that, amazing fighters have great level of self-respect and pride because they care about their martial arts and their fitness level.

What UFC is doing is, creating a trashy culture through wrong incentive and thus, the amazing martial artist who could have been an amazing UFC fighter is going to avoid fighting in the UFC because they know they are going to be treated like shit and be disrespected. People who seek perfection in their art often times like to be treated with fairness.

I mean, the fact that you don't workout a deal with an amazing talent like Rory Macdonald is terrible. I mean he goes to fight bellator or fucking playing Riddler on Gotham or whatever fuck he is doing but in reality, he deserves to be a UFC fighter!

Cliff:

-Life long martial artist who seek perfection like to be treated with fairness, decency and are not a fan of hypocrisy.

- UFC and their current values are extremely trashy and letting anyone fight just because they are a superstar from WWE shows a lack of quality control and adds a whole new cringe to the UFC label.

-Rory MacDonald is a life long martial artist who practices the style of MMA. Pre-UFC, he would be like a shootfighter. He is a true treasure to the modern MMA and a representative of a well rounded MMA fighter.

Cliff of cliffs:

- UFC is promoting stardom over skill, Rory is awesome and not in the UFC, CM is not awesome but is in the UFC.

- OP is triggered because the UFC is going to attract the wrong talent and the good talents are going to have regular jobs or fight in local shows and not get the true recognition they deserve.

Edit

Let' be honest. Ufc was more exciting when you had Hughes Franklin and chuck liddle.

i think its healthy to let guys like Rory go and see what they can do else where. This is why I miss the Pride/Affliction/Strikeforce eras because guys weren't stuck in limbo in the same org forever. Anthony Johnson reinvented himself getting out of the UFC. Same thing with a lot of guys. It creates interest when a guy leaves to another decent show. Nick Diaz leaving the UFC was the best thing that could have happened.

@Ogata - The UFC letting certain elite-level talent go (MacDonald, Mousasi) may have everything to do with the ongoing lawsuit and it's the UFC's way of covering themselves (legally).

Lawyer to the UFC: You guys are a monopoly!

UFC: No we aren't, just look at MacDonald and Mousasi over in Bellator, how can we be a monopoly?

That's oddly a decent reason.

i think its healthy to let guys like Rory go and see what they can do else where. This is why I miss the Pride/Affliction/Strikeforce eras because guys weren't stuck in limbo in the same org forever. Anthony Johnson reinvented himself getting out of the UFC. Same thing with a lot of guys. It creates interest when a guy leaves to another decent show. Nick Diaz leaving the UFC was the best thing that could have happened.

I disagree. Nick blew up because of his fight with noons. Other than that we missed out on many potential UFC fights since his best active years was after his firsy UFC stint which he was already on a win streak after he was released. He beat neer and tibeau after his losses to karo Diego and Riggs.

Him leading meant we missed out on him fighting koscheck, Hughes, alves and others.

WME Bless, where shit talkers, drama queens and celebrities wannabes are ruling a niche sport who's becoming more niche thanks to that after years of saying mma is not human cockfighting.

That's oddly a decent reason.

I disagree. Nick blew up because of his fight with noons. Other than that we missed out on many potential UFC fights since his best active years was after his firsy UFC stint which he was already on a win streak after he was released. He beat neer and tibeau after his losses to karo Diego and Riggs.

Him leading meant we missed out on him fighting koscheck, Hughes, alves and others.

We got Diaz vs Gomi in Pride because he left the UFC.

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

Regardless the GSP vs Diaz fight most likely never would have been what it was if Diaz stayed. It was because Diaz leaving we got to see Diaz become the man in another org and interest built up. Diaz coming back and fighting Penn then calling out GSP was legendary.

I know what you are doing and you are wrong. In boxing or pro sports, you act like an asshole you are canned. Check out the ray rice case.

In minor cases like swearing or brawls the boxers get fined by hbo or espn. Ufc chose to not punish conor. Thus they are catering to a shit head. Conors lawsuits are coming from other fighters.

Lol at mentioning wwe. They are in a drama business. That's all they do.

Nice try though. Regarding the Gracie video. There are two Gracie brothers or relatives that do YouTube videos and they mentioned that you should not run a gym with shit heads running around like they own the place as well as giving them special privileges like conor has.
I think you're detecting sarcasm where there wasn't any. I actually just agreed 100% with what you said. The WWE, the Lakers and now the UFC are all in the shit can because they catered to assholes (Shawn Michaels / HHH, Kobe Bryant, Conor McGregor).

I think you're detecting sarcasm where there wasn't any. I actually just agreed 100% with what you said. The WWE, the Lakers and now the UFC are all in the shit can because they catered to assholes (Shawn Michaels / HHH, Kobe Bryant, Conor McGregor).

Oh my bad. I thought you were being sarcastic. I only watch boxing so I don't know much about other sports other than Ray Rice getting canned for his domestic incident and so I assumed they are not catering to assholes and just assumed all sports leagues are like that.

Regarding the Gracie channel, this is the channel.

Someone that is significantly more well-known that you.
Lmao. Are you related to her? Due to this being an MMA related site I'm guessing she's a fighter but wouldn't know which one of the 4 female weight classed she'd be in. Has she got any notable fights or were you just white knighting for the sake of white knighting?

Back