The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last episode sucked. In a mirror universe. Fuck you. A classic Star Trek ploy that is very old.

Last episode sucked. In a mirror universe. Fuck you. A classic Star Trek ploy that is very old.
It was clear they have been going towards the mirror universe all season. It will be interesting to see how the Mirror Discovery is going to affect stuff in the prime universe. I'm guessing Michelle Yeoh will be the mirror emperor(perhaps a decedent of Empress Hoshi Sato). Also be curious to see how Lorca plays into this, is he actually from the mirror universe, or just trying to get something from it to win the war.

I do like how they are actually taking a lot of lore and canon from enterprise. Those ENT mirror episodes from season 4 aboard the USS Defiant were great.

This episode was also directed by none other than Jonathan Frakes, aka Will Riker, aka Number one

tenor.gif

It was clear they have been going towards the mirror universe all season. It will be interesting to see how the Mirror Discovery is going to affect stuff in the prime universe. I'm guessing Michelle Yeoh will be the mirror emperor(perhaps a decedent of Empress Hoshi Sato). Also be curious to see how Lorca plays into this, is he actually from the mirror universe, or just trying to get something from it to win the war.

I do like how they are actually taking a lot of lore and canon from enterprise. Those ENT mirror episodes from season 4 aboard the USS Defiant were great.

This episode was also directed by none other than Jonathan Frakes, aka Will Riker, aka Number one

tenor.gif

I don't like that shit. Similar reason why I hate the New Stars. Same story every time.

The idea of the half human half alien struggling to find their way in both worlds has gotten old. Spock was first. Then Worf and Data. I know Worf is full Klingon and this new girl is full human but they are going through the same struggle of adapting to different cultures. I like the show overall. DS9 is my favorite series and I didnt like the mirror universe there either.

The idea of the universe being made of spores is a cool idea. Star Trek always has good writing. Context is for kings. Love that line.

I don't like that shit. Similar reason why I hate the New Stars. Same story every time.

The idea of the half human half alien struggling to find their way in both worlds has gotten old. Spock was first. Then Worf and Data. I know Worf is full Klingon and this new girl is full human but they are going through the same struggle of adapting to different cultures. I like the show overall. DS9 is my favorite series and I didnt like the mirror universe there either.

The idea of the universe being made of spores is a cool idea. Star Trek always has good writing. Context is for kings. Love that line.
I do like how the spore system explains how the universes are connected. It seems like as the season goes they are making a lot less out of Burnham being "raised by Vulcans". I was worried at the start we would get a Season one of TNG Data type character(Inquiry Captain; define Irony), but she has developed as the season has progressed

This week we will see some more classic star trek aliens, while in the mirror universe.

Here's the Andorians

Really like the Tellarite. They just looked super goofy in TOS.

Really like the Tellarite. They just looked super goofy in TOS.
I like them both. The only tellerite we ever saw were really diplomats and politicians, so this looks like a gritty solider man pig. Andorians will hopefully keep the Enterprise moving antenna.

Ok Discovery has by far the best first season of any trek series. Awesome episode, a lot of theory's were confirmed, but they still pulled them off in a shocking and meaningful ways.

lol@ the toilet brush class

these klingon ships suck

explain the toilet brush....
I honestly can't say I have seen most of those. I think most of the Federation Hero ships like the Shen Zhou, Discovery, Europa ect... have all been great. A lot of these random ships are mostly throw aways.

So this week we get the confirmation, many have suspected, Lorca is from the Mirror universe. Another good episode, as we near the end of season 1. One thing to note, this was the shortest episode of Star Trek ever, at 37min.

Damn this season is crazy. RIP......

Was Trek always such an SJW fest?

Why is she helping the evil Asian chick who Fed her bits of another race just last episode? You know the woman who literally blew up a load of refugees only 2 episodes ago?

Lorca was the only good thing on this show

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back