The song 'Kashmir' is overrated.

It is the Kashmir of edgy.

YOU'RE the kashmir of edgy.

Your lady says otherwise.

My ladies a post op man. So good job.

jenner_thumb.png

Last edited:
I feel the same way. Kashmir is so so, but the Immigrant Song is straight up annoying.

And when they feature it in a movie trailer...

<{hfved}>
Yes. Annoying. That is the perfect word for that song.

The riff itself of course is deliberately basic helping to build the tension with the orchestral backing really having the main hook, I do enjoy it but I think of quite a lot of Zep studio stuff I preffer, WHen The Levee Breaks is probably my favourite as well but also Stairway, The Rain Song, The Rover, Ramble On, Gallows Pole, Achilles Last Stand, In The Light, Bring It On Home, Good Times Bad Times, etc.

Most underrated Zep studio track is probably this from the recent resissues, I'm supprised they didn't call it "lick my love pump"...

The guitar is tuned to DADGAD and that's a cool tuning.

interesting fact, Led Zeppelen never released a single, only ever albums with no singles off them

I remember one time my friend was talking about Led Zeppelin and he mentioned Kashmir, and he was surprised that I had never heard it. I don't know, but from public opinion it also seems to be a pretty highly regarded Zeppelin track by many people. Then when I heard it, I really didn't understand what the fuss was about.

The song is pretty boring in my opinion. The riff is not that great. There's no cool solo. No payoff. It just drones on and on. I can understand people thinking it sounds epic and a little ominous, but I think 'When the Levee Breaks' tops it in that category. What do you guys think of it? Is there something i'm missing about it that makes it such a regarded track by people? Some rich history behind the song? If so, please enlighten me.

Inb4LedZeppelinisoverrated

Go listen to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift you despicable twat.

It's a good song but it's not life changing

People overvalue older music because they remember it from when there wasn't such a massive amount of competing artists and music to choose from

Another absolutely ridiculous post from Pwent.

Why does a song need to be life changing? I don't get it

And the rest of this post is borderline retarded and lacks any real world knowledge of music

Last edited:
Go listen to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift you despicable twat.

I don't understand why my post would have you so triggered. Is Kashmir your favorite tune? Is Robert Plant your dad or something?

Last edited:
Depends. I mean Stairway to Heaven is a GOAT song. A good song is a good song. I just don't think Kashmir is that great in any era.

That's why I asked if there was maybe some history to Kashmir of some sort. Like something significant about the lyrics or when it was written. Usually that's a factor that adds to a songs value beyond how good it sounds.

Compared to their other songs which I would consider underrated, I would say it's definitely overrated.

It's a song thats at very good on one of my favorite albums of all time.

PG, IMO is Zepplins best.

Didn't they notoriously bite and steal all their big hits? I remember watching a video that went into detail about it a few years ago.

It's a good song but it's not life changing

People overvalue older music because they remember it from when there wasn't such a massive amount of competing artists and music to choose from

Except Zepplin was legendary

It's a good song. Physical Graffiti is my favorite Zep record. There's a whole bunch of classics on there. Sick again, in my time of dying, night flight

I get where you're coming from

Definitely one of my least favorite hits of theirs.

The riff was very heavy for the time, it was a very original sound and unique, I think that's why it's such a well known tune.

I completely agree with TS. It is one of my least favorite Zeppelin songs, at least out of the famous ones. My least favorite is the Immigrant Song. They both just bore me.

I heard a cover of Immigrant Song by a Danish death metal band.

I don't like the song and I definitely don't like death metal but that cover fucking kills me.

"commin from dee lan of dee ice and SNOOOOOOOOWgggrrrroooowwwlll"

Agree OP, When the levee breaks is definitely better.

Thank You is their best track though.

Back