The Surge, Cyberpunkish "Souls" game

Watched DIstortion2s entire playthrough of this and it's not in the spirit of Souls. It tries but it's not. Hamstringing the player with clunky combat and shitty one shot attacks from bosses may be present in the Souls games but they pull it of much better than this lump of shit.

Thanks for disagreeing and then explaining why I'm right... in the spirit of infers that it's only a baseline idea from something else. Quality not guaranteed. The sad part to me was I had the same combat problem as LOTF in that heavy combat characters had no jump attack opener penalty so it was so easy to handle every normal mob like this. It trivialized the content.

Beat it this morning, overall had a good time with this game. A lot less rage inducing than other Soulsborne games since there were only 5 bosses and they were all fairly easy in comparison to other bosses in the genre. Was initially looking forward to starting a NG+, but now that I beat it not sure if I want to put in another run. Was definitely worth a play through.

Beat it this morning, overall had a good time with this game. A lot less rage inducing than other Soulsborne games since there were only 5 bosses and they were all fairly easy in comparison to other bosses in the genre. Was initially looking forward to starting a NG+, but now that I beat it not sure if I want to put in another run. Was definitely worth a play through.

iron mause armour?

What kind of build did you do? i did the backflip speedy build

iron mause armour?

What kind of build did you do? i did the backflip speedy build

I didn't care for the Mause armor, the 0 power core usage was nice but no elemental resistance was a downer. By the end of my first run I was using Mk. V Gorgon set for the stamina perk and I was pretty happy. I had more than enough points to put all my mods in with some left over. I

went 1-Hand and bounced back and forth between Parcival V2.0 and the MG Centurion. I made the mistake fighting the last boss in cutting off an appendage and ended up getting the Claws when I wanted the Mimetic for my NG+ run. I felt the Twin Rigged weapons combo animation was to long and left me exposed. I've read that the Patchwork Zombies will carry the Mimetic in NG+, so hopping I can still grab it soon. Made it to the P.A.X. and got to greedy in my first run before I turned it off. Killed all the Patchwork Zombies in the first area, so hoping to find one early in the next area and reload my game until he has the Mimetic.

IDK, found it to be clunky and boring, ill take souls game over this anyday tbh

This is a PS+ game now but looks so uninteresting and lifeless, like some Ratchet and Clank Transformers Souls, lol. But it reminded me a bit of Metal Gear Rising and made me wish Yoji Shinkawa designed metal gear solid cyborgs, geckos and metal gears had their own souls like game instead. I know there’s 0 change for this to ever happen though.

Anyway, is this game any good?

I enjoyed the game. Things get a little repetitive but other than that a good game.

Game is pretty good during the levels. This company couldn't design a good boss if their life depended on it though. Genuinely Lords of the Fallen and now The Surge; game has been ruined for my due to bosses.

Gimmicky crap that play nothing like the game design teaches you.

lol did you betray us russian?
Yes, I have fully embraced the gifts of Chaos.
I made a whole playthrough of Horizon zero dawn while continuously promising to play escape from tarkov with you.

Actually my PC table was constantly occupied by my wife and her embroidery stuff so I played PS4 instead.

Back