The UFC / Dana White made the biggest mistake by letting Mousasi go to Bellator

notably OSP and Manhoef too

2mgpd3k.jpg

for what it's worth the ufc did offer him Rockhold at the eleventh hour
but Gegard declined

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/gegard-mousasi-offered-luke-rockhold-ufc-215-bellator-offer

Mousasi is one of the true p4p best MMA fighters, stepping up to HW and beat Hunt within 1 round, something roided out Brock Lesnar couldn't do in 3:

Gegard isn't a ppv or ratings draw.

That's the cold hard truth.

Mousasi is the best MW in the world imagine him against the likes of Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero, and Costa.

So many exciting matchups we’ll probably never get to see now

<2>

Think the Reaper is the best MW in the world but agree about the exciting potential match ups.

Especially since he's now the lineal Middleweight champion:

Dave Menne (01) -> Murilo Bustamante (02) -> Dan Henderson (05) -> Kazuo Misaki (06) -> Paulo Filho (06) -> Norman Paraisy (11) -> Maiquel Falcão (12) -> Alexander Shlemenko (13) -> Brandon Halsey (14) -> Rafael Carvalho (15) -> Gegard Mousasi (18)

wrong, henderson's title was unified with the UFC belt when he fought Anderoid

Whittaker got KOd by WW Wonderboy in less than 5 minutes.

Mousasi is the better striker and fighter imo.
He got ko'd at a lower weight class where the weight cut hurt him. If he can survive Romero he can survive Mousasi. Plus if we're comparing fights Mousasi in his first fight with Hall got KTFO. Plus Mousasi couldnt handle Jacare on the ground.

Gegard isn't a ppv or ratings draw.

That's the cold hard truth.
But he’s one of the best MWs of all time. You UFC guys can have PVZ, Ostrovich, all these other clowns who “draw” but if guys like Mousasi are going to Bellator, then that’s where you can find me. Idgaf about this draw shit. I’m tryna see the best fighters. Ppl have forgotten what this sport is about.

He got ko'd at a lower weight class where the weight cut hurt him. If he can survive Romero he can survive Mousasi. Plus if we're comparing fights Mousasi in his first fight with Hall got KTFO. Plus Mousasi couldnt handle Jacare on the ground.
You literally mentioned Mousasi losing to Hall and Jacare as if he also hasn’t KO’d both of those guys.

But he’s one of the best MWs of all time. You UFC guys can have PVZ, Ostrovich, all these other clowns who “draw” but if guys like Mousasi are going to Bellator, then that’s where you can find me. Idgaf about this draw shit. I’m tryna see the best fighters. Ppl have forgotten what this sport is about.
The UFC is fine without him.

Major kudos to Bellator for signing him.

Mousasi is one of the true p4p best MMA fighters, stepping up to HW and beat Hunt within 1 round, something roided out Brock Lesnar couldn't do in 3:

latest

Gegard has some massive Armenian goat balls. He also has over 50 fights.

You literally mentioned Mousasi losing to Hall and Jacare as if he also hasn’t KO’d both of those guys.
That's my point though pointing to Whittaker's loss at 170 to Wonderboy as if because Wonderboy beat him therefore Mousasi would is mma math fuckery

The UFC is fine without him.

Major kudos to Bellator for signing him.
UFC can’t even put together a decent main card. You don’t think Mousasi could’ve headlined this weekend’s card vs Thiago Santos? Or Rory could’ve fought Tyron at MSG for 230? Yeah sure the UFC is fine without him, but the UFC used to be home to the best fighters in each weight class. That is no longer the case. The best WW and best MW are in Bellator. That’s just something ppl are gonna have to deal with.

Mousasi is the best MW in the world imagine him against the likes of Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero, and Costa.

So many exciting matchups we’ll probably never get to see now

<2>

Mousasi best Mw in the world .... lol

UFC can’t even put together a decent main card. You don’t think Mousasi could’ve headlined this weekend’s card vs Thiago Santos? Or Rory could’ve fought Tyron at MSG for 230? Yeah sure the UFC is fine without him, but the UFC used to be home to the best fighters in each weight class. That is no longer the case. The best WW and best MW are in Bellator. That’s just something ppl are gonna have to deal with.
Sherdog is the Global Authority in Mixed Martial Arts. If you go by their current rankings Rory is the #5 welterweight and Gegard is the #6 middleweight.

The UFC is fine.

Mousasi wasn't even good enough to get a title shot, let alone win a title. He was also never going to be a draw.

He is a good fighter, but UFC realistically lost nothing by letting him go.

I think Rory was a far bigger loss. Personally I've never been a big fan of gegard, obviously he's a talented fighter though.

The middleweight division seems fine without him and he's not a huge draw so I'm sure Dana isn't losing any sleep over this.

The guy got beaten up and arguably lost to a bloated WW in Bellator.

Mistake? Not really. Nobody cares about him. If they did, he’d be a ratings draw for Bellator.

Back