The Surge, Cyberpunkish "Souls" game

Don't want to buy Nioh though even though I love Team Ninja.

<mma1> It's Team Ninja's best game since Ninja Gaiden II. I don't play DOA games though. Definitely play it down the line! It's one of my picks for 2017 goty so far.

The targeted limb removal for gear mechanic is a really nice touch and heads popping off got me to add it to my Steam wishlist. Hope reviews and player feedback are good. I also hope by the end of the game you can become more machine than man, like a massive hulking robot killing machine with little human features showing. I want full armor dammit!

<mma1> It's Team Ninja's best game since Ninja Gaiden II. I don't play DOA games though. Definitely play it down the line! It's one of my picks for 2017 goty so far.

The targeted limb removal for gear mechanic is a really nice touch and heads popping off got me to add it to my Steam wishlist. Hope reviews and player feedback are good. I also hope by the end of the game you can become more machine than man, like a massive hulking robot killing machine with little human features showing. I want full armor dammit!

I will without a doubt get the game no question. Just have so much right now that I'm picking cheapest game first then onto the new ones.

@method115

i got something for you

towards the end, i tihnk there is a mission system and there is a story driven narrative

Very nice. I've always said that Dark Souls/Blood Borne with a decent story would be a huge step up for these games. Never understood why it was never done. I think Lords of the Fallen tried but I heard that game was trash and avoided it.

did you watch the last video? its cheap on cdkeys ;)

just throwing that out there

Very nice. I've always said that Dark Souls/Blood Borne with a decent story would be a huge step up for these games. Never understood why it was never done. I think Lords of the Fallen tried but I heard that game was trash and avoided it.

I really did not enjoy Lords of the Fallen at all. I heard someone refer to it as "ClunkSouls" which is a very apt way to describe it. In fact, it was the first game that I quit about 20% of the way through in about 15 years. Usually once I start a game I'll stick with it until I've finished it, but not Lords, just couldn't get into it at all. That's why I'm not very excited by The Surge, because it's from the same developers. I'll need to hear pretty much universal praise from Soulsbourne veterans before I give it a shot.

I really did not enjoy Lords of the Fallen at all. I heard someone refer to it as "ClunkSouls" which is a very apt way to describe it. In fact, it was the first game that I quit about 20% of the way through in about 15 years. Usually once I start a game I'll stick with it until I've finished it, but not Lords, just couldn't get into it at all. That's why I'm not very excited by The Surge, because it's from the same developers. I'll need to hear pretty much universal praise from Soulsbourne veterans before I give it a shot.

so far from the leaked gameplay a lot of people like it. The combat espically since it requires you to jump, slide and cut body parts off. And the guy playing it said its a little harder then nioh and bloodnorn

so far from the leaked gameplay a lot of people like it. The combat espically since it requires you to jump, slide and cut body parts off. And the guy playing it said its a little harder then nioh and bloodnorn

Well we'll see. My biggest problem with Lords was that it was bloody slow. It was like playing Darksouls in molasses. I also thought that it was pretty annoying fighting enemies with shields. For whatever reason enemy shield mechanics seemed a lot less fair that the Soulsbourne games.

Well we'll see. My biggest problem with Lords was that it was bloody slow. It was like playing Darksouls in molasses. I also thought that it was pretty annoying fighting enemies with shields. For whatever reason enemy shield mechanics seemed a lot less fair that the Soulsbourne games.

Well from what i've been seeing on streams you get 2 classes one of them is the fast more nimble class and the other is the slow and clunky. There are some neural enhancements that speed up movement. i'm keeping an eye on it, the only people who have been crying and bitching are stupid asses who only think souls and nioh are the only 3rd person action RPG's an dont like to try new things

I kind of liked, kind of hated LoTF until I got to one of those exploding enemies and no matter what happened, it'd crash the game. Said fuck it after that.

I think weighty melee combat has its place in games (For Honor has amazing combat mechanics) but unfortunately the Souls community is fucking insufferable in their complaints of anything deviates from what is expected. I'm glad Dark Souls is dead.

I kind of liked, kind of hated LoTF until I got to one of those exploding enemies and no matter what happened, it'd crash the game. Said fuck it after that.

I think weighty melee combat has its place in games (For Honor has amazing combat mechanics) but unfortunately the Souls community is fucking insufferable in their complaints of anything deviates from what is expected. I'm glad Dark Souls is dead.

well you can chose to be weaighty or speed freak. personally id like the speedy one, then again i also some some pretty crazy armour. im not sure how ill plan to do it, but i already ordered the game. if i have to stream for my sherbros i will

What do you mean Dark Souls is "dead"?

Wouldn't mind watching a stream or some Youtube uploads if you have the time GhostZ06.

What do you mean Dark Souls is "dead"?

Dead was probably a poor choice of words. I'm glad Dark Souls 3 is the end of the series because I'd like to see From Software branch out a bit more with their next ARPG. New settings, different mechanics, etc.

Having said that, if Bloodborne 2 gets announced at E3 I'll be pre-ordering as fast as I can.

Wouldn't mind watching a stream or some Youtube uploads if you have the time GhostZ06.

Dead was probably a poor choice of words. I'm glad Dark Souls 3 is the end of the series because I'd like to see From Software branch out a bit more with their next ARPG. New settings, different mechanics, etc.

Having said that, if Bloodborne 2 gets announced at E3 I'll be pre-ordering as fast as I can.

ill see what i can do... if i don't maybe i can get my homegirl to do it

BTW @ThulsaDooom if they do in fact announce BH2, im hoping it will be more like shadow tower the abyss. i want my enchanted elite knight armour an the ability to carry an SPAS shotgun with a sword.

yes you can do this

BTW @ThulsaDooom if they do in fact announce BH2, im hoping it will be more like shadow tower the abyss. i want my enchanted elite knight armour an the ability to carry an SPAS shotgun with a sword.

yes you can do this

Sounds cool. My first exposure to FromSoftware games was Demon's Souls so I have no idea about that, lol. There aren't enough gun + melee action games out.

Too bad that last Itagaki game....Devil's Third?...was such a piece of garbage and WiiU exclusive. Talk about sent to die.

Sounds cool. My first exposure to FromSoftware games was Demon's Souls so I have no idea about that, lol. There aren't enough gun + melee action games out.

Too bad that last Itagaki game....Devil's Third?...was such a piece of garbage and WiiU exclusive. Talk about sent to die.

look up shadow tower and shadow tower the abyss. its modern era mixed dark souls fantasy

And as for streaming the surge, let me know :)

a early rewview..

sounds like we might have a sleep here boys. From what he saids, starts off patting you on the back then at the 2nd zone it really starts to slap you like a little bitch

a early rewview..

sounds like we might have a sleep here boys. From what he saids, starts off patting you on the back then at the 2nd zone it really starts to slap you like a little bitch

Nice I like that they start it off easy.

Getting a little hyped for this game after watching a bunch of videos. Some potato quality video from a guy in Lebanon showed some mid game armor and your character looks like a fucking Transformer, lol. Super bulky and more machine than man. Awesome.

The sick bastard in me loves strategic limb removal in action games and I've been missing it since Ninja Gaiden 2 and Dead Space 1 & 2. It'd be nice to play another 60fps 1440p Soulslike game instead of having to sacrifice resolution for framerate.

Although, some guy on Neogaf who's reviewing the game said something about the middle of the game containing something awful. He's super vague about it because of review embargo but it could be another knucklehead not gettin' gud. Also, I loved "B tier" games like this from the previous generation of games and had a hell of a lot of fun with them then. Once upon a time, Demon's Souls was considered a B tier game, too.

Back