The Time Is Now For More Weight Classes

TheKing

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
It's an idea that has been discussed before: Get rid of 170, ad 165, 175 and 195.

With all the the weight missing going on recently and the low ppv number, the time is right. Not only should it help with weight cutting by providing more options but I think it will create some interest in the crowning of new champions and seeing who goes where. They could even do tournaments. The only thing is what to do with Woodley and Covington. Give them first crack at their choice of 165 or 175, if they go the tournament route (and don't choose the same weightclass) they could get a free pass to the finals.

I was kind of on the fence about this idea originally, but realized I am more interested in the women's flyweight division than I expected. I'm looking forward to seeing who goes up, who drops down and how they match up.

image.jpg

The time is right for them to revert to 3 weight classes and get rid of WMMA

It will provide brand new opportunities for fighters to miss weight

Seperating weight by 10 pounds is redundant to me either cut weight or fight at your natural weight.. Simple get in shape and fight dont starve cause its easier.

Would be tomany belts and bragging bs i got 5 belts bla bla bla i couldnt follow it anymore

No.

Eliminate weight classes all together would be slightly less asinine than to add more.

I don't know if I would get rid of any weightclasses but they should have added more a long time ago. Some people think this would dilute the talent pool a bit but it's not true. There is lots of great fighters that are in the middle, too big for one weight class but too small for another. Some of these guys would make great champions at a weight where they were more comfortable.

Eliminate all weight classes, except for one. FranklinweightRich-Franklin.jpg

I'd like to see a 165 class added because of some really great fighters that seem to have a hard time consistently making weight at 155, but I think getting rid of 170 would piss off a lot of fans.

Back