The Top 20 World's Strongest Animal Bite Forces, Measured in PSI (NEW!)

Things elevated quickly once the crocs showed up

Bbbbonus
tyrannosaurus-rex-bite-power_49360_600x450.jpg

New research suggests the Tyrannosaurus Rex had a bite force of 12 to 15,000 pounds. And the megaladon would have been even more.

http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2012/02/29/new-research-into-tyrannosaurus-rex-bite-force.html

No Tasmanian Devil? Has a PSI of 802 ?

Nope, it's right at the bottom of the list under myths. It weighs 20 pounds and has a PSI of 200. But they have the strongest bite compared to their size, meaning their BFQ would be a lot higher.

Thanks guys.

The bears are fucked up. So I'm to believe that the smallest subspecies of genetically identical bears has the strongest bite? No way.

I wonder how deadly gorillas would be if they were as aggressive as chimps. What is a chimps bite force?

Not surprised that Alligators and Crocodiles are at the top, surprised that a Tiger has a stronger bite force than a Lion. Also didn't know Hyena's had such a strong bite

A cougar isn't a big cat?

Also Tazmanian Devil's have the p4p strongest jaws I've heard on a documentary.

And what bout the Orca?

Oh and Goriilas rule!!!!! Those damn dirty apes!

The Tasmanian Devil is #1, the Weasel is #2 and the Panda is #3.

The bears are fucked up. So I'm to believe that the smallest subspecies of genetically identical bears has the strongest bite? No way.

I'm not saying you're wrong per se, but, as we've seen in this thread, total size isn't always directly correlatable to bite pressure.

Sharks have the strongest bite among animals in class fish. The great whites PSI isn’t that big but it doesn’t necessarily need a strong bite force, because much of the damage inflicted by sharks is due to their teeth. Their teeth cut through the flesh of their prey like knife threw butter.

I told that damn knife to stop throwing butter around!

A cougar isn't a big cat?

Also Tazmanian Devil's have the p4p strongest jaws I've heard on a documentary.

Cougars are more closely related to house cats than lions, leopards tigers. They are just the biggest of the small cats.

The Hippo and the two tigers are the scariest animals on that list. Keep me far away from an angry hippo.

Yeah. Hippos are the bomb diggity. Hippos be havin those territorial wars with crocodiles. The crocs keep their distance cuz they know how those hippos get down.

Anyone see that special on Animal Planet I think it was, where that gay guy kept a Hyena in his Miami apartment?

Here it is. This foo crazy

Back