The Truth about Racism & Athlete Promotion

latoya johnson

Double Black Card
@Green
Reaction score
Several athletes (Tyron Woodley, Demetrius Johnson, Floyd Mayweather) have claimed there is racism in sports, and honestly...
They're right.
iraqimage009.gif

BUT HEAR ME OUT! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!

White people aren't malicious towards black people. They're just biased in favor of other white people. Everyone has a natural bias towards those to whom they relate.

Since America is the dominant demographic in the PPV industry, athletes in PPV sports cater to a white demographic and are therefore subject to this bias.

So white athletes, like Lance Armstrong, Brett Favre, GSP, and Chris Weidman, can become popular by being NICE GUYS. Because then white people will like them.
This is not true for everyone.

Floyd Mayweather once complained that when he was nice (early in his career), none of his American compatriots noticed him or supported him. THIS is why Floyd became a jerk.

Unfortunately, black American athletes will never be as popular was they otherwise could by being nice, because a white demographic just isn't inclined to support them.

Also consider Jon Jones.
When Jon became known for scandals, "cockiness", infidelity, and "fakeness", his PPV numbers went up. When Floyd became arrogant, rude, and offensive, the same thing happened.

Consider Demetrius Johnson.
He has no such reasons to be hated, so no one cares about him.

Tyron Woodley learned from their examples. He won't be a draw by being nice, and instead must make fans hate him. That's the real motive behind his race-baiting.

Conclusion:
The truth is, for a black American athlete, it's much easier to become a Muhammad Ali or Mayweather (bad guy) than to become a GSP or Weidman (good guy).

That's not an indictment on whites alone. It's just human nature to root for your own.
Dr-seuss-quotes.jpg

How about Larry Fitzgerald? He is a nice guy and people like him for that.

Also Troy Polamalu, Terry Crews, Magic Johnson, Will Smith, and several others.
There are exceptions to almost all generalizations.

Confirmed: Ronda and Conor are black (Ronda is actually part black but...)

Larry Fitzgerald is pretty boring

Louder talking WRs are more popular

Love Larry Fitz tho, top 10 all time
modern day Cris Carter,
debate me

Several athletes (Tyron Woodley, Demetrius Johnson, Floyd Mayweather) have claimed there is racism in sports, and honestly...
They're right.
iraqimage009.gif

White people aren't malicious towards black people. They're just biased in favor of other white people. Everyone has a natural bias towards those to whom they relate.

Since America is the dominant demographic in the PPV industry, athletes in PPV sports cater to a white demographic and are therefore subject to this bias.

So white athletes, like Lance Armstrong, Brett Favre, GSP, and Chris Weidman, can become popular by being NICE GUYS. Because then white people will like them.

Floyd Mayweather once complained that when he was nice (early in his career), none of his American compatriots noticed him or supported him. THIS is why Floyd became a jerk.

Unfortunately, black American athletes will never be as popular was they otherwise could by being nice, because a white demographic just isn't inclined to support them.

Also consider Jon Jones.
When Jon became known for scandals, "cockiness", infidelity, and "fakeness", his PPV numbers went up. When Floyd became arrogant, rude, and offensive, the same thing happened.

Tyron Woodley learned from their examples. He won't be a draw by being nice, and instead must make fans hate him. That's the real motive behind his race-baiting.

Conclusion:
The truth is, for a black American athlete, it's much easier to become a Muhammad Ali or Mayweather (bad guy) than to become a GSP or Weidman (good guy).

That's not an indictment on whites alone. It's just human nature to root for your own.

Dr-seuss-quotes.jpg
CONCLUSION
Y7uTkr6.png
this is the product you are selling.

They're right.
iraqimage009.gif

Also consider Jon Jones.

Conclusion:

Dr-seuss-quotes.jpg

Fuck off Luke Thomas...

Luke-Thomas-is-pissed.jpg

Take your divisive rants someplace else.

We like what we like.

It's not our fault we are put off by the prevalent thug/cool-to-be-ignorant/Poor-me culture that Tyron constantly spews about when he's triggered.

