The time when John Danaher stole Joe Rogan's soul on his own podcast.

Grapplers almost always win street fights. MMA is a different story.

Grapplers lose most streetfights. If you watch one on one streetfights on youtube, more often than not, some gimp tries unsuccessfully to take the other guy down and fails. We don't recognise he is a grappler because he's too busy getting slapped silly on the feet. Watch fights more closely and you'll start to notice the takedown fails.

When a grappler does finally get someone down in a streetfight video, it's usually titled: "Grappler/BJJ/Wrestler kicks guys ass". So when you watch streetfighting videos, you end up thinking
grappling always wins. It doesn't.

Also, when a grappler does beat a guy in a streetfight, it's usually through wrestling and slams, then stomps, not BJJ and submissions.

Grapplers ALWAYS lose fights when there's more than one opponent involved.

He would make a great Bond villain. The mastermind that’s always ahead one step up until the very end. His signature would be different coloured long sleeve rash guards.

guy unironically wore a rash guard to a podcast and then unironically said "explosive kinetic dynamic energy" 49 times instead of "getting KO'd"

this guy is a hero in grappling???

"whats the first thing you do after getting into your car to drive away?"

"u start it"

"thats the obvious action but whats the physical action?"

"uh u turn the key?"

"you can turn many keys. i turn the key to the door in my house everyday. there is different ways to turn different keys."

literally would blow my brains out if i had to listen to this guy

7:14 he tells Joe 'correct' and arrogantly takes a sip of water. Camera cuts back to Joe who looks about ready to punch Danaher

Lmao nice catch, that was fucking brilliant

"Taking it to the ground stops quick explosive movement"

1v2fsdsobb101.gif

Cool story, breh

Raw power, but dat headbutt doe

<Deported1>

Clearly you haven’t seen the episode where Neil DeGrasse Tyson straightens him out on all the BS conspiracy stuff. Opened Joes eyes and altered hi perception in a very positive way. Rogan recently had Pat Miletich on his program and Miletich was full of tinfoil-hat wearing nonsense and Joe didn’t take the bait, pre-Tyson Rogan would have ate it up.
I've seen the Tyson episode more than once. That's what I'm referencing when I say he talks around experts. He spent large parts of the show throwing out ridiculous crap like the "astronaut walking in front of the flag"...he didn't admit that he was full of shit until later. Which is part of what makes Joe irritating. He's loud and insistent on his dumbest beliefs, then once he realizes he's wrong, he buries the issue or even acts like he never said it.

I disagree, he is very imprecise at many points. "What do you see?" for example is very non specific. "What bit am i looking at?" was Joe's response.

He's very clear and precise with his explanations, but comes across almost arrogant and dismissive with his non specific questions which he knows will illicit an 'I don't know' response.

It's like saying to someone: "What am i thinking?" then smiling arrogantly when they don't know.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I usually just tell the other person 'look just say what youre trying to say'

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I usually just tell the other person 'look just say what youre trying to say'

I always mirror back to them directionless questions, like "Where is the thing?" or "Why are there ones?" and "when is he?" and when they ask me to expand on what i mean, i tut and roll my eyes like they are retards.

Always hoist a man by his own petard.

Joe would pimp slap/marcelotine this professor x knockoff

Holy shit can you imagine? The universe would self combust in a self righteous explosion of arrogance, sanctimonious douche-baggery of epicly pompous proportions

"Nice punch there"
"Technically, that was a left hook, not a punch"
"Left hooks are colloquially refered to as punches"
"False. A punch is thrown at a more direct angle, with goal to cause structural damage to the frontal fascia of the facial structure."
"Incorrect and you couldn't be more wrong. I know what I'm talking about and that was a punch, I happened to have landed quite a few of them in my MMA career"
** Danaher creepily stares at Cruz**
"Tell me Dominick, at what point did this match's conclusion occur"
"It hasn't yet"
"False. it happened the moment that left hook almost connected with his opponent, you can clearly see the subtle twitch of his left eyebrow indicating his mental and emotional exhaustion and acceptance of defeat"

That actually makes them want to see them do commentary together.

Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast and breakdown.

I like his way of making you learn to look for something than just spoon feeding you shit.

Joe got pegged on that episode.

Danaher made him look like a mental midget.

I don't know, Danaher seems extremely tendentious in that one.

For example, his four stage breakdown of jitz leaves a lot out. After getting the takedown, for instance, you must first secure position, before trying to advance position, to avoid your opponent from getting back up. You don't immediately go from getting the takedown to improving position, unless you already have stabilized control.

Rogan got a verbal lesson about BJJ from start to finish...

I was surprised that he was actually that clueless in some cases...

Here is an oldschool Danaher with Renzo and Ryan:

Loved Danahers hair back then.

And he’s not smart just cause he basically whisper talks. If he sounded like Matt Serra no one would ever fall into his arrogant condescending shtick

Nobody can sound intellectually superior talking/sounding like Matt Serra :D

danaher clearly has bad social skills but his method of conversation isn't as bad as people think it is

im not saying hes on the level of socrates or plato by any means, but he absolutely does emulate that style of questioning, and only uneducated ignoramuses see it as "stealing his soul"

GSP talks about suit job 9-5 guys that train at Johns just straight wrapping him the fuck up like serial killer on the mats i seen in a video once. He sounds like a great instructor to learn from.

Back