thegrapplingdum

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A lot of figthers try to throw in some fancy kicks or even not so necessary
movements for the entertainment of the fans but that didnt happen with fedor

he kept things simple and that is what made him so good
his style was genius

he really worked on developing some very heavy hands and good boxing,this in itself was already a huge plus since good hands and boxing win fights

he didnt try to stay away from his judo/sambo styled throws and takedowns and clinch work,he adapted this into mma perfectly,he didnt limit himself to the good old double and single but we can see in many of his figths him showing great judo and great sambo,anything from pick up throws to inside trips

fedor could throw a kick,but he only did it in the ideal situation and with the perfect timing,he knew the danger of getting taken down so he always waited for the right time and his defense against them was great as well

he always stayed active in his guard,he had a very offensive and agressive guard that at times won him fights,he didnt stale and waited 4 minutes to get into a better position but rather took a different approach,you are either working on something or you are trying to get up

i know a LOT of people here could explain his style and why it worked so well 10 times better then me but what i am trying to say is that the reason fedor had so much success was because he cut the crap and straight up went for what worked when it came to hand to hand combat

no matter what you did you would be done for,if you tried to stand with him you were problably going to get knocked out and if you did infact had better standup he could still find a way to take you down or tear your arm apart

even with his training he kept things simple,he wasnt the most muscular or even strongest figther but all of his training was directed in specific to fighting

[YT]f0h9U4murAQ[/YT]

He was the only HW who was fighting with MMA all the time, not like the others who were just in pure striking mode on the feet and pure grappling mode on the ground.

He came at his opponents with everything, fought from all ranges, when he wanted you to back up he got you backing up, he always defended himself well from every position and had great technique everywhere.

Plus he had a tremendous size advantage with his style. Being smaller, quicker and more agile helped make that unpredictability and ability to fight from all ranges even more effective against bigger guys.

Fedor had a good well rounded style Vs the less dynamic fighters that existed during his run.

LOL @ the randleplex finding it's way on to Fedor's highlight reel all the time.

joanna reallly reminded me tonight of a prime fedor in his youth

LOL @ the randleplex finding it's way on to Fedor's highlight reel all the time.

Funnily enough, I think that greatly helped build his legend even more. The way he not only recovered immediately, but quickly finished the fight soon afterwards.

Fedor had a good well rounded style Vs the less dynamic fighters that existed during his run.

yes i know but i liked how he stayed true to his fighting roots he made good use of his sambo backround and even his judo backround,everything he did was done for maxium efectiveness

you would never see him throw spinning kicks,not even a spinning backfist
since he knew for a second you would have to give your back

even when he knocked out andrei,he waited for the right time
everytime you jump you lose all of your support which means it takes very little to
make you fall to the ground or in this case knock you out cold
a lot of figthers in that case would have tried to block or go for a takedown but he didnt

he knew what worked and what didnt worked and didnt take chances
with what he possibly thought was not necessary,you got to respect that mindset

who cares lmao

ufc discussion

This.

Here is a good formula for you tho: Fyador's slightly enhanced skills + low tier fighters + organization that is known to fix fights = long reign of dominance.

fedor won with speed and aggression

he attacked first and if you countered, he countered your counter. then he continued to attack until he broke his opponents

fedor won with speed and aggression

he attacked first and if you countered, he countered your counter. then he continued to attack until he broke his opponents

didn't work with Werdum tho

I am very happy to see that Fedor is getting respect again.
For a while the Fedor bashing was pretty bad with Dana as the ringleader.

Mostly all the profighters still talked about Fedor with respect and praised him, while sherdog tried to diminish everything he ever did.

Now people are relaxing more and willing to aknowledge the MMA legends talent again

Nope, being far more well rounded than competitors of his time did.

Nothing like a Fedor highlight vid to make my day.

True. And among other things, he was among the most hyper-aggressive fighters we have ever seen. He always went for the kill.

He was very well rounded in each area, with a great defense but what made him special were his transitions ( best in MMA imo ), his aggressivness/relentlessness and his speed/power/physical abilities that he put well on his style's service..

A lot of figthers try to throw in some fancy kicks or even not so necessary
movements for the entertainment of the fans but that didnt happen with fedor

he kept things simple and that is what made him so good
his style was genius

he really worked on developing some very heavy hands and good boxing,this in itself was already a huge plus since good hands and boxing win fights

he didnt try to stay away from his judo/sambo styled throws and takedowns and clinch work,he adapted this into mma perfectly,he didnt limit himself to the good old double and single but we can see in many of his figths him showing great judo and great sambo,anything from pick up throws to inside trips

fedor could throw a kick,but he only did it in the ideal situation and with the perfect timing,he knew the danger of getting taken down so he always waited for the right time and his defense against them was great as well

he always stayed active in his guard,he had a very offensive and agressive guard that at times won him fights,he didnt stale and waited 4 minutes to get into a better position but rather took a different approach,you are either working on something or you are trying to get up

i know a LOT of people here could explain his style and why it worked so well 10 times better then me but what i am trying to say is that the reason fedor had so much success was because he cut the crap and straight up went for what worked when it came to hand to hand combat

no matter what you did you would be done for,if you tried to stand with him you were problably going to get knocked out and if you did infact had better standup he could still find a way to take you down or tear your arm apart

even with his training he kept things simple,he wasnt the most muscular or even strongest figther but all of his training was directed in specific to fighting

[YT]f0h9U4murAQ[/YT]

Well said.

he wasnt the most muscular or even strongest figther but all of his training was directed in specific to fighting
I don't really agree with this all.

Fedor's athleticism is what won him many fights. Both his fights against Nogueira, for example, he won through athleticism. Every time Nog attempted a submission, Fedor brushed it aside with speed and strength. Technique was rarely the factor.

Fedor's huge advantage against most of his opponents was also that he was faster than them on the feet. Couple that with power and you've got a good recipe for a knock out.

This.

Here is a good formula for you tho: Fyador's slightly enhanced skills + low tier fighters + organization that is known to fix fights = long reign of dominance.

I can see people complaining about it being the wrong board, but you're just being an ass.

I am very happy to see that Fedor is getting respect again.
For a while the Fedor bashing was pretty bad with Dana as the ringleader.

Mostly all the profighters still talked about Fedor with respect and praised him, while sherdog tried to diminish everything he ever did.

Now people are relaxing more and willing to aknowledge the MMA legends talent again

Yeah, Fedor haters sh*t on Fedor so much that I didn't get the time to put other legends' haters in their place too:)

I finally had some time to back other legend getting sh*t from ungrateful MMA fans.

Back