The UFC / Dana White made the biggest mistake by letting Mousasi go to Bellator

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The UFC / Dana White made the biggest mistake by letting Mousasi go to Bellator.

Mousasi's notable wins:

Update: Rory MacDonald (TKO)
  1. Hendo (TKO)
  2. Weidman (TKO)
  3. Vitor (TKO)
  4. Mark Hunt (Sub)
  5. Ovince St. Preux (UD)
  6. Uriah Hall (TKO)
  7. Jacare (KO)
Gegard Mousasi is one of the true p4p best fighters in MMA:

But perhaps the UFC let him go because they don't care to have a Dutch-Iranian MW champ. Having the Australian market with Whittaker is more profitable.

Mousasi is a stylistic nightmare for Whittaker. He's a more well-rounded striker with better grappling. Only strong wrestlers like Romero can beat Mousasi.

Last edited:
i don't know how much better gayguard's striking is than bobby knuckles.
we've already seen gayguard get ko'ed by hall and he got worked by machida. pls schlemenko almost spoiled his bellator debut

Would have liked to see him challenge for a title. He has a ton of quality wins, and its a shame it took moving to bellator to recieve a title shot (and a beating from Schlemenko). I don't think UFC brass is too concerned about it at the moment, as he probably wasn't a huge draw, and that division is pretty much in limbo for a while anyway.

Easily coulda beaten anyone at MW. He'll be back.

Of course, and Rory... we for sure need to see him vs Tyron again at this point

He had his chance. I'll always watch his fights but he hit a ceiling.

Yes they did. Him vs. Whittaker is a dream matchup.

Mousasi is the best MW in the world imagine him against the likes of Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero, and Costa.

So many exciting matchups we’ll probably never get to see now

<2>

It's a shame, Gegard is one of the most underrated fighters and was on a roll. The goof is a dummy and didn't want to pay the man decent money.

Crazy. He probably makes like $500k a fight too. UFC is so fooking cheap can’t even pay an all time great with 50 fights half a million. If Gegard doesn’t deserve it then who really does?

Mousasi is the best MW in the world imagine him against the likes of Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero, and Costa.

So many exciting matchups we’ll probably never get to see now

<2>
Is he really the best if he got dominated by an older fighter in Jacare?

we've already seen gayguard get ko'ed by hall and he got worked by machida. pls schlemenko almost spoiled his bellator debut
Whittaker got KOd by WW Wonderboy in less than 5 minutes.

Mousasi is the better striker and fighter imo.

The UFC / Dana White made the biggest mistake by letting Mousasi go to Bellator.
Especially since he's now the lineal Middleweight champion:

Dave Menne (01) -> Murilo Bustamante (02) -> Dan Henderson (05) -> Kazuo Misaki (06) -> Paulo Filho (06) -> Norman Paraisy (11) -> Maiquel Falcão (12) -> Alexander Shlemenko (13) -> Brandon Halsey (14) -> Rafael Carvalho (15) -> Gegard Mousasi (18)

"Dana White made the biggest mistake by letting Mousasi go to Bellator"

YCCoqAa.gif

He had his chance. I'll always watch his fights but he hit a ceiling.

Yet Weidman is still here in the UFC MW division and is probably a fight or two away from the title shot, lol.

He did spoil his debut. Whether the judges pretended he won has no bearing on what we saw..

Just a thought: Schlemenko could destroy a lot of UFC MW's, too?

Scott Coker knows how to recruit talent fighters. Strike Force fighters have proven to be on par (if not better than UFC fighters): e.g. Cormier.

Back