The Trenches, Episode 4: Sherdog Live Chat (Every Thursday at 8PM ET/5 PM PT)

Who is at fault for the brawl that took place at UFC 229?

• Total voters
Give us a fight breakdown of D.C. Vs Lewis. How can you see Lewis winning this fight. If he wins do you think Lewis could have some longevity as champion?

Do you watch Rizin and what do you think of the events they have?

The CroCop fight was great that recently happened in Rizin. What do you think of CroCop vs Fedor II if that were to ever happen?

will MMA fans be the new hooligans like soccer?

why are MMA fans such douchebags?

Why does MMA have such a douchebag culture with it?

Why is MMA all about being a "reality tv" show rather than just fights?

Why are MMA and WWE becoming so similar?

With the UFC's disinterest in punishing its fighters for wrongdoings -- even rewarding them for causing controversy -- how do you think incidents (brawls, stunts, attacks, slurs, etc) will escalate in the future?

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing tonight at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. They also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with today's poll question asking who is at fault for the brawl at UFC 229.

Chime in on the conversation by posting any combat sports questions you have for them in this thread.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members. Ant attended and covered UFC 229 for Sherdog.com, and recently penned an op-ed discussing his thoughts on the event.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

Select questions from this thread will be answered in the Ask Ant article, and additional questions from this thread may be used in the upcoming episode of live video chat series 'The Trenches,' hosted on the forum in this thread tonight, Thursday 10/11. Below are links to previous episodes of this series as well as Ant's previous 'Ask Ant' articles.

The Trenches, Episode 3
The Trenches, Episode 2
The Trenches, Episode 1: UFC 229 Presser

Ask Ant 10/5
Ask Ant 9/27
Ask Ant 9/21

Ask Ant 9/14

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Sup Ant, good to see you again bruv. Please give me your thoughts/analysis on the pure domination Khabib displayed before the world against Conor. Why didn't Conor's left end this fight like so many others in your opinion?

Yayy I got my question answered!

Honestly... if I was a politician... Ant's answer would sound to me like an argument for banning MMA outright. :D

(which it shouldn't of course)

EDIT: well maybe not so much after the Bell Center monologue.

Please try to explain the mentality of Tony Fergusson.

Can such madness even be explained?

Last edited:
Tony vs Khabib is the best match up ufc can put on skill wise of all time yes/no

edit#1 also what match up is the best skill wise of all time in your opinion

Last edited:
Great show, guys. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions, we had plenty more questions than we had time for but some more might be answered in the upcoming 'Ask Ant' article, so stay tuned.

Back