The Strain v.2: Why Won't You Die, Zach Edition (Series Finale)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 21, 2016

First Look at THE STRAIN Season 3, Premiering August 28

The transformation has begun. It can no longer be denied -- New York City is rapidly falling to an evil epidemic, and no one is coming to its rescue. Its citizens must fight or die. Dr. Ephraim Goodweather and his unlikely allies need to find a way to defeat the embodiment of this evil -- the Master -- before the infection spreads too far and becomes irreparable ... before they become monsters themselves. The Strain season 3 premieres on August 28 at FX.

Update: June 21, 2016

Official Trailer for FX's THE STRAIN Season 3

As season three begins, New York City is a battleground. Written off by the federal government, the people of New York City must fight for survival on their own. The question is who will win? Humans or strigoi? Our heroes win victories, but are not winning the war. Beset by personal conflicts – betrayal, disappointment, paranoia – our group is splintering… Meanwhile, the Master is close to executing an irreversible transformation of the world. Is there still hope to save the city and humanity?

THE-STRAIN-Season-3-Poster.jpg

THE-STRAIN-Season-3-Poster-1.jpg

Good episode. This showed this show would be enjoyable if it was faster paced like this and not bogged down with slow unimportant sub plots. The confrontation with the german and quinlan was kind of done goofy though.

Why would Nora stop killing Zack's vampire mom just because he yelled stop? That wouldn't fucking happen. I can excuse them for making Zack the stupidest kid on the planet because he's such a fucking mama's boy. But when she's about to cut her head off, she just stops because Zack says so? No. I'm sorry. Nobody would do that.

The show is already super corny. Now they got rid of the only solid piece of ass on the show (don't say Dutch is hot, she's disgusting). So I don't really care to watch it any more.

Why would Nora stop killing Zack's vampire mom just because he yelled stop? That wouldn't fucking happen. I can excuse them for making Zack the stupidest kid on the planet because he's such a fucking mama's boy. But when she's about to cut her head off, she just stops because Zack says so? No. I'm sorry. Nobody would do that.

The show is already super corny. Now they got rid of the only solid piece of ass on the show (don't say Dutch is hot, she's disgusting). So I don't really care to watch it any more.

I can't. He just stands there watching his mom kill someone who's been trying to protect him and then he fucking walks off with her anyway. The writing on this show is just terrible-- on top of the whole bit you mentioned with Nora not killing Kelly just because that little shit said 'stop', no human being would behave like this barring some serious mental health issues.

speaking of characters behaving oddly quinlan not realizing the book could be used as bait was rather funny too given that hes supposed to be an old wise warrior and what not

I can't. He just stands there watching his mom kill someone who's been trying to protect him and then he fucking walks off with her anyway. The writing on this show is just terrible-- on top of the whole bit you mentioned with Nora not killing Kelly just because that little shit said 'stop', no human being would behave like this barring some serious mental health issues.

You've obviously never met a real mama's boy. They're fucking reprehensible.

You've obviously never met a real mama's boy. They're fucking reprehensible.

Apparently not. I can get being a mama's boy, but walking off with someone after you already know they're a monster and you've seen them kill someone is where I draw the line from mommy issues to straight up mental retardation.

Apparently not. I can get being a mama's boy, but walking off with someone after you already know they're a monster and you've seen them kill someone is where I draw the line from mommy issues to straight up mental retardation.

A mama's boy would do this. They're often infantilized by their mothers, making them totally dependent on them so that it seems they can do nothing without their mom.

The narra at the end was done well.

The kid really needs to be killed off. That subway tunnel scene probably had 99% of the viewers wishing he died instead of her.

The narra at the end was done well.

The kid really needs to be killed off. That subway tunnel scene probably had 99% of the viewers wishing he died instead of her.

More like 100%. Even that kid's family was probably hoping he died.

Yeah, fuck Zack. Now there's no more eye candy.

I was actually disappointed with the finale, but overall I liked season 2.

I really got rustled over that ending. Fuck Zack

Not a fan of this finale tbh.

No more Nora, no more Coco, and didn't even get to see a showdown between Quinlan and Eichhorst.

As for Zack....sigh...

I think production kinda told us "You really thought you got rid of annoying Zack because of a couple of episodes? Get ready, the best is yet to come..."

I can't believe Zack got Nora killed. She was the only ass on that show. I feel like Ephraim is going to go through all the things Abraham did with the master. Losing everyone, becoming obsessed, etc.

Didn't even realize it was the finale. All in all this season felt very dragged out to me. Mainly because of the ridiculous plot armor the main characters have.

And fucking Zack. That kid drags the show down.

They better bring in some new eye candy in the new season too. Dutch doesn't do it for me.

Damnit Zack, why did you have to go and permanently ruin your healing reputation. I was actually glad that CoCo ended up like that, she was pushing her luck big time. A solid ending and unlike Fear The Walking Dead's finale, the death here was a big surprise.

Hopefully they expose more about Quinlans upbringing in the next season.

Too bad Gus didnt die, in fact im dreading we will see more of the vatos homos in the next season.

Back