The Trenches, Episode 3: Sherdog Live Chat (LIVE after the Press Conference - 8 PM ET TONIGHT)

Is Conor in Khabib's head? Or is Khabib in Conor's? Or neither?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Sherdog Main Page writer Ant Walker and contributing editor Ben Duffy want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing tonight at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. Ant is attending the UFC 229 Press Conference live and will be here to tell us all about it. They also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with today's poll question asking if Conor is in Khabib's head or if Khabib is in Conor's head?

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members. Twitter: AntWalkerMMA

Sherdog contributing editor Ben Duffy came to mixed martial arts through a youth spent in amateur wrestling, but has also dabbled in such styles as judo and kempo and boasts quite the collection of white belts. He has been an obsessive consumer and chronicler of MMA since 2003. Twitter: benjaminduffy

Some questions from this week's Ask Ant thread may be answered in the live chat, and any questions you have in this thread may also be discussed on the video broadcast. The video will be available to watch after it concludes on the Official Sherdog Youtube channel.

Previous Trenches Episodes:
The Trenches, Episode 2

The Trenches, Episode 1: UFC 229 Presser

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Just subbed to the channel. Can't stay up as it's 11pm UK time and I need to wake up at 4am. Hopefully catch the next one.

Just subbed to the channel. Can't stay up as it's 11pm UK time and I need to wake up at 4am. Hopefully catch the next one.
Good thing about these broadcasts is that they we set them to automatically upload to the channel after it's over, so you can replay them any time.

Please feel free to ask questions for the guys to answer soon, including anything you want to know about the press conference.

Thanks guys for doing these.

How much do you think you can tell about a fighter from watching them during fight week? How much stock do you put in open workouts, press conferences and stare downs?

How ya doing Ant, Danny here. Nice to meet you sir. One question for ya....McGregor or Khabib. & how do you see this fight going/ending? Simple enough yeh :)

Last edited:
Another one actually, a lot of MMA fighters have stare downs as we all know. Is it just me or can you tell when an opponent fears the other opponent?
Or do you believe it's all for PR/Show? For example like when Conor stared down Aldo before their fight

Would you say the Irish outnumber the Americans at the press conference's sir?

Conor Mc is still not a proven champ in peoples eyes even after holding 2 belts and fighting floyd.

This is awesome @jei , I can see both of you btw

Yes. We can see Ben.

Nice shirt.:cool:

Random question, do either of you believe Israel Adesanya will be or has what it takes the next MW champion?

Last edited:
Rampage and Wanderlei's last fight was a good 1. Definitely want to see the saga end with a 5th fight!

Derrick Lewis giant status confirmed.

Did I miss it again? Just got out of deliberation... Short and simple. Do ya'll want to see Jones vs Cormier at Heavyweight for the belt and the last fight for DC?

Eyyyy, thank you Ant & Ben for answering one of my questions!

Back