The TUF 23 Trivial Games of Reality and Leisure vol. 3.0

What do you mean by "surprise"? To me it is no surprise if eliminated fighters can get in should somebody get injured or kicked out for misconduct, so do you mean some way other than that that eliminated fighters can get in?

Good question, the injury or expulsion replacement is not considered a surprise that they would announce as a stipulation. This is for any announcement of a stipulation or special rule other than the normal method of replacement. Such surprise possibility is they choose the one winning fighter with the boringest fight and that person gets replaced with an eliminated fighter. Something like that.

And this isn't season long, just for this week 2.

Fight

1. A
2. A
3. D

Bonus

1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. F

Fight
1. B
2. B
3. C

Bonus Questions
1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. A

Riding the Moyle train even if it derails and bursts into flames in a ditch

Fight
1. A
2. A
3. B

Bonus Questions
1. B
2. B
3. A
4. D
5. E

FIGHT

1. B - Khalil
2. A - 1st Round
3. A - KO 1st

BONUS

1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. F

My brain exploded several times reading this, but it looks great.

Fight

1. B
2. B
3. B

Bonus

1. B
2. A
3. A
4. F
5. B

My brain exploded several times reading this, but it looks great.

Speaking of brain destruction, did you know that our bonus questions can double as a drinking game? I mean, it really made for a rough night the first week, but it works! Also, thank you for dropping in, always good to hear what people think, and thanks for the kind words, too. :) It takes alot of effort, but well worth it.

Gorg watching TUF gettin' krunk :p

giphy.gif

EPR
{Episodic Pictorial Review}

WEEK 1
Part 3

Bonus Question #11:
Joanna makes her greatness known in many ways. Some are vocal, some are mere gestures. Will she in fact do her now famous "#1" gesture with her hand? It's her go-to pose, but will she break it out this early? (15pts)

Yes

This was the most controversial one for me, so I really gotta explain it out, I've got a shot-by-shot scene describing Jedi's Mind Tricks as it pertains to subliminal warfare and the little games she plays with Claudia.

This is just a hypothetical, but here is how I think it went...

So they're picking teams, Joanna winks at Claudia as she points her finger at her pick in an odd, #1 gesture kind of way:

GdsH9wV.jpg

Everything seems innocent enough, JJ the younger (Aldrich) is there as a palative buffer/muse of unmolded potential, letting cooler heads prevail. No way Gadelha is picking up on anything.

Then we look over and catch Claudia in mid-eye roll, like, 'oh no, not with the finger again...':

tZ3wfDv.jpg

The line has been cast and it looks like the bait is being bitten. Joanna gives a hint of a smile now, as Dana is biting his lip and she is straightening that finger a bit more:

foQWR2g.jpg

Are we reaaaaaalllly gonna wag the #1 gesture at me every time you pick??

0lr1Qs1.jpg

Aaaaaand YES we are!!!:

1VlC6K3.jpg

It's just not worth it, just gotta let it go and breath in:

VfLpL9T.jpg

[#1 finger wagging intensifies]:

z46zOMy.jpg

Are you seeing this, Dana? I mean, do something... and Dana proceeds to mutter 'Fuck' under his breath while avoiding eye contact:

kHGCBUJ.jpg

Near the end, all pretense was dropped and she just started in with the eye contact on Gadelha, a sly smile and good ol' #1:

CTEXtqw.jpg

A final plea to the audience, or an 'Is this really happening?!?!? FML' kinda moment:

bT2bAOn.jpg

Then Joanna proceeds even to taunt her own team with the #1 sign, going down the line, even to mini-JJ, establishing dominance as a pack leader, saying "You know I am #1 Stawweight, right? You are on my team, you say it now. I have the belt. I pick you 1st, but I am #1, ok? No smile, mini-J, even you":

Rmq4byi.jpg

This is what rule with a Polish Iron Fist [with #1 sign ready anytime] looks like, I guess.

-----

Bonus Question #12:
Will we see the fighters step foot in the TUF House within this first episode? (10pts)

No

I can't really show a pic of them not stepping foot in the TUF House, but rest assured, its gonna happen!
Here's a sign of things to come:

iXw0jt2.jpg

-----

Bonus Question #13:
WIll Dana mention the "Judges" in any way, as in the infamous, "Don't leave it up to the Judges" speech, or, I don't know, "WHat are these f@#&$ Judges THINKING!!!!", etc.?
mad0245.gif
(10pts)

Yes

This was inevitable, and so here it is, with Dana making a non-sequitor out of nowhere as no one pays attention to him:

AdImLCL.jpg

----

Bonus Question #14:
Speaking of cursing unintelligibly at the sky, will there be more than 3 instances where they will need to censor anyone for cussing? So if anyone, Dana or fighters or coaches, if there are four beeps, Over wins. (15pts)

A) Over 3

I want to slowly incorporate gifs into this, so here is another fledgeling creation of mine. This 2-hour premiere was sooo over 3 cusswords, I made a 30 second gif where Dana lights it up on a 7-cuss roll!

DPfsfM7.gif

-----
Here's one extra to end this Part, classic Dana:

yL9P684.jpg

Last edited:
EPR
{Episodic Pictorial Review}

WEEK 1
Part 4
Bonus Question #15:
*This question is in honor of the awesome Joanna gif created for sherdog by the Awesome Asurah!
Nqs8UPL.gif

Will there be any drinking this episode by Joanna Jedi? No, not that kind of "drinking",
smiley-eatdrink007.gif
[Well, not yet anyways, not until they get into the house and Joanna comes over with "housewarming gift" of crate of Potato Wodka].

