The UFC, Bellator, and the structure of the heavies

KYS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it is general consensus that Bellator is catching up to the UFC in relevance. Certainly the roster is somewhat top-heavy compared to the UFC, but it seems fair to say that that some of the recent champs in Bellator's divisions are on the very level of the UFC champions. Thinking of MVP and Pico for example, it is clear that there are some hot prospects on Bellator's roster. Prospects that would be super hot in the UFC, too.

I'm wondering whether it might make sense to make a separate Bellator subforum or merge it with the UFC subforum. ("That's fucking illegal!") People refrain from making threads about Bellator fights or fighters simply because they don't take off, the reason being that they belong to the worldwide MMA discussion subforum in the current structure of the board. It seems strange that the discussion of the possible MacDonald-Mousasi superfight is not made in the main Sherdog subforum, and hence not even shown on the front page of Sherdog in particular.

I'm just thinking that it seems a little off that people are searching for connections to the UFC to justify a Bellator-related thread in the UFC subforum, because they don't want their thread to end up in the worldwide MMA discussion.

Back