The top muay thai gyms today | Page 2

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by jtwarwagon4life, Mar 11, 2017.

1. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Panpayak and co have been using the jitmuangnon name for as long as i can remember. A lot of the p.k saenchai fighters were bought though, they haven't been around that long from what I know.

2. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Yes there is. A lot of the super gyms best talent is bought like PK Saenchai, some of Petchyidee's definitely was or is bought, some of Paranchai's is, some of Sor.Jor.Vichitpadriew is. But there are still super gyms where they've produced most of their best fighters themselves: I think this is true for the most part of Sor Sommai and Jitmuangnon and Kiatmoo9 obviously (but I get the sense that Kiatmoo9 is not much of a gambler's gym).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  3. anorak Brown Belt

anorak
    Panpayak was already very good when he went to Jitmuangnon, although still young had had a lot of fights and was very highly regarded, was involved with Fairtex for a bit, his older half brother is Kompayak Fairtex

4. Sanchoy muay thai ownage

Sanchoy
    Dropping knowledge. Most young talents were at some point bought out by gym owners who have pull in the big stadiums, without being bought out the talented young talent will wither away at run down shows and fight subpar competition, resulting in a wasted career. Rarely would a nobody from a unknown gym, with very few ties to the gambling scheme/ promoters be allowed to compete in big stadiums.

5. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    good review, I didnt know yod was coming back. where can I read/video this information?

you forgot saenchai!

6. Thycidides Blue Belt

Thycidides
    I don't get it. Are these more kickboxing oriented than Mauy Thai ? How is this trolling?

7. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    he only named gyms that are acknowledged by the international mainstream that barely follows mt.

8. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    I actually laughed at that one.

9. Thycidides Blue Belt

Thycidides
    It would be cool someone familiar with the stadium circuit would post a weekly or bi monthly thread about top ranked fighters. The news/ results from Thailand thread doesn't give much context for the sport.

Tayski and UWanaPlayDaGame like this.
  10. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    It's harder to come up with objective rankings in muay thai given how often they fight, as well as the weight differences and what not. Sangmanee, Panpayak, Pet U Tong, Muangthai, Satanmuanglek, Pernkun, Rungnarai, Petpanomrung, Thanonchai and Superlek are some of the top fighters you should look into.

Tayski and UWanaPlayDaGame like this.
  11. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. Do you want someone, at the end of each month or two weeks or whatever, to do a round up of the most notable fight results during that period of time? Or do you want us to make rankings on a bi weekly/monthly basis?

The thailand thread mostly just covers the goings on of the very best fighters, we don't bring up the results of smaller shows or smaller name fighters that much. And pretty much nothing slips through the net, if any of thailand's top fighters is in action, we almost always bring it up.

12. Thycidides Blue Belt

Thycidides

Something similar to Sherdog's MMA rankings. A list of the top fighters, their recent fights and maybe something about their fight style or how they are unique.

You could make something like this thread but about a subject you actually like and respect.

13. BigPapaShango Green Belt

BigPapaShango
    Good shout with CSA, really like the fighters coming out of there at the moment. I seen Gaston is going to MMA now, would like to seem him stick around MT for a while longer.