The Swamp Draining Continues...

giphy.gif

Please don't derail my thread by being a stupid piece of shit. Thanks.

So it's not true?

Here is a source you will accept...

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/10/15/wiki-o15.html

giphy.gif

Please don't derail my thread by being a stupid piece of shit. Thanks.

this thread is already a stupid piece of shit, made by a stupid piece of shit. really hard to complain about derails

but hes on subject about "swamp draining"

this thread is already a stupid piece of shit, made by a stupid piece of shit. really hard to complain about derails
It's a perfectly reasonable thread. I presented my viewpoint, it's a sourced current event, and I defended my reasoning.

You're just a buttmad idiot who had to create his own safe space on fucking Sherdog. Kick rocks, pussy.

when this news broke in july it seems that this appointment was met with widespread support -- Mattis included:

"Rood’s selection will be met with broad support in the national security establishment and on Capitol Hill. He served as acting undersecretary of state for arms control at the end of the Bush administration. Before that, Rood was confirmed by the Senate as assistant secretary of state for international security and nonproliferation. He has also served in the Pentagon, on Capitol Hill for Sen. John Kyl (R-Ariz.) and spent 11 years as an analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency. He is currently a senior executive at Lockheed Martin."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...policy-chief/?utm_term=.3ae59635a063#comments

Again, he's got about 25 years in public office roles, 20 of those in defense department and related roles -- surely someone against this appointment can point to specific policy that he was apart of that shows signs of concerns.

It's not like they hired him for chief weapons purchaser

It's a perfectly reasonable thread. I presented my viewpoint, it's a sourced current event, and I defended my reasoning.

You're just a buttmad idiot who had to create his own safe space on fucking Sherdog. Kick rocks, pussy.

except then when someone else brought a counterpoint you asked them to stop and leave LMAO

except then when someone else brought a counterpoint you asked them to stop and leave LMAO
That wasn't a counterpoint. But...but...Obama/Hillary isn't a counterpoint. Do you like this appointment? I was under the impression that you hated W.'s foreign policy, and the MIC? Now that doesn't matter because, but Obama? You, and many other posters in here, are complete irredeemable hacks. No intellectual integrity of any kind, and limited intelligence to boot.

Stop trying to derail my thread. Thanks.

Sauce for the goose Mr. Thompson.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/...bama-aligns-big-business-smash-opposition-tpp

First he be all:

"And yet, 10 years after NAFTA passed, Senator Clinton said it was good for America," he continued. "Well, I don't think NAFTA has been good for America — and I never have." (Obama)

Many have since expressed a similar take. In a debate featured in the New York Times in 2013, economist Dean Baker argued that, in one sense, NAFTA did what it was supposed to do: It placed downward pressure on wages.

"After all," Baker noted, "one of the main purposes of the agreement was to make U.S. firms feel confident that they could locate operations in Mexico without having to fear that their factories could be nationalized or that Mexico would impose restrictions on repatriating profits."

Then he be like:

At least, that is the argument President Obama is making as he prepares for a final push to pressure lawmakers into backing the Trans-Pacific Partnership, an agreement that has been deemed "NAFTA on steroids" by critics who believe it will further erode labor conditions, harm the environment, and grant corporations unprecedented power.

<{natewhut}>

Neat, he put an expert on weapons and weapons manufacturing into that job

What kind of person did you want? A politician or """academic"""" who's ever worked in the industry?

Yeah, why bother with a sovereign high ranking military official when you can insert a MIC fat cat with glaring conflicts of interest in facilitating the usage of and demand for military equipment.

But he can run for president.

Indeed.

And we as a people should know the difference, we should have known the difference for a long time, and because of that the country suffers deeper depravities over the decades.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/...bama-aligns-big-business-smash-opposition-tpp

First he be all:

Then he be like:

<{natewhut}>

...it's still a deflection.

That's not to say that you don't raise significant points that are worth discussing. But they do little to address this particular appointment or the unprecedented level of corporate influence in government thanks to the current POTUS. Obama doing a few shit things doesn't excuse Donald doing exclusively shit things.

Yeah, why bother with a sovereign high ranking military official when you can insert a MIC fat cat with glaring conflicts of interest in facilitating the usage of and demand for military equipment.

------------------------------"A retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel"-------------------------------------------------

@HomerThompson you just don't have an understanding of what 'drain the swamp' means. It doesn't mean get rid of insiders moving in and out of Govt and Private business, using influence in both for self enrichment, and the enrichment of their cronies, it means get rid of the people I don't like, and bring in the people I do. Once you understand that, everything will be clear.

+++CRONY ALERT+++CRONY ALERT+++CRONY ALERT+++CRONY ALERT+++CRONY ALERT+++CRONY ALERT+++

@HomerSimpson add a tag to the title

First he be all:

Then he be like:

<{natewhut}>

And as you rail against globalization, and our trade agreements written by lobbyists, you defend the same revolving door, and MIC that helped lobby for Boeing, Raytheon, and Lockheed Martin to create their global supply chain, trading manufacturing jobs for weapons contracts, and putting downward pressure on wages.

FFS, instead of worrying about the patriotism of NFL players kneeling, why doesn't trump talk about the patriotism of Boeing threatening to move F-16 production to India?

Oh that's right, because trump is Millenburgers little bitch boy.

Last edited:
its a constant thing where these people think big business=evil, so if youve worked in big business you can never be trusted to work in a government role

the best and brightest are the ones that make it to the top, a goldman sachs or lockheed martin executive would probably go circles around any professor/analyst in their field. otherwise that professor/analyst would be making more money being an executive

i dont get the idea that every executive is evil scum and should never be trusted

Hey, I'm sure some child molesters are smart, but that doesn't mean I would let them babysit my kids.

What was "The Swamp"? Wasn't it in part the revolving door where lobbyists get government gigs and then go back to being lobbyists and then get another government gig?

Isn't that EXACTLY what happened here?

If that isn't "The Swamp" than what did "Drain the Swamp" mean?

Back