The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that every show since Voyager has been worse than Voyager which was no good
Enterprise and So far Discovery are way better than Voyager. Voyager got better after season 3, but still it just ha way too many terrible episodes.

Now Data really was pokering with 3 dead scientists.

Too Soong.

Get it......

Too Soong

latest

Enterprise and So far Discovery are way better than Voyager. Voyager got better after season 3, but still it just ha way too many terrible episodes.
id say it took a season before Voyager redeemed itself. the doc is top 5 GOAT star trek character. Janeway was also an outstanding parallel to picard.

id say it took a season before Voyager redeemed itself. the doc is top 5 GOAT star trek character. Janeway was also an outstanding parallel to picard.
Yeah the Doctor is one of the great trek characters. 7of9 was pretty damn good aswell, and quite easy on the eyes. I loved when they would make Chakotay interesting, or explore the whole Maquis narrative, but they just largely ignored it. He was one of the most efficient and resourceful commanders we have seen, but they switch from boring XO, to zhen super shaman, to pure terrorist, but they would never stick with a gimmick for him. Voyager for me got pretty good with Scorpion. When they took chances and followed story arcs they cold be great, but they were few and far between.

Speaking of Voyager, I've often wondered how things would've been different if the Enterprise-E had been sent across the galaxy instead of Voyager. (We'll say Ent. E from Nemesis (or immediately after its retrofit post-Nemesis), but with its core crew: Picard, Riker, Data, Geordi, Troi, Beverly, Worf, Wesley, O'Brien, etc, etc).

#1: Does Picard destroy that station like Janeway did, or does he use it to get home?

#2: Assuming the station (I think it was called Caretaker, or something) is destroyed and they are unable to use it to get back, what does Picard do when Data tells him how far away they are and how long it'll take to get back?

#3: How does the Enterprise-E (ship and crew) handle the journey (vs how Voyager ship and crew handled it)?

(The first time I ever saw this ship I didn't like it, but now it's grown on me to the point that I'd say it's easily my favorite on-screen Federation ship in ST)
137f.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of Voyager, I've often wondered how things would've been different if the Enterprise-E had been sent across the galaxy instead of Voyager. (We'll say Ent. E from Nemesis (or immediately after its retrofit post-Nemesis), but with its core crew: Picard, Riker, Data, Geordi, Troi, Beverly, Worf, Wesley, O'Brien, etc, etc).

#1: Does Picard destroy that station like Janeway did, or does he use it to get home?

#2: Assuming the station (I think it was called Caretaker, or something) is destroyed and they are unable to use it to get back, what does Picard do when Data tells him how far away they are and how long it'll take to get back?

#3: How does the Enterprise-E (ship and crew) handle the journey (vs how Voyager ship and crew handled it)?

(The first time I ever saw this ship I didn't like it, but now it's grown on me to the point that I'd say it's easily my favorite on-screen Federation ship in ST)
137f.jpg

They would be back within a week. They would beat Q at a board game and he would zap them back. Or option B, Wesley would return with the Traveler, and speed them home.

Yeah, I'm sure they could beat Q at a game or in some sort of a competition and he'd send them home. And the Traveler could do it too, no doubt. But I still wonder how it'd go down if Q and the Traveler never got involved. The Ent-E is vastly better that Voyager in literally every single category, as a ship and as a crew, so this is a scenario I love to ponder.

137f.jpg

Wouldn’t the Prime Directive mandate not getting involved and therefore not destroying the Caretaker’s array?

I finally finished Discovery. It was much better than I thought it was going to be, threw me for a couple unexpected twists too.
I loved how the Lorca we got to know was from the mirror verse

The production values constantly blew me away and I like how they weren't afraid to kill off characters and take come chances. So much of this show goes against Star Trek canon, but their ship being so secret, allows for a section 31 (should they introduce that) thing to explain things that later generations never knew about. However, I don't see how they can explain Spock's half sister...

Speaking of Michael Burnham, she's the worst part of the show, and a big reason why it suffers at times. If you're going to make a singular character the focus of much of the show, they better compelling and well acted, she's neither.

