The UFC is calling 224 stacked! How funny

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I've seen worse cards but this one is certainly not stacked. That main event is really really sad.

i see 4 wmma fighters out of 4 main event fights.
sht card
again

Obviously it's not, but it's not the worst card ever. Really the only thin I care about that much is Belfort machida tho

Maybe if they successfully booked the Cyborg-Nunes superfight as the main event, and Woodley wasn't injured (Woodley-dos Anjos as the co-main), this would've been a must-watch card at least for the hardcores.

As it is, it's a 275K buyrate.

I think I've seen people on here claiming Nunes is a draw. Can't tell if they were being sarcastic.

Are you new ? Your join date says not.

And how many cards have you seen in your time here, where a title fight did not take precedence as a main event over a non title fight ?

So why are you bitching about the main event ?

You have an argument about the use of the word stacked. But your second and last sentence is “ really really sad “

Maybe if they successfully booked the Cyborg-Nunes superfight as the main event, and Woodley wasn't injured (Woodley-dos Anjos as the co-main), this would've been a must-watch card at least for the hardcores.

weird.... i would have thought every card is a must watch card for the incredible 'hardcores' camp ?
i must be a godlike fan despite it being like my 3 or 4th fav sport ?

Gastelum/Jacare and Machida/Vitor are very intriguing.

Also rooting for Rocky, but she hasin't fought in some time.

I would have loved to see Machida vs Vitor 6-7 years ago, but this is still a fight I want to see.

275k is really hopeful. Lucky to break 200k imo.

Jacare-Kelvin is the real main event.

I only really care about the Gastelum fight. It's a joke to call this card stacked when 225 is around the corner. That card looks a lot better.

Lmao Dana making them UFC shills work for their $$$. How will they defend this shit? You gotta ask for a raise to defend this...

The card is stacked.
Amanda vs Rocky: If Amanda wins, she is fighting Cyborg. If Rocky wins, she shuffles the deck at 135.
Jacare vs Gastelum: If Gastelum wins, he is number 1 contender and he will fight winner of Whitaker vs Romero. If Jacare wins, he may rematch Romero, if Romero defeats Whitaker. If Whitaker wins, then Jacare has to fight Weidman.
Dern vs ABC: Dern is a prospect who looked amateurish in her last fight. She had the fighting spirit, but showed little ability to get the fight where she is the strongest, on the ground. If she can't beat ABC who was submitted by a less accomplished BJJ player (Cynthia C), then the hype will slowly start to dissipate.
Vitor vs Machida: This is a loser retires. It is the least interesting fight on the main. It should have been the main fight of the prelims. Give younger blood a platform to breakthrough.

I would say 3/4 fights with future implications is stacked.

I would say 3/4 fights with future implications is stacked.
Dern/ABC doesn't have future implications in comparison to most average prelims.

Also how is 3 good bouts stacked? We call a card stacked when it's stacked, not half good.

Last edited:
as a long time mma fan is it wrong idk who the blonde haired woman is and the other black haired woman on the side ?

I guess for 2018 WME UFC they are not wrong

Mackenzie Dern is pretty stacked though. Perhaps that's what they were alluding at?

1 semi-elite match-up, with Gastelum having lost badly to Weidman.

Back