The Truth About Fedor's Record

Mikey Palangio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Fedor fans want to call him the GOAT of Pride MMA and whatever, then they can. In fact, it is a very strong argument that can be made. However, he is not the GOAT of modern standardized MMA. Why?

(1) Pride MMA was fought in a ring with different rules. Making it a different sport from modern MMA which is fought in a cage with different rules.

You can't compare a field hockey player to an ice hockey player. The rules and the environment are the foundation of sports competition. If the foundation is different between two sports, then you can't interchange the two sports.

(2) The unified MMA rules were standardized on July 30, 2009, and Fedor fought his first official fight under these rules and in a cage on November 7, 2009 (Strikeforce: Fedor vs Rogers). So, that is when his modern MMA record starts.

(3) Based on these facts (not opinion), Fedor is 1-4 in a cage with unified rules. He had 5 official fights in a cage with unified rules, and lost 4 of them. Facts.

Jon Jones is the GOAT of Cage MMA with unified rules. Fedor is arguably a bum in this context. Comparing Fedor's Ring MMA under other rules record to Jon Jones' Cage MMA under unified rules record, is like comparing a field hockey player versus an ice hockey player. It makes no sense.

These are the facts people, I don't understand how the Fedor fanboys can possibly come to a different conclusion. The guy is 1-4 in Cage MMA with unified rules. HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA
Stop lying. You read the whole thing, and the facts are the facts. So now, you choose to be petty and cute.
I don't know, dude. I stopped reading early on, too.

I probably agree with your conclusion, but what I read sucked shit.

No offense.

Pride being fought in a ring without unified rules is a fact but choosing to only count Fedor's record in a cage was your choice ,and part of your argument that you use to support your opinion. MMA in a ring is by every definition MMA. That's why all those fights still appear on the official records. Just because you quote facts in your argument doesn't make your argument fact you silly goose.

In baseball every stadium has different dimension, one leaugue has DH, the other doesn't ... People still believe it's all the same sport. Even with home advantage and all that.

Visiting some careers in hindsight just doesn't cut it.

You had to be there, had to live through it, to understand the magnitude of what Fedor accomplished

Cro Cop and Minotauro are his only impressive wins....every time by decision

Jones, mm and GSP are ahead of him imo

Probably would've lost to arona under unified rules
pretty much for sure.
That fight sucked.
Fedor is overrated.
Arona is underknown.
Unified scoring is stupid, though, and neither guy showed dominance in that fight.

Probably would've lost to arona under unified rules
I am not dealing with what ifs. I am just dealing with truthful facts that are on record for all to see.

Fedor is 1-4 in a Cage under unified rules. His fans can call him the GOAT of Ring MMA, but he is not the GOAT of MMA as we know it today. Not with a 1-4 record.

i know,i know.You're right,
but
Fedor is a true GOAT

In baseball every stadium has different dimension, one leaugue has DH, the other doesn't ... People still believe it's all the same sport. Even with home advantage and all that.
You're wrong, the WEC sized cage is a different sport than the full sized cage! As are WMMA, MMMA (men's MMA), and MLMMA (manlet MMA).

Pride being fought in a ring without unified rules is a fact but choosing to only count Fedor's record in a cage was your choice ,and part of your argument that you use to support your opinion. MMA in a ring is by every definition MMA. That's why all those fights still appear on the official records. Just because you quote facts in your argument doesn't make your argument fact you silly goose.
I agree it was my choice to only count his cage record, but it is a choice based on facts and logic.
(1) Jon Jones has never fought in a ring under Pride rules, but both fighters have fought in a cage under unified rules. So, we have to account for these variables, or else it is just a silly "apples vs oranges" argument. If you like apples, be happy with your choice.

(2) Pride MMA and Modern (Cage) MMA are not the same sports. The rules and environment are different, and those are the foundation of sports competition. Like stated, it is kind of silly comparing a field hockey player to an ice hockey player.

(3) MMA is still a new sport and they need something in the record books. All the major sports with long histories have historical records, but we usually start judging players from the point that the sport was official standardized.

I didn't say my argument was fact you "silly goose." I looked at the facts and made a conclusion based on those facts. It doesn't mean my conclusion is the truth, but it is certainly closer to sound logic than the average Fedor fanboy's argument.

GOAT at can crushing and ducking the UFC.

Fedor is arguably a bum in this context...

the repeated (mis)use of "facts" would normally get a lot of people going, but you ruined the whole thing with that one over-the-top line. if you reign in the excessive stuff, you can trigger a larger audience, IMHO.

on the whole, not a terrible attempt - 3/10.

The stadium may have different dimensions, but the game is still played on a baseball field, not a cricket field. More importantly, the game is played with the same rules regardless of the dimensions of the stadium.

Stop being petty. HAHAHA

From Mirko Cro Cop to Zululinho...That should tell you all about PRIDE FC {<jordan}

The best day ever was when Hendo KOed Fedor. It was hilarious. Watching a middleweight make the "GOAT" go limp on his face was just so awesome. Sherdog has the lamest fans ever. Everyone at my house was so happy when Werdum slapped that triangle on ole tubby. I bet you people were crying, and making excuses right away.

Back