Will she sip from any beverage during this thirst quenching episode of fightin and evaluating? (15pts)

No

Believe me, I was looking, and at times it seemed she was surrounded by beverages and drinking containers, but not even one sip caught on film!

She had quite the setup for her spot on the Coach's Table, with 3, count 'em 3 beverage containers to choose from!:

P0D0xEx.jpg

There's the Starbucks decorative container, the black mug [probably has daily morning intake of Polish Potato Wodka, good for skin and waking up and such], and the UFC-brand water bottle. It's almost as if she's bored of all the drinking she must be doing off camera.

Look, even when she's taking a break and eating from a styrofoam plate like a hobo at an outdoor wedding reception, the UFC-brand water is virtually engulfing her! I count 14 UFC waters she could partake of:

yjJBlHX.jpg

and here's the other side of her, water to the front of her, water to the back, here she is, the most hydrated Strawweight Champ of the WORLD!!:

BlbtkCv.jpg

There are even water bottles literally at her feet, flanking her! But the restraint of this woman. It's remarkable, she must be water cutting for fun, so the answer to 15 is nah.

------

Bonus Question #16:
In TUF20, the Softspoken Scot, Jojo Calderwood, had to use subtitles to traduce her cute accent, and it was kinda a big deal and awesome around here. Will they bequeath subtitles for the Polish Pontificator, Joanna Jędrzejczyk more than once? (10pts)

Yes

Her and Gadelha had their fair share of subtitle 'help' for them to be understood. Here are a couple examples of Joanna showing some disapproval of the vertically challenged:

0nZYMaZ.jpg

VKsxyLM.jpg

jRqSvfw.jpg

----

Bonus Question #17:
People praying in TUF is a common occurance, to stay strong in the house. Will we see someone with a Bible/Holy Book? Doesn't have to read it aloud or talk about faith, just visual confirmation. (10pts)

No

Nope, no holy books, probably happening next episode if it does.

---------------------

Bonus Question #18:
Which Strawweight will get the first confessional? So we all know the confessional talking head review, where we get little snippets of the fighters talking about and summarizing what's happening on the show? Looks really professional, they have this circle light that makes the fighter's eyeballs look cool? (23pts)

Ashley Yoder

Here's Ashley all happy and focused going into TUF, probably leaving all Star Wars gear in storage for the forseeable future :confused::

wKPG258.jpg

----------

Bonus Question #19:
Will Claudia talk about or mention her Brazillianess? Talk about her hometown, etc. If she talks about her gym, Nova União, then that counts too, because that gym is as reeking of Brazillianness as a Brazillian Flag wraped up in Açaí Berries on top of a Bronzed Beach Bikini Babe's Booty. (10pts)

Yes

This is probably the 2nd thing to come out of her mouth at the beginning of the show, the first is how JJ has a punchable face:

lnkc2Uf.jpg

------

Bonus Question #20:
How many "sudden victory" rounds will there be? Basically, that's the third tiebreaking round beyond the 2 that are usually given. We will count both male and female fights. (23pts)

C) Two

The Elias Urbina fight and the Cory Hendricks fight. Don't have any pics, though.

One last Part to go!

Last edited:
I don't recognize the costumed character, but the wearing of relatively large shoes leads me to assign that costume to some old school anime or manga (or at least the influence of old school anime or manga).

Elmah96.jpg

Having JJ Aldrich in Joanna's team will lead to many confuses and misunderstandings for sure :) I hope they will somehow meet after the TUF Finale.

Fight:

1 - Rountree
2 - A
3 - A

Bonus Q's

1. B
2. A
3. A

Season Winner prediction:

Womyns: Suarez
Menz: Rountree

Everyone is so high on Suarez, but big, strong wrestlers tend to fade quickly if they are denied takedowns. And I'm sure JJ's team will be drilling sprawls and whizzers 24/7.

Having JJ Aldrich in Joanna's team will lead to many confuses and misunderstandings for sure :) I hope they will somehow meet after the TUF Finale.

Well, if they're gonna be best friends forever, I sure hope so! It's gonna be great, they'll dress alike like twins and fuck shit up wherever they go:

post-43500-step-brothers-were-here-to-fuc-kZsE.gif

Everyone is so high on Suarez, but big, strong wrestlers tend to fade quickly if they are denied takedowns. And I'm sure JJ's team will be drilling sprawls and whizzers 24/7.

Exactly! Well put M Raid! Joanna gave the blueprint for dealing with wrestle-SPAM-heavy fighters. Surely she'll get everyone up to snuff!

Can't wait for next episode!

Me too!!! So glad you got your entry in early, Invisible, just sit back and party on!!!

Still worried about ArtofDrowning and battery, though, gonna send them another 'last chance' PM, hope they catch it!

I don't recognize the costumed character, but the wearing of relatively large shoes leads me to assign that costume to some old school anime or manga (or at least the influence of old school anime or manga).

Elmah96.jpg

This is definitely a question for twitter, I'm betting on crude Ninja turtle and ballerina. I bet there is an awesome backstory, but sadly, do not hold out hope for Yoda confirmation. We'll see soon enough what personal effects the contestants are gonna bring into the house.

Mark!! We're gonna have the TUF House reveal AND possibly a Van Scene. The in-house dynamics will truly effect the fighter's psychological outlook. The true TUF test/initiation lies before them, can't wait!

I'm going with there being 3 van scenes.

Fight

1. A
2. B
3. C

Bonus

1. B
2. A
3. A
4. C
5. F

Last edited:
Back