The UFC feels different now

ChoKuRei

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ever since the new ownership watching the new matchmaking, seeing veteran fighters and employees released...it feels like a shoe with its laces untied. Its sloppy. Its not as dialed in as it used to be.

Rogan said it best these new owners are treating a sport like they would the production of a movie..

No more title legitimacy..the promos are wack and hollywood esque (rousey vs nunes)

Its going somewhere boys, somewhere far from where it came. Maybe itll end up somewhere better who knows.

I just miss the old days i guess, when it felt like an underground bloodsport. Bring the pain.

Most of these guys arent even roided anymore it sucks... They are like regular athletes now, eating kale and running and shit, instead of being stupidly shredded gladiators born to destroy lesser men.

It will never be that way again.

Remember when being a champion in the ufc meant you were no doubt the best mma fighter in the world? Most guys just want those big money fights now the title changes hands like a hot potato... One person rises in a rush of excitement gets all kinds of media then gets destroyed by some upcoming no name ans everyone forgets and moves on.

I mean who the fuck is stipe miocic seriously? Heavyweight champ and nobody knows. Compare that to the reign of jon jones, lesnar, gsp. Freak athletes with some kind of charisma to bring in fans. I dont even know what im seeing anymore boyo

Bring the pain

All you fuckers complaining about Dana and the Fertitas and they need to get new owners and blah blah blah.. You are all getting what you asked for.

I will protest it by keeping on illegaly streaming

We're seeing it sterilised right before our eyes. Crowd participation is gonna be like the NBA where all they shout is "DEFENCE". We wont get the classic "hit him in the dick" etc.

Your moms booty has been feeling a little different lately too, but I'm not complaining and neither is she.

IMG_1373.JPG
in 2016 Miocic KO'd Arlovski, Werdum and Overeem

wtf more do you want from a guy?

Last edited:
For sure don't overreact. There have been some great fights since the new owners took over. Not that big of a deal.

Tl;dr I feel your pain though. It doesn't feel the same. Time limits, the fact you cannot punch someone in the balls anymore, soccer kicks to the head of downed opponents, no 12-6 elbows. People have to secretly juice, it feels completely different.

It's been a quiet January for the UFC, I will reserve my judgment of the new ownership group til the end of the year

447.gif

It does feel very different

All you fuckers complaining about Dana and the Fertitas and they need to get new owners and blah blah blah.. You are all getting what you asked for.
I'll take the Fertitas over the the conglomerate of owners they have now

Straight up, this is two humans trained to hurt other humans locked in a cage together. I want/need that raw shit. I think we all know why Pride was so awesome. Some of the scariest and most legendary fighters fought in an almost no holds barred fighting system with barely any rules, plenty roids, and Yakuza run circus fights. Oh, and 10 minutes of intial ass whooping before any break.

I'm also concerned for the fighters that want free college
You ain't from La Mesa! I never seen you at the liberry!

But on-topic, yeah - it's derpin dangerously close to the point of derpt out. Rich men in suits fuck up pretty much everything good with their greed and general unhip sensibilities.
Ari Gold didn't buy the UFC because he and his friends love MMA so much. They did it for the money. Being able to buy a company and being able make it the best product it can be are two different things.

I personally don't necessarily give a shit that the Frutistas are gone. They were just a different bunch of suits. They damn near invented bullshit title shots and bullshit hypetrains. Reebok deal. Punking the fighters. Soecial treatment for some and unfair treatment for others. Saturation with limited creativity put into the production.
They're the ones who killed Strikeforce and WEC.

Just watch the fights you wanna watch and don't waste your time or money on events/fights you aren't interested in.
But neither group is or was the savior of MMA.

After the Chael/Tito fight, I'll give the UFC as much rope as they need.

Back