The TUF 20 Fantasy League - General Discussion & Analysis (Registered Players Only!!)

I`ll second what Battery said (Yay!). Thanks again, Arkain2. It was a lot of fun!

Congrats to the champ - Ah Man! Do something fun with your winnings (and don`t just blow it all on sports bets)!

Hmmm...fell a little short ("Why?! Why did I pick HJC over Felice?!"), but gave it a good run.

Here's to all of the good SW fights we can now watch in the UFC!

Jarl

P.S. Guess I gotta change my sig...

Thanks everyone, and thanks to Carla Esparza for getting the finish. I've never received money by PayPal before, only paid, but I'll figure it out tomorrow.

In the spirit of giving small women the opportunity they so clearly deserve, the entire jackpot will go to Educate Girls, an Indian non-profit where it will be enough to put 28 girls in school for a year, in an area where only 1 out of 100 girls reaches Class 12 and each year of education reduces their risk of a variety of outcomes like HIV and maternal mortality, improves the health and education of their children, reduces their number of children in an area pressured by overpopulation, protects them from gender-based violence, delays their marriage in a region where 68% of girls marry before the legal age, strengthens their ability to contribute to their community, and gives them the chance to dream big and reach for those dreams. Thank you all for playing - you each put a girl in school for one year by doing so. And of course a big thanks to Arkain2K for organizing.

Wow you're amazing! I would have spent the money on Christmas presents. Now I don't feel so bad about losing.

Also, thanks Arkain for setting this all up!

So the UFC got pretty much exactly what they wanted out of this matchmaking. The cut list likely includes Kagan, Magana (feeble performance), Chambers (too small), & Ellis. Bec survives via never giving up and beating the crap out of Clark in the third round, and Clark is probably gone for a year with knee surgery anyway.

I'm sure the UFC probably wanted Rose as champ but really Carla as champ is better for the division's credibility right now. We still have years of memorable performances ahead from Rose and she will probably eventually end up at the top.

Jessica wins the bronze medal (still gold medal legs) and shows she's a real 115lber now and a force to be reckoned with. Jessica/Tecia next?

Thanks everyone, and thanks to Carla Esparza for getting the finish. I've never received money by PayPal before, only paid, but I'll figure it out tomorrow.

In the spirit of giving small women the opportunity they so clearly deserve, the entire jackpot will go to Educate Girls, an Indian non-profit where it will be enough to put 28 girls in school for a year, in an area where only 1 out of 100 girls reaches Class 12 and each year of education reduces their risk of a variety of outcomes like HIV and maternal mortality, improves the health and education of their children, reduces their number of children in an area pressured by overpopulation, protects them from gender-based violence, delays their marriage in a region where 68% of girls marry before the legal age, strengthens their ability to contribute to their community, and gives them the chance to dream big and reach for those dreams. Thank you all for playing - you each put a girl in school for one year by doing so. And of course a big thanks to Arkain2K for organizing.

You sir, are a White Knight -in the finest sense of the term. I would have spent the money on booze.

The TUF 20 Fantasy League's Grand Prize have been sent to our Champion! Check your PayPal balance and you will see it increased by a hefty $280! :D

It's awesome to see that after all the fun we had, the League also contributed to this great cause this Christmas season! Thank you for letting us be a part of your mission, Ah Man!

5ajbeWB.jpg

damn dude that's quit noble of you!

I would've put it straight to bills! mad respect dude!

I`ll second what Battery said (Yay!). Thanks again, Arkain2. It was a lot of fun!

Congrats to the champ - Ah Man! Do something fun with your winnings (and don`t just blow it all on sports bets)!

Hmmm...fell a little short ("Why?! Why did I pick HJC over Felice?!"), but gave it a good run.

Here's to all of the good SW fights we can now watch in the UFC!

Jarl

P.S. Guess I gotta change my sig...

amen brother, no clue what I was thinking there either

I'm gonna miss all this.

Thanks again Arkain2K, and all the Fantasy League players, for the companionship afforded by this competition!
:)

Now that the SW tournament has concluded, I'd like to propose a toast to:

The early birds battery, Cyantist, Augustus Caesar for jumping on board as soon as the TUF 20 Fantasy League registration went live on July 25th! You three were the first snowballs that started this avalanche!

My right-hand man iThrillhouse for all the beautiful League posters and weekly points double-checkings! Thank you for all your help, bro!

League's reporter Mark Zima for all the news/photos/videos updates during the tourney! You Sir, are quite possibly the most helpful WhiteBelt I have encountered on Sherdog!

