The Top 15 World's Most Homosexual Animals (NEW!)

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, another one of my threads.

This thread is just for giggles really, something completely different to have a look at, that you may find interesting; transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox actually inspired me to make this thread.

As I always state, this list isn’t going to be perfect, so I always encourage people to make their own top ten-twenty lists with their own research. This is the best I came up with, with my own knowledge and as you know, I am very involved with animals. Please do not take these lists so seriously and just enjoy them for what they are, considering they are just meant to be a bit of fun. With what I’ve studied over the years, I always want to show everyone my own research so it’s all in good nature.

Many animals show homosexual behaviors (goats, lions, ravens, bearded dragons, ducks etc.), but they didn’t make the list. These fifteen animals have the highest incidence of homosexual activities among all animals. Again, if you know of an animal you feel should have made the list, please share.

Now the term homosexual might be used a bit loosely here. Question is why do animals indulge in homosexuality? Well, it seems there are many reasons. In tribal animals, homosexuality sometimes takes on a social role - occupying unwanted males or bonding male members of the pack. Another reason is to show sign of dominance. In other species, the reasons are less clear.

The Top 15 World’s Most Homosexual Animals (Humans excluded)

15. Grey Whales
grey%20whales%20sammons%20lagoon.jpg

In “slip-and-slide” orgies, groups of male grey whales, one of the oldest species of mammals, roll in the ocean rubbing their bellies against each other so that their genitals are touching.

14. Uganda Kob
uganda-cob.jpg

The males are 100% straight but around 10% of the females are homosexual. The female kobs perform oral sex on each other and even stroke each other's vulvas with their forelegs, a couple of times an hour during mating season.

13. Dragonfly
the_last_dragonfly_1280x1024.jpg

Male homosexuality has been inferred in several species of dragonflies.

12. Western Gulls
Western-Gull-1-1024wallpaper768.jpg

Studies have shown that 10 to 15 percent of female western gulls in some populations in the wild exhibit homosexual behavior.

11. Guianan-C o c k-of-the-Rock
IMG_4284.JPG

40% of male Guianan-C o c k-of-the-Rocks engage in some form of homosexuality sexual activity.

10. King Penguin
Mating+King+Penguins5.jpg

Research shows around a fifth of all king penguin couples kept in captivity are gay.

9. Mallard Duck
Mallard-Drake.jpg

Mallards have rates of male-male sexual activity that are unusually high for birds, in some cases, as high as 19% of all pairs in a population.

8. Walrus
walrus.jpg

Until Male walruses reach sexual maturity at age four, they are most likely exclusively involved in same sex relationships. Adult male walruses are bisexual, mating with females during breeding season and copulating with other males the rest of the year.

7. American Bison
3472432-american-bison-grazing-along-the-road-in-elk-island-national-park.jpg

Courtship, mounting, and full anal penetration between bulls has been noted to occur among American Bison. It’s more common for homosexual mounting than heterosexual mounting, up to 55%. The main cause for male pairings is because most females only mate with the males once a year; this leads to males engaging in same sex activities several times a day.

6. Japanese Macaque
japanese-macaque_589_990x742.jpg

Same-sex relations are frequent. Females will form “consortships” characterized by affectionate social and sexual activities. In some troops up to one quarter of the females form such bonds, which vary in duration from a few days to a few weeks. Often, strong and lasting friendships result from such pairings. Males also have same-sex relations, typically with multiple partners of the same age.

5. Black Swan
blackswan.jpg

Almost a quarter of black swan families are parented by homosexual couples. This accounts up to 20% of male pairings annually. Male couples sometimes mate with a female just to have a baby. Once she lays the egg, they chase her away, hatch the egg, and raise a family on their own. Other times, male couples drive away heterosexual couples from their nests and adopt their egg.

4. Giraffe
03632-Masai-Giraffe.jpg

Scientists say that homosexual activity among giraffes is, in many cases, much more common than heterosexual activity. A male will neck with another before mounting him, this affectionate play can last longer than one hour.

3. Bottlenose Dolphin
42_90453cd3923c11faf9e29d84c6cac644.jpg

Bottlenose dolphins are probably known as the most hypersexual creatures among all animals. They’re not only attracted to other dolphins but other sea creatures like sea turtles and even humans. Male dolphin calves often form temporary sexual partnerships, which scientists believe help to establish lifelong bonds. Such sexual behavior has been documented only relatively recently. It’s been said, nearly, if not all adult male dolphins are bisexual. The gay activities of these mammals include oral sex during which time one dolphin stimulates the other with its snout.

2. Bonobo Monkey
lr-new-best-bonobo-pics58.jpg

Studies suggest 75 percent of bonobo sex is nonreproductive and that nearly all bonobos are bisexual. Incest sexual activity among these apes is also, very common.

1. Bat
bat_1280x1024_3005.jpg

Does the term, “you’re a batty” come from ‘bats’ homosexual behavior then or is that just a
coincidence? :). Bats are number one on the list because the incidence of homosexual activities in many species of bats is the highest among all animals, even higher than humans.

And an honorable mention:

New Mexico Whiptail Lizard

20090420174924.jpg

I could have easily put this at number one but I didn’t think it would be fair, due to the fact that this specie of lizard is an all female lizard. Research has shown that simulated mating behavior increases fertility. One female lies on top of another, playing the role of the male, the lizard that was on bottom has larger eggs. The lizards switch off this role each mating season.

Last edited:
dem some gay animals......

Lol the effort put forth into this is commendable

i'd hate to be the researcher that has to document and chronicle gay animals banging in the wild....

Awesome. Brilliant thread. People never realize how often gay animals happen. Homosexual penguin couples incubate and rear chicks when given an egg.

dont be gay Gabe...

8. Walrus
walrus.jpg

Until Male walruses reach sexual maturity at age four, they are most likely exclusively involved in same sex relationships. Adult male walruses are bisexual, mating with females during breeding season and copulating with other males the rest of the year.

Male walrus' can handle the riddum. :eek:

WalrusOosikSpecimen.jpg

I've fucked dudes in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

List fails without rabbits.

dont be gay Gabe...

:redface:

Also some of this isn't necessarily homosexual as it is dominance and practicing (at least that's what they tell each other). Others, like the dolphins, totally gay.

The king penguin it says in captivity is there much evidence of it in the wild?

:redface:

Also some of this isn't necessarily homosexual as it is dominance and practicing (at least that's what they tell each other). Others, like the dolphins, totally gay.

Kinda like jail.

Back