The UFC doesn’t promote Stipe....

Squintz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
and that’s the reason why he’s not a draw. Stipe also gets no respect and the UFC is shoving Ngannou down our throats and hoping he wins.

That seems to be the popular common belief around here leading up to the fight.

But did the UFC fail Stipe?

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/2...tipe-miocic-as-ufc-heavyweight-champ-millions

In over a year and a half since becoming champ ... The UFC had big plans for him and tried to push him right away. They set up UFC 203 in his hometown shortly after and the UFC even did him a major solid by throwing CM Punk on the card. How? Why?

UFC 203 did about 450K. Punk was probably responsible for at least 150-200K? That’s quite a few new viewers (WWE fans) tuning in to see the “Baddest man on the planet”. Then he headlined 211 which I thought was a very deep card yet it only did 300K.

So what happened?

The UFC believed that he would be marketable, his manager believed, his supporters believed and most importantly he believed he would be a major draw and deserved top money. Thing is you can’t hate promoting and expect to be a draw and earn top dollar. The UFC did their part and Stipe whether he was keeping it real by being himself or being too stubborn remains pretty much the same guy he was before he won the belt. Win or lose I’ll always respect the guy.

I’m not a UFC apologist by any means but to say they didn’t push Stipe or promote him properly is erroneous. The Stipe camp seems bitter/offended that the UFC is pushing/hyping Ngannou. Well of course they are... gotta get more than 300k buys and it’s not gonna happen by promoting Stipe or DC vs Volkan.

I never understood this. Was the same with Nunes prior to the Honda fight.

Beat the fucking guy they're promoting and hyping and theres your hype.

He goes in and ko-s Ngannou..... don't worry, the way Stipe is handled will do a 180.Hes evolved and on a KO streak of his own plus would break record for heavyweight title defenses. The only problem is that I believe Ngannou is real deal and Stipe has a small window of error in standing with this guy.

Stipe is a chill dude but he's dull with no real interesting backstory. There is no mystique, which is crazy after 4 straight 1st round KOs.

It is what it is.

Honestly I like Stipe! But listen to the dude on Ariels podcast. I could barely understand what he was saying.
I mean NGannou is more clear than him!
Also he doesn't seem interested in that side at all...

I never understood this. Was the same with Nunes prior to the Honda fight.

Beat the fucking guy they're promoting and hyping and theres your hype.

Precisely. They’re making Ngannou seem like the second coming of a Mythical Creature except he actually looks like one and very well might be? This is another major chance for Stipe to “get over”. They’re doing him a favor again.

Once again, Stipe is an amazing fighter with an awesome story but he talks like he has food in his mouth.

Ehh I feel like that's not true and UFC is actually pushing Stipe more if u really think about it... they didn't book ngannou for 10 month people were scare then all a sudden he has to KO Overeem m Stipe BACK TO BACK while Stipe just has to focus on 1 fight Ngannou is going to KO them both with the same camp

Ngannou sells himself UFC doesn't need to do shit lol

Just look at my pic if that was a portrait it would sell for 100 million

I don't understand the shoving Ngannou down our throats because talk about not being a draw, I would not give a bucket of piss this PPV if Stipe was not on it besides DC etc.
If Ngannou I will watch his fights to see him lose that is it and watch illegally I would not pay a dime for him and his nonsense octagon interview. If he is so damn worried about
slaves wherever he said they were blah blah blah why is he not over there? Oh never mind he wants to get rich here and ask somebody else to fund and support whatever the hell he said.

I don't understand the shoving Ngannou down our throats because talk about not being a draw, I would not give a bucket of piss this PPV if Stipe was not on it besides DC etc.
If Ngannou I will watch his fights to see him lose that is it and watch illegally I would not pay a dime for him and his nonsense octagon interview. If he is so damn worried about
slaves wherever he said they were blah blah blah why is he not over there? Oh never mind he wants to get rich here and ask somebody else to fund and support whatever the hell he said.

<{ohyeah}>

No, Stipe needs to be like Conor or Diaz - get out there and put himself over. Once he's created a public personality that the company CAN promote, believe they will. They WANT people to get over with the fans and become superstars, because that increases buyrates.

and that’s the reason why he’s not a draw. Stipe also gets no respect and the UFC is shoving Ngannou down our throats and hoping he wins.

That seems to be the popular common belief around here leading up to the fight.

But did the UFC fail Stipe?

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/2...tipe-miocic-as-ufc-heavyweight-champ-millions

In over a year and a half since becoming champ ... The UFC had big plans for him and tried to push him right away. They set up UFC 203 in his hometown shortly after and the UFC even did him a major solid by throwing CM Punk on the card. How? Why?

UFC 203 did about 450K. Punk was probably responsible for at least 150-200K? That’s quite a few new viewers (WWE fans) tuning in to see the “Baddest man on the planet”. Then he headlined 211 which I thought was a very deep card yet it only did 300K.

So what happened?

The UFC believed that he would be marketable, his manager believed, his supporters believed and most importantly he believed he would be a major draw and deserved top money. Thing is you can’t hate promoting and expect to be a draw and earn top dollar. The UFC did their part and Stipe whether he was keeping it real by being himself or being too stubborn remains pretty much the same guy he was before he won the belt. Win or lose I’ll always respect the guy.

I’m not a UFC apologist by any means but to say they didn’t push Stipe or promote him properly is erroneous. The Stipe camp seems bitter/offended that the UFC is pushing/hyping Ngannou. Well of course they are... gotta get more than 300k buys and it’s not gonna happen by promoting Stipe or DC vs Volkan.
they know he's a paper champ. if he beat cain then he's legit.

People who think that Stipe is marketable in any way, shape, or form have no idea how life works.

Might as well throw the money dedicated to promote Stipe to the shitter.

WME-IMG know what's up, and that's why they are hyping N'Gannou.

Back