Runner-up iNoScopedJFK for getting 14 out of 15 picks correctly! That's quite an amazing feat for a self-proclaimed "TUF 20 Noob"!

League's analysts JarlSkuld, Ashenthorn, Charlie77 for all the weekly insightful inputs!

League's anti-Nostradamus SeverianB for being such a good sport and continued to duke it out to the bitter end along side the rest of us, unlike some others who threw in the towel as soon as victory seemingly drifted beyond their reach. If this was the Tour de France, that special Lanterne Rouge (Red Lantern) shirt would go to your heroic effort for sure!

League Champion Ah Man for restoring our faith in humanity! You Sir, are pure class! I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say we actually don't feel bad for losing to you AT ALL!

Sherdog's Senior Moderators Ronwah and Tachy for keeping the League's headquarters clean, from disposing weekly purged picks to daily extermination of the shameless snails who kept sneaking in our meeting room.

All League members for making this tournament a smashing success, which couldn't have happened without all your participation! The Brotherhood shall convene again when the UFC have a 105 or 125 tourney a few years down the road!

Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Arkain2K
League Commissioner.

Last edited:

Highly respectable act. My hat's off to you, Sir.

Nice one. Well done and this makes me glad you won.

Superb effort and organisation by Arkain2K in doing all of this - well done :)
Massive respect to Ah Man for putting his well deserved winnings into a very deserving charity - you will have changed peoples lives doing that - hope karma is kind to you my friend.

The early birds battery, Cyantist, Augustus Caesar for jumping on board as soon as the TUF 20 Fantasy League registration went live on July 25th! You three were the first snowballs that started this avalanche!

My right-hand man iThrillhouse for all the beautiful League posters and weekly points double-checkings! Thank you for all your help, bro!

League's reporter Mark Zima for all the news/photos/videos updates during the tourney! You Sir, are quite possibly the most helpful WhiteBelt I have encountered on Sherdog!

Runner-up iNoScopedJFK for getting 14 out of 15 picks correctly! That's quite an amazing feat for a self-proclaimed "TUF 20 Noob"!

League's analysts JarlSkuld, Ashenthorn, Charlie77 for all the weekly insightful inputs!

League's anti-Nostradamus SeverianB for being such a good sport and continued to duke it out to the bitter end along side the rest of us, unlike some others who threw in the towel as soon as victory seemingly drifted beyond their reach. If this was the Tour de France, that special Lanterne Rouge (Red Lantern) shirt would go to your heroic effort for sure!

League Champion Ah Man for restoring our faith in humanity! You Sir, are pure class! I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say we actually don't feel bad for losing to you AT ALL!

Sherdog's Senior Moderators Ronwah and Tachy for keeping the League's headquarters clean, from disposing weekly purged picks to daily extermination of the shameless snails who kept sneaking in our meeting room.

All League members for making this tournament a smashing success, which couldn't have happened without all your participation! The Brotherhood shall convene again when the UFC have a 105 or 125 tourney a few years down the road!

Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Arkain2K
League Commissioner.

thanks for putting this bad boy together bro! I was glad to be helpful to the cause! it's been wild!

**Green Day's time of your life starts playing**

This was a ton of fun, honest. I think the light shit-talk was my favourite part, especially in the early days getting people onboard, my only regret is not walking out the champion.

I think for now I'm going to helax from sherdoggin' 25/8 and claim my place as the Art Davie of this shebang, with my trillby, "the commish" jacket and some booze, Ah Man is coming off like a true gangster and doing something I could only hope I would have thought of had I won, hats off to that guy

DavieMandelSherdog.jpg

Cheers to Arkain2K for putting this excellent Fantasy League together, and to all my fellow competitors for their companionship during the past months. I'll miss it now that it is over, but I hope we'll still be interacting together on the Sherdog forums in time to come!
:)

1. Congratulations
2. Bravo to you on your generous gesture. I say, Bravo!

Thanks to Arkain2K for putting this together and keeping it on point for the entire run. I'm pretty proud of myself for coming in sixth place*.

*from the bottom

Haven't actually been following this thread, but having been reminded of it by Arkain's recnt post in the women's mma thread, just wanted to drop in and say congrats to Arkain and others (as mentioned above) on organizing this anfd keeping it up and running,

Big congrats also, of course, to Ah Man both for winning and for being so generous with his winnings

Excellent

good on you, ah man! that is fantastic! :)

congratulations once again on the win!!! :cool:

Back