The Soldier of God appreciation thread

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
My favourite fighter of the past 5 years Is honestly the Soldier of God Yoel Romero. I just love the way the man explodes in the shortest of bursts to drastically change a fight outcome and leaving the opponents crippled. For some reason i just don't care if he does the shady octagon shit, i don't know why i just don't and get a kick out of Tim Kennedy and The Chris getting upset over it.

The man low key is full of entertainment.
- Stoolgate
- Gay Jesus
- He made "Boi" cool before kratos did
- Those fukin flips during the entrance and the marches at the end
- On Why he kissed Luke rockhold after giving him a shoryuken. 'But you know what? if you have to fight, you need to have respect. I fought Lyoto Machida; I have a great respect for Lyoto Machida. I fought Robert Whittaker; I have a great respect for Lyoto Machida'

He is also the only fighter to get his USADA suspension reduced due to tainted supplements. He didn't take a deal to snitch, he submitted one sample of the supplements and boom was exonerated and is suing the company responsible unlike Jones who submitted 14 samples and nothing came back to support it.

EDIT: AND NOW HE FUCKIN WON THE CASE AGAINST THE SUPPLEMENT COMPANY, ANYONE ELSE DO THAT, