The Soviet school of boxing

Sorry refloat this thread but are there any good boxing clubs in Ukraine ?
I am not talking about quality but that a newbie can get there and not being killed for Ivan Drago ?
Thank+s

For those of you in the know, how fundamentally do the training methods of the big former Soviet boxing countries (Russia, Ukraine, the assorted 'Stan countries, and to a lesser extent Cuba) differ from the Western/American pedagogy?

I understand there were several factors at work determining their success outside of simple training methodologies- early selection for aptitude, being a professional amateur- but nonetheless the training style of the for Eastern bloc seems to have produced a high number of sound technicians.

The differences I've been able to find are-

1. A far more standardized training schedule for teaching the basics- there was a very certain order in which a novice would be taught certain things. I didn't get my base in a traditional boxing gym, but from what I've seen the American method seems more haphazard.

2. A MUCH higher emphasis on shadowboxing and sparring drills as primary training methods as opposed to the Western emphasis on (my experience) heavy bag, mitt work, and free sparring. Also, shadowboxing is looked at as a time to refine technique and practice certain skills, whereas many american boxers seem to relegate it to use as a warm-up exercise

3. A more thorough scientific dissection of the physical qualities that create successful boxers, and a resulting progress in the choice of conditioning exercises. The traditional prescription for conditioning in the West seems to be endless situps, pushups, and roadwork, with a little neck work and some pullups thrown in and maybe a medicine ball every now and then if the coach is feeling froggy.

Have I missed anything, or does anyone have anything to add to this? I hope so

From my experience training under ex Soviet coach and at western gym ( black coach ) -

1. Russian coach ran classes where drills pad work etc would be done along with a partner as opposed to the western gym where each fighter would work individually and the coach would give direction for what combos to do, mitt work would be one on one with the coach

2. Russian coach had a different theme per each training session for example one day combinations, one day heavy bag, one day sparring etc while the western coach will have you mix it up in every session

3. Russian coach has a much bigger focus on conditioning dedicated in entire training session sometimes 2 a week to strength and conditioning. Western coach did the basic conditioning in each class with almost no strength specific training

Sorry refloat this thread but are there any good boxing clubs in Ukraine ?
I am not talking about quality but that a newbie can get there and not being killed for Ivan Drago ?
Thank+s
Try https://spartabox.com/about.
Vyacheslav Senchenko, champion of the world (professionals), is the head coach.
This club is providing services for all skill levels.

The Russians always have good training methods. And always good is attentive to this methods.
Much of the forum here is of congratulations for not showing total ignorance of these methods of training whether in Boxing or other fights.

Back