The Star Spangled Banner national anthem is racist per NAACP

Why? It's gibberish.

Everyone else seems to have one that talks about happiness and friendship and warm fuzzy stuff like that, or at least talks about hope. Ours is about our flag getting bombed and someone unsure if it's still there.
France got the best anthem:
To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
Let's march, let's march!
Let an impure blood
Soak our fields!

And that's just the chorus, the other parts are too good to be sung nowadays

Those fuckin idiots will bitch about anything. They're fuckin pathetic losers.

Why? It's gibberish.

Everyone else seems to have one that talks about happiness and friendship and warm fuzzy stuff like that, or at least talks about hope. Ours is about our flag getting bombed and someone unsure if it's still there.

You can keep the unicorns and rainbows. I would rather a good fighting song anytime for an anthem.

Do republicans go looking for things to be outraged at?

I'm neither pure republican nor pure democrat. Closest to libertarian but not even a pure libertarian. There really is no all inclusive perfect political ideology for me. Also not outraged, merely surprised and maybe a little disappointed.

Why is our national anthem about war anyway? I always thought America the Beautiful would have been the much better choice.

Only two countries in the world have a national anthem that does not actually have the words of the country in the anthem: USA & the Netherlands

And? You’d have have you be the dumbest Shertard ever to not realize what country the SSB is about

Why is our national anthem about war anyway? I always thought America the Beautiful would have been the much better choice.
To honor the sacrifices of our nation's founding and to remind us that freedom comes with a cost. If you can't understand that, don't respect it and aren't willing to defend it then what this nation offers and represents is wasted on you.

To honor the sacrifices of our nation's founding and to remind us that freedom comes with a cost. If you can't understand that, don't respect it and aren't willing to defend it then what this nation offers and represents is wasted on you.

No one who fought in that war is alive today. No one living today has any connection to that war. No one living today even shares a connection with the reason that war was fought. No one who fought in that war would feel solidarity with today's Americans. The "enemy" in the lyrics are probably our closest allies today. The original lyrics include racism which has to be excluded to this day. The song literally brings up murdering slaves. The guy who wrote the song was a slave owner and opposed to abolition. There is so much fucked up shit associated with the song and its completely irrelevant to today's America unless you choose to think of us as a war-like country. I choose not to.

America the Beautiful? Fucking amazing. Describes the beauty of our country without delving into racist rhetoric or war mongering. Describes our past and our potential future, completely relevant today. I rest my case.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back