The UFC HW Champ has become a joke...

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't heard Stiepe mentioned in ages on these boards. It feels like all I see are the obligatory Conor threads or these days the Mike Perry threads. The fact that these boards barely acknowledge the HW champ in favor of dick riding the next hype job (Lando Vanata, Mike Perry) that might hit it big is just a sign of what our society has degraded and devolved into.

If the UFC (WME-IMG) weren't so stupid they'd read these forums and start hyping up Vanata and Perry and any other fighter that this generation wants to hype up because it's going to be difficult for any other fighters to break through to the mainstream with these type of "fans" lurking about, who literally care about one guy and if that guy goes they're gone.

I'll never forget after Brock Lesnar predictably got smashed by Cain, after all the hype and back forth on these boards, the entirety of Sherdog was a ghost town and Brock fans just disappeared off the face of the Earth, something similar happened after Conor got beat by Nate, a large portion of Conor fans disappeared.

The sad fact may be their masculinity is based on that fighters accomplishments, or they just care about experiencing the non-stop meteoric rise of that fighter, if he falls they're jumping ship. These guys are NOT true fans of the sport they're true fans of fighter X.

This is the precise reason MM gets so much hate on these boards despite his accomplishments, the "fans" aren't really "fans" and when a fighter who's not a hype job achieves something special, these "fans" feel like their guy's legacy is being targeted and have to resort to saying "he's so small, I could beat him up."

What's there to talk about? Stipe is incognito outside of fight week. You haven't started any threads on him.

since your thread is about shity mma fanbases, why make the thread title about the HW champ?

next HW title fight should be great.

Dana reads these boards every day!

P.S. You're a fat Nancy boy Dana!

since your thread is about shity mma fanbases, why make the thread title about the HW champ?

next HW title fight should be great.
Thread was getting no views with the other title lol. We gotta do what we gotta do.

That belt is a whore anyway - will be around a new waist soon

Stipe's awesome. He just comes to win, though, doesn't do drama.

Stipe is saving lives on a daily basis...and Conor, well...he's renting Bentleys for Instagram likes, and is found intoxicated in a tree hut while having a pregnant wife at home... I hear ya TS.

Who would have thought MMA would become mainstream entertainment...and fighters ambushed by TMZ paparazzi.

Last edited:
Stipe and JDS will write the history.5 rounds of war is behind them,and maybe 5 more bloody rounds in front.,and they are good with that,drink beer together now,and after the fight.hangin',smilin',joking.
NO bad blood,full of respesct.
They need money,fight for money,like others,but with honor and respect.No need to act like a clowns.Both are great,without BS.
Fuck ppv,hype,industry,they'll fight either way...

I like Stipe just fine, dunno the fuck is wrong with the rest of you bitches.

Stipe's awesome. He just comes to win, though, doesn't do drama.

this, he doesn't do loads of trash talk, but he's got an awesome personality. Unfortunately there's no 24/7 type shows to hype these guys up bc the UFC marketing dept sucks.

Also, why are you hating on Lando? there's like 1 thread about him total, whilst being 40 on Conor/PMP in last 24 hours and you choose to bash the 1 guy of those that doesn't trash talk etc? Lando just comes to fight, leave that guy alone.

Stipe is legit, but i dont feel he fits the mix, just to bland of a guy outside of the few minutrs inside the octagon.

The other guys jds, reem, werdum, nog, mir, black beast, hunt feel like real personas you can root for or against, stipe is just an average guy in that sense.
There is literally nothin to say about hom at this point

It might have something to do with him being marketed as some random dude from Cleveland rather than the 2nd Cro Cop.

Heavy Weight belt has always been a hot potato, unfortunately I doubt Stipe has it long. I'd love to see a dominant champion at HW, hoping Ngannou is that guy.

It is oddly close to fight time and we haven't seen much about JDS or Stipe on Sherdog.

You can go beyond Sherdog to find MMA news. Try Twitter. Plenty of training clips.

Sherdog as an authority on anything other than its own barely-concealed homosexuality is a joke.

Get off Sherdog more, bro.

Back