The Split Screen Thread

AndersonStreet

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a thread for my fellow split screen players. What is better than playing split screen with friends? Nothin!

Here I would like people to list split screen games for xbox one / switch / ps4. Give your opinions / updates / info on split screen games or upcoming split screen games.

Couch co op also welcome

Last edited:
Xbox One / PS4

Rocket League

One of the best and cheapest split screen games. Basically car soccer.

This game is very popular and one of most played split screen games. Customize your cars and play different modes, Rocket League doesnt rely on state of the art graphics but timeless gameplay.

Supports up to 4 player split screen

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

boxart_comp1.f1cb27a519bdb5b6ed34049a5b86e317.jpg

My score: 9/10

Last edited:
Xbox One / PS4

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Zombie Mode

I have very limited experience in multi-player online but split screen zombie mode is one of the best split screen games in my opinion.

Survive rounds of zombies and try to unlock special wonderweapons and complete the easter egg challenges.

Beyond that every DLC introduces a new zombie map with new easter eggs. Trying to master this mode with a friend is extremely fun and challenging!

Supports 2 player split screen

maxresdefault_live.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

call-of-duty-rave-in-the-redwoods.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-–-Zombies-in-Spaceland-Art.png

2016-bc886.png

My score: 9/10

Last edited:
The remastered Modern Warfare is Splitscreen

I'll second Rocket League.

What's great about local split screen co-op with Rocket League is that you and your buddies can team up and play other people online.

I've played 3 vs 3 with my twin girls against other people. We weren't very good, but we had a blast together.

And isn't that what's is really about?

Other fun games that are split screen that we play together

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 <-- Well done game.

Rayman Legends - Amazing fun for platforming together... up to 4 players.

Overcooked - Simple game, yet crazy co-op fun.

I've been playing Castle Crashers with friends recently and it's fucking awesome. I can't recommend it highly enough.

CastleCrashers_gameplay.png

Broforce and Nidhog have been getting played a lot as well.

Mario Kart will always be my GOAT split screen. My kid is old enough now that he can play Mario Kart 8 pretty well and I'm loving having a little video game buddy.

Only split screen XBONE games I own are Halo: Masterchief edition, Gears of War Ultimate edition and Gears of war 4 I believe. And UFC2 if that counts.

Mario Kart will always be my GOAT split screen. My kid is old enough now that he can play Mario Kart 8 pretty well and I'm loving having a little video game buddy.
I don't own a console but I hear good thing about the Sonic mario Kart clone I'm thinking of picking it up, any one played it?

I don't own a console but I hear good thing about the Sonic mario Kart clone I'm thinking of picking it up, any one played it?

I rented it for a little bit, didn't do any multiplayer. It's a solid cart racing game though, probably the best after Mario Kart.

It's hard to explain, but it feels a little more mature, more serious of a racer than Mario Kart, which takes away from the fun factor. Like I said it's hard to explain, but there is a level of magic that Mario Kart has that no one has been able to replicate.

I'm a big fan of local multiplayer/split screen and buy certain games just for that reason. Some of the best games (other than the ones mentioned) are still from previous-gen that are backward compatible like Left 4 Dead 2 and NBA Jam On Fire Edition.

Still can't believe Halo 5 removed splitscreen. I don't care for the campaign or standard multiplayer playlists, but they have a phenomenal Custom Games browser of people hosting insanely fun user made modes that are ideal for casual split screen play.

The Halo Collection on Xbone is great for split screen (other than annoying black bars on the side for the non-remastered games)... but it desperately needs a Custom Games browser like H5 to make it easier to get into a great custom lobby, otherwise you have to join one of those Xbox social groups and see if anyone is hosting a lobby to play games like Jenga,.Fat Kid, Trash Compactor, etc.

Back