The start of Groovy's run~

giphy.gif
Im lettin´! Eat, Biatch!

street_trash_hit.gif

Isn't he only 1-4-1 in the UFC?
granted the one win was a good KO.
But Vannata hasn't looked great other than that.
<{1-8}>

After a shocking debut rocking a top contender in Tony Fergusen... & then getting KO of the year 2016... Groovy looked to be on a roll. Though he kept getting FOTN performances that kept his fans excited to see him... he then dropped 3 razor close decisions in a row to now stand humbly cocked & loaded to begin his run in the UFC.

Frevola is young & wild. I love his spirit... but he learned real quick that you can't fight like that in the big leagues when he got exposed by Reyes who saw through his sloppy barrage of haymakers & put him to sleep. I predict Groovy will further his education in this matter.

sLyyD1x.jpg

"There are levels to this game... & he's not there." - Groovy

Cliffs
  • (1:42) Working with a sports psychologist. Was coming off of the lowest point of his life during the Klose fight... & never got into a state of flow, & never got into the zone. Feelz like it's all mental & so he's working it out. He made a lot of changes with a different Gym, & different coaches.
  • (3:05) I think there's levels to this game & I don't think he's on that level.
  • (3:20) The gym is still local... & was/is owned by Jackson before & after the merger with Jackson/Wink & though it's a public gym... it soundz like groovy had his own space to bring in his own people in his camp was all about him in there without the distractions of the bigger Jackson/Wink gym. No yes men... we watch tape from practice & they get on my ass about it.
  • (4:24) Weight cut is great... even better than last time. I'm under John Poppi who's certified with Lockhart & I got them for the last month & a half all the way up to & through weigh ins
  • (5:38) corner will be Greg Jackson, Harry st. Ledger, & Nick Erso
  • (6:20) How the fight will go. I see it going a lot of different ways, but ultimately just outclassing him everywhere.
  • (6:46) If I come out unscathed & healthy... I'd like to fight on the December 8th Toronto card.

Frevola seemz like a nice guy in this interview & claims he's going to bring it.

(also talks about Groovy fight at 7:32 for a bit before talking about the Conor/Khabib fight)

He says "you don't miss a steamroller fight & that's what I'm going to do." He says he's going to bring it & be a bully in there... & that's exactly what we need... someone to engage a groovy who sayz he's back to throwing down. Hopefully Frevola doesn't use the same fence & ground stalling techniques as Klose... Klose was talking that talk too but he ended up "stall fighting." That said, I'm sure Groovy will have a better answer this time if he does. You don't just get stalled out like that without working on it in the gym.

200.gif

Who is he fighting next anyway?

Try the OP... there's a 25 minute video of the brother.

I love groovy threads. They actually make the platinum train more legit by comparison.

Is this the guy who lost to Drakkar Noir Klose? This "Lando" obsession is old by now

Back