The Strain v.2: Why Won't You Die, Zach Edition (Series Finale)

I didn't buy the ending either, they didn't plant any seed of that in zach. I watched the whole series, but was not enthusiastic about it after the first season. Didn't really like any of the characters.

Disappointed to say the least

And why is everyone complaining?

Zach died.

{<jordan}<{MingNope}>bork1}<{Heymansnicker}><36>

He got to die a hero, not cool. Should've met Quinlan's sword instead.

I wish the writers would troll all the Zack haters if they reveal in the epilogue that the world knew that Zack was the one who killed the Master. And so there's a big memorial statue of Zack in New York City.

<{anton}>

Lol.

I wish the writers would troll all the Zack haters if they reveal in the epilogue that the world knew that Zack was the one who killed the Master. And so there's a big memorial statue of Zack in New York City.

<{anton}>

If that happened...

giphy.gif

I would riot.

I thought the exact same thing.
Dont they just have NY, or Manhattan?
Where's the rest of the world at?

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but I think the partnership was in other cities of the US. At the start of the season Eph was in Philadelphia and they had Partnership centers there.

Also, I remember hear them say that the blast in Mew York started a war that caused nuclear explosions in other countries (I'm not 100% sure though).

On a side note, disappointed in the fight between Quinlan and The Master. He was 2000 years waiting for that final showdown, and pretty much looked like Silva vs Griffin. Should've at least made it more competitive even if it came at the cost of Zach being Zach and getting in the middle.

Last edited:
Also is the Partnership world wide? Are there any sovereign nations left? If not, how they all get destroyed?

The master had been planning this for decades/a century. He used our own personal wants/needs/greed against us. Remember back in the 1st season when Sean Astins' character cleared the van that the master was in? If he did that, then his wife could get into an experimental cancer study.

Eichorst used the weak to get the master to where the master wanted to be.

Once the first nuke went off, the rest of the world that had grudges against each other popped theirs off. India Vs. Pakistan, North Korea Vs. South Korea. The master didn't want to wipe out humanity, he wanted humanity weakened so that he farm our blood.

Also, the master had been shipping Strigoi all over the world in shipping containers/rail/trucks. Once the nukes started flying, they just went hard in the paint.

The ending felt incomplete, but the entire final season did due to dropping the religious aspect of the story that was in the book and comics. The introduction of The Lumen seemed to be going in that direction, but I feel they cut the series short and didn't get to do what they originally wanted. Would have been cool seeing The Master vaporized in the final blast, but the budget for the season may have been cut short, bridge destruction scene used a lot of that up.
I enjoyed the series though. It may not have lived up to its' promise (much like The Walking Dead), but it was entertaining.

Last edited:
Zach is such a bad actor. "But he's my father" That part was so cringy

ive never weighed in with my thought on the series on here but i did watch it from the beginning. i really disliked how rushed this final season was. it felt like reading several big chapters of a book then the last chapter came and they decided to tell it in 3 paragraphs.

i liked the series as a whole though. campy but i liked it.

I thought overall the show was good, the last season was a little short and I didnt care for the old man being the master. I wanted him big and gruesome like the first season. Eichorst was easily the best thing about the show and kept me watching. I liked getting more quinlan back story. The kid actor was perfect in that you truly hated him, i think thats what the show was going for. Once Zack actually saw what was going down with everyone dying, I knew he'd be the one to kill the master. I wish the finale had a little more but it may have helped to run the last 2 episodes together to give a tighter narrative. Good show overall.

Back