Every time I hear her called Michael, it pulls me out of my suspension of disbelief, not to mention her overly emotional responses. She even gets ghetto at one point lol, though perhaps we can chalk spotty acting up to growing pains. Every Star Trek show started slowly IMO, except the OG after Pike. I gotta say though Michael's character/acting got worse as the season wore on, while everyone else improved.

I'm glad we eventually found out why Lorca wanted her so badly though, and it wasn't for Mary Sue reasons. I really hope he comes back, he was my fav character.

I give this show a solid 7 out 10. Hopefully the next season can maintain the budget and it brings back Harry Mudd.

Wouldn’t the Prime Directive mandate not getting involved and therefore not destroying the Caretaker’s array?

Perhaps. But can he still use it to get back or does that break the rules too?

And let's assume Q and the Traveler can't be used, and the Caretaker thing is destroyed anyway (by something else) then what does Picard do?

Perhaps. But can he still use it to get back or does that break the rules too?

And let's assume Q and the Traveler can't be used, and the Caretaker thing is destroyed anyway (by something else) then what does Picard do?

Same shit as Janeway, but better.

Yeah, I'm sure they could beat Q at a game or in some sort of a competition and he'd send them home. And the Traveler could do it too, no doubt. But I still wonder how it'd go down if Q and the Traveler never got involved. The Ent-E is vastly better that Voyager in literally every single category, as a ship and as a crew, so this is a scenario I love to ponder.
The big E unlike the old Galaxy class,first and foremost a warship. It was made to take on the Borg, so it wasn't quite the long mission endurance ship, like the galaxy classes were intended to be. The intrepid class ships were built for high speed, deep space assignments, and to experiment with the latest technologies. The Enterprise would have would have largely dominated any aggressive species. But with such a large ship and crew, much more can go wrong, and they would have to stop more often, especially if they had the same reduced
resources. They were able to run Voyager with a skeleton crew, and due to its design and tech, were able to easily modify it and adapt, which would have been a challenge with e Big E.

The more distance is between Season 1 of Orville and Discovery, the more amazed I am by the former.

The more distance is between Season 1 of Orville and Discovery, the more amazed I am by the former.

I enjoyed the Orville, but I have had no real desire to re watch it. I have re watched Discovery several times, and I actually enjoy it more each time, and see something new every time. Orville has funny moments, but its best as a second rate TNG sci fi wise, not as a comedy. Word is the second season of Orville has had its budget cut quite a bit, and they are farming out all of the CGI and special effects. I want the Orville to succeed, but its not looking good. Call me crazy, but I think Mcfarlan could have been a great choice to take over Trek, in a Rick Berman type role. But after Orville, I doubt that will ever happen.

I finally finished Discovery. It was much better than I thought it was going to be, threw me for a couple unexpected twists too.
I loved how the Lorca we got to know was from the mirror verse

The production values constantly blew me away and I like how they weren't afraid to kill off characters and take come chances. So much of this show goes against Star Trek canon, but their ship being so secret, allows for a section 31 (should they introduce that) thing to explain things that later generations never knew about. However, I don't see how they can explain Spock's half sister...

Speaking of Michael Burnham, she's the worst part of the show, and a big reason why it suffers at times. If you're going to make a singular character the focus of much of the show, they better compelling and well acted, she's neither.

Every time I hear her called Michael, it pulls me out of my suspension of disbelief, not to mention her overly emotional responses. She even gets ghetto at one point lol, though perhaps we can chalk spotty acting up to growing pains. Every Star Trek show started slowly IMO, except the OG after Pike. I gotta say though Michael's character/acting got worse as the season wore on, while everyone else improved.

I'm glad we eventually found out why Lorca wanted her so badly though, and it wasn't for Mary Sue reasons. I really hope he comes back, he was my fav character.

I give this show a solid 7 out 10. Hopefully the next season can maintain the budget and it brings back Harry Mudd.
Glad you enjoyed it. I think Burman got a little better towards the end of the season. Its like all the trek series, they tired to give her too many personality traits. Is she a emotionless Vulcan? Is she a independent rogue, who strikes first? Is she a emotional young girl, looking for a mother? But most of the trek series main characters, had these weird quirks at the beginning, but slowly found there groove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back