The UFC HW Champ has become a joke...

I haven't heard Stiepe mentioned in ages on these boards. It feels like all I see are the obligatory Conor threads or these days the Mike Perry threads. The fact that these boards barely acknowledge the HW champ in favor of dick riding the next hype job (Lando Vanata, Mike Perry) that might hit it big is just a sign of what our society has degraded and devolved into.

If the UFC (WME-IMG) weren't so stupid they'd read these forums and start hyping up Vanata and Perry and any other fighter that this generation wants to hype up because it's going to be difficult for any other fighters to break through to the mainstream with these type of "fans" lurking about, who literally care about one guy and if that guy goes they're gone.

I'll never forget after Brock Lesnar predictably got smashed by Cain, after all the hype and back forth on these boards, the entirety of Sherdog was a ghost town and Brock fans just disappeared off the face of the Earth, something similar happened after Conor got beat by Nate, a large portion of Conor fans disappeared.

The sad fact may be their masculinity is based on that fighters accomplishments, or they just care about experiencing the non-stop meteoric rise of that fighter, if he falls they're jumping ship. These guys are NOT true fans of the sport they're true fans of fighter X.

This is the precise reason MM gets so much hate on these boards despite his accomplishments, the "fans" aren't really "fans" and when a fighter who's not a hype job achieves something special, these "fans" feel like their guy's legacy is being targeted and have to resort to saying "he's so small, I could beat him up."
Let stipe be

Not really a big Stipe guy. I'm gonna be cheerin for JDS but he and the division aren't a joke. If anything HW is competitive and exciting to me because anyone can win with one punch

When a belt gets passed around more often in other divisions it's because it's so stacked but when it happens at HW it's weak and they all suck. I don't get it

Maybe a lot of people expect jones, GSP, Silva, Aldo type of domination always? But then some would claim they're fighting in weak divisions

Maybe most people only care about the shit talking over the top personalities

Maybe Sherdog really is just 90% trolls

Idk I got off topic probably but it made sense in my head

I haven't heard Stiepe mentioned in ages on these boards. It feels like all I see are the obligatory Conor threads or these days the Mike Perry threads. The fact that these boards barely acknowledge the HW champ in favor of dick riding the next hype job (Lando Vanata, Mike Perry) that might hit it big is just a sign of what our society has degraded and devolved into.

If the UFC (WME-IMG) weren't so stupid they'd read these forums and start hyping up Vanata and Perry and any other fighter that this generation wants to hype up because it's going to be difficult for any other fighters to break through to the mainstream with these type of "fans" lurking about, who literally care about one guy and if that guy goes they're gone.

I'll never forget after Brock Lesnar predictably got smashed by Cain, after all the hype and back forth on these boards, the entirety of Sherdog was a ghost town and Brock fans just disappeared off the face of the Earth, something similar happened after Conor got beat by Nate, a large portion of Conor fans disappeared.

The sad fact may be their masculinity is based on that fighters accomplishments, or they just care about experiencing the non-stop meteoric rise of that fighter, if he falls they're jumping ship. These guys are NOT true fans of the sport they're true fans of fighter X.

This is the precise reason MM gets so much hate on these boards despite his accomplishments, the "fans" aren't really "fans" and when a fighter who's not a hype job achieves something special, these "fans" feel like their guy's legacy is being targeted and have to resort to saying "he's so small, I could beat him up."

People don't really like Stipe because his personality is boring. He's not boring though as a fighter and people like to watch him fight. I think he's doing just fine as champ. If he manages to knock out JDS he'll get a huge push I'm sure of it. At HW it's hard to tell who's going to stick around considering the most title defenses is like 2. I'm not too worried about it.

Imo Stipe actually has a good personality he just isn't in the media that much but that being said I couldn't care less if this PPV sold 20000 because the card is great and it's the HW title between two great fighters who already had a great fight

Stipe is legit, but i dont feel he fits the mix, just to bland of a guy outside of the few minutrs inside the octagon.

The other guys jds, reem, werdum, nog, mir, black beast, hunt feel like real personas you can root for or against, stipe is just an average guy in that sense.
There is literally nothin to say about hom at this point

Well, yeah...

Because apparently everything that happens outside of the octagon. Is more important than the actual fights ?

Buddeh...Your priorities are a bit fucked.

60191a7ef4a5c621b9fc6c116a6961bf.gif

Well, yeah...

Because apparently everything that happens outside of the octagon. Is more important than the actual fights ?

Well, I think the black beast personal is interesting outside of fight night which is the majority of the time.
Something which stipe is not and that is why I rather have the black beast being the top dog

Fighters have to give reasons for fans to care outside of just being a great fighter.

Look at every star this sport has ever had and the one common theme is they all gave us reasons to care outside of just fighting. Charisma is a massive part of being a star.

Well, yeah...

Unfortunately, what happens outside the octagon is what drives fighters to become stars. Being a great fighter only gets you so far. Being a great fighter with a ton of charisma will make you rich and oh so popular.

Back