Not an athlete but Trump is overwhelmingly admired for being an ass.

First off, there are a ton of white people who are not only malicious towards blacks, they flat out hate them. And vice versa. But typically white hate comes with a level of condescension and superiority not found in black hate towards whites....that's typically just 250 years of pent up angst.

And I can cite numerous examples where your argument is well, too black and white (pardon the pun). There is a huge swath of nuance and grey area here.

For instance, if Rob Gronkowskii was black, and his last name was Muhammad, Black Gronkowski would generally be scorned and a bad guy. And certainly not getting multi-million dollar endorsement deals from Dunkin Donuts.

Black guys pounding alcohol and partying with white girls on a boat? Never acceptable.

First off, there are a ton of white people who are not only malicious towards blacks, they flat out hate them. And vice versa. But typically white hate comes with a level of condescension and superiority not found in black hate towards whites....that's typically just 250 years of pent up angst.

And I can cite numerous examples where your argument is well, too black and white (pardon the pun). There is a huge swath of nuance and grey area here.

For instance, if Rob Gronkowskii was black, and his last name was Muhammad, Black Gronkowski would generally be scorned and a bad guy.

Black guys partying with white girls on a boat? Never acceptable.
I thought my argument was pretty grey actually. I said there are exceptions to most generalizations.

"a ton of white people... are... malicious towards blacks [and] flat out hate them"?

When you say "a ton", what percentage of the population do you mean?
Also, where are you from? Some village in Alabama?

Been saying this for a while and debate it a lot. Race is a subconscious thing.

He also produces on the field and football is a team sport. It's different.
We like what we like.

It's not our fault we are put off by the prevalent thug/cool-to-be-ignorant/Poor-me culture that Tyron constantly spews about when he's triggered.
No one in sports is more ignorant than Conor McGregor except Mayweather. Been saying this since the Siver fight, Conor is stealing Mayweather's playbook. Difference is they're rooting for McGregor because he's white while Mayweather is called all types of names.

Been saying this for a while and debate it a lot. Race is a subconscious thing.

He also produces on the field and football is a team sport. It's different.

No one in sports is more ignorant than Conor McGregor except Mayweather. Been saying this since the Siver fight, Conor is stealing Mayweather's playbook. Difference is they're rooting for McGregor because he's white while Mayweather is called all types of names.

It's sad but true. Guys like JJ Watt and Gronk party like animals and no one bats an eye.

Beckham goes to the beach and he's called irresponsible. Newton gets shit for wearing outlandish outfits.

Interesting thesis.

There is also the aspect of people "loving to hate" fighters/entertainers, perhaps more than they love to love them. Look at pro-wrestling.

A goody goody face may get a decent pop from the kids but a heel who knows how to work the crowd can get an equal but opposite negative reaction. And if you translate that to PPV, possibly more people will tune in to watch a mega heel get his ass beat than to watch a face get yet another squeaky clean victory.

Except Canadians, we love us some GSP.

The majority of people are gonna root for who they look like, or have racial or cultural ties to. Personally, being a white dude, and I'll be 100 with you here.. If a white guy is fighting a brother I will 99% of the time root for the white guy to win, because we're the same. I also find a lot of times black athletes to be arrogant and/with chips on their shoulders, like Woodley, which throws a little more fuel on the fire of why I don't like them. Usually the black man does have athletic and/or reach advantages over other athletes, so being one that does root for the underdog, I most often times go with the other guy, have it be someone of a different race. That's my position.
You're entitled to root for whoever you like but I personally dont understand that view. If I am watching a random prelim fight between a black and a white I dont immediately think "i want the white dude to win hes the same as me". I dont give a shit who wins because I don't know either of them. I choose personality on who to root for. I wanted wonderboy to beat woodley because I think woodley is an asshole. If woodley and mcgregor ever fight then I want woodley to win because mcgregor is a bigger asshole in my opinion. I also dislike bisping so I want romero to beat him. When im watching ufc race doesnt even enter my thoughts i just enjoy the fights. Does anyone else share this mindset or are the majority of people here just rooting for their own race to succeed for that sole reason?

Back