The UFC is not going to die but...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What I have noticed with this Leslie Smith business is the lack of respect for their veterans and showing favoritism to their superstars ( Conor/Ronda/CM Punk) is going to have a horrific effect in the future and let me break it down.

So here is the thing, when you disrespect your veterans by letting superstars have all the control, whats going to happen is, you are going to alienate REAL talented fighters. The reason is the fact that, amazing fighters have great level of self-respect and pride because they care about their martial arts and their fitness level.

What UFC is doing is, creating a trashy culture through wrong incentive and thus, the amazing martial artist who could have been an amazing UFC fighter is going to avoid fighting in the UFC because they know they are going to be treated like shit and be disrespected. People who seek perfection in their art often times like to be treated with fairness.

I mean, the fact that you don't workout a deal with an amazing talent like Rory Macdonald is terrible. I mean he goes to fight bellator or fucking playing Riddler on Gotham or whatever fuck he is doing but in reality, he deserves to be a UFC fighter!

Cliff:

-Life long martial artist who seek perfection like to be treated with fairness, decency and are not a fan of hypocrisy.

- UFC and their current values are extremely trashy and letting anyone fight just because they are a superstar from WWE shows a lack of quality control and adds a whole new cringe to the UFC label.

-Rory MacDonald is a life long martial artist who practices the style of MMA. Pre-UFC, he would be like a shootfighter. He is a true treasure to the modern MMA and a representative of a well rounded MMA fighter.

Cliff of cliffs:

- UFC is promoting stardom over skill, Rory is awesome and not in the UFC, CM is not awesome but is in the UFC.

- OP is triggered because the UFC is going to attract the wrong talent and the good talents are going to have regular jobs or fight in local shows and not get the true recognition they deserve.

Edit

Let' be honest. Ufc was more exciting when you had Hughes Franklin and chuck liddle.

Last edited:
This is certainly a fresh take on things. An invigorating read and unique perspective. Kudos, OP.

Didn't even read the cliffs cliffs

Leslie smith is a can.

Dont mention her in the same rant as Rory. Rory leaving was sad, Smith is a 10-7 can.

I agree with you to an extent that I'm tired of freakshow shit and no consequences for stars but come on man, you're really upset they cut Leslie? Really?

This is certainly a fresh take on things. An invigorating read and unique perspective. Kudos, OP.

Thanks man, I am a big fan of guys like Rory Macdonald and Wonder boy Thompson. Hell even Ronda with her judo skills alone was a very respectable skilled fighter. I want to see skills. I got in to MMA because of Ken Shamrocks relentless leg locks, Karo Parisyans judo throw and Joe Riggs traditional boxing stance which gave a unique look and flavor to what used to be the Muay Thai/BJJ or Brawler/Wrestler hybrid.

MMA is prize fighting, it's a business, a spectator sport-entertainment. TS you live in fantasy land where communism actually works.

Lost it @ UFC Superstars - CM PUNK.

But none the less, agree with TS.

Leslie Smith is not a veteran, She is a nobody, and is a potential negative buy for me
Jim Miller is a veteran and he is awesome, and is an absolute watch for me

raw

Leslie smith is a can.

Dont mention her in the same rant as Rory. Rory leaving was sad, Smith is a 10-7 can.

I agree with you to an extent that I'm tired of freakshow shit and no consequences for stars but come on man, you're really upset they cut Leslie? Really?

I agree that Leslie doesn't deserve to be compared to Rory but common man, she was on a back to back two win streak before her cut. I mean cut her the moment she loses like in a case with Jon Fitch. But to cut her despite winning her last two fight is sad.

The thing that broke the camel back wasn't just the Leslie thing but rather the hypocrisy of letting guys like Conor do whatever the hell they want and not reprimanding him. Its like the UFC picks and chooses who they go after and the favoritism is so disgusting that it puts many amazing potential fighters off from competing.

Leslie Smith is not a veteran, She is a nobody, and is a potential negative buy for me
Leslie has been a pro fighter since 2009.
Jim Miller has been a pro fighter since 2005.

Are you saying anyone who has been fighting for less than 13 years is not a veteran?

Leslie has been a pro fighter since 2009.
Jim Miller has been a pro fighter since 2005.

Are you saying anyone who has been fighting for less than 13 years is not a veteran?

No, I just don't want to watch WMMA.

good post, and good feedback.

i agree that the ufc isn't really portrayed as sport, it has more of a wwe feel to it.

in regular sports llike the nba, nhl, nfl, or even golf, there's a system they all follow which is you play regular season, playoffs, then championship if you make it. in the ufc they don't always go by the ranking system and who deserves a title shot. many fights are put on for money purposes, you wouldn't see any of those other sports taking a team and skipping everything to get a shot at a title.

also the way conor acts is disrespectful to the other true mma fighters and the image of the company, its one thing to trash talk but he goes overboard and his actions need to be accounted for. i really don't understand why fans like mcgregor and why the ufc keeps bending over for him.

he should be fined, sued, suspended and stripped of his title, and given a take it or leave it contract...real fighters who want to cement there legacy as an mma fighter and who can really be considered p4p or goat are guys like fedor, gsp, silva, aldo, cruz....the one's that actually defended there titles multiple times and kept them for long periods of time.....conor's useless as a fw or lw champ or any champ for that matter.

MMA is prize fighting, it's a business, a spectator sport-entertainment. TS you live in fantasy land where communism actually works.

Funny you bring Chael up. Take away his shit talking and you pretty much have a guy who is a carbon copy of Jon Fitch.

That being said, I agree that this is prize fighting and that it is a business. But in every business, there has to be quality control. I would rather watch a Rory Macdonald fight over and over again when its all said and done as oppose to a Chael Sonnen fight.

Lost it @ UFC Superstars - CM PUNK.

But none the less, agree with TS.

I cant call him a fighter and so, I have to refer to him as a superstar because WWE folks use the term superstar.

I don't disagree with you but she had enough leverage by being on a two fight win streak to not get cut all of a sudden. Like let her lose once then cut her.

I agree that Leslie doesn't deserve to be compared to Rory but common man, she was on a back to back two win streak before her cut. I mean cut her the moment she loses like in a case with Jon Fitch. But to cut her despite winning her last two fight is sad.

The thing that broke the camel back wasn't just the Leslie thing but rather the hypocrisy of letting guys like Conor do whatever the hell they want and not reprimanding him. Its like the UFC picks and chooses who they go after and the favoritism is so disgusting that it puts many amazing potential fighters off from competing.

I mean, I agree with your second paragraph. It is disgusting that they have made two different imaginary fights for Conor to "take away".

I couldnt disagree more with the first point. Fitch being cut was disrespectful and he was still in the top ten with a great record and long relationship with the company.

Leslie refused to fight, has beat no one good, and is 10-7. I actually prefer the UFC without her in it.

Rory is an awful example because he went to an even BIGGER shitshow in Bellator. Did you even watch the Kimbo/Dada fight?? Dont even get me started on the embarrassing "HW" grand prix they got going on.

I don't disagree with you but she had enough leverage by being on a two fight win streak to not get cut all of a sudden. Like let her lose once then cut her.

Obviously not. She cost them $62,000 and I'd guess most people are actually glad to not have to see her.

I mean, I agree with your second paragraph. It is disgusting that they have made two different imaginary fights for Conor to "take away".

I couldnt disagree more with the first point. Fitch being cut was disrespectful and he was still in the top ten with a great record and long relationship with the company.

Leslie refused to fight, has beat no one good, and is 10-7. I actually prefer the UFC without her in it.
Pettis was cut for the almost the same thing, right?

What I have noticed with this Leslie Smith business is the lack of respect for their veterans and showing favoritism to their superstars ( Conor/Ronda/CM Punk) is going to have a horrific effect in the future and let me break it down.

So here is the thing, when you disrespect your veterans by letting superstars have all the control, whats going to happen is, you are going to alienate REAL talented fighters. The reason is the fact that, amazing fighters have great level of self-respect and pride because they care about their martial arts and their fitness level.

What UFC is doing is, creating a trashy culture through wrong incentive and thus, the amazing martial artist who could have been an amazing UFC fighter is going to avoid fighting in the UFC because they know they are going to be treated like shit and be disrespected. People who seek perfection in their art often times like to be treated with fairness.

I mean, the fact that you don't workout a deal with an amazing talent like Rory Macdonald is terrible. I mean he goes to fight bellator or fucking playing Riddler on Gotham or whatever fuck he is doing but in reality, he deserves to be a UFC fighter!

Cliff:

-Life long martial artist who seek perfection like to be treated with fairness, decency and are not a fan of hypocrisy.

- UFC and their current values are extremely trashy and letting anyone fight just because they are a superstar from WWE shows a lack of quality control and adds a whole new cringe to the UFC label.

-Rory MacDonald is a life long martial artist who practices the style of MMA. Pre-UFC, he would be like a shootfighter. He is a true treasure to the modern MMA and a representative of a well rounded MMA fighter.

Cliff of cliffs:

- UFC is promoting stardom over skill, Rory is awesome and not in the UFC, CM is not awesome but is in the UFC.

- OP is triggered because the UFC is going to attract the wrong talent and the good talents are going to have regular jobs or fight in local shows and not get the true recognition they deserve.
Human beings are emotional. We like to fight but if there is some drama to accentuate the importance of the fight then more people will watch. We are human beings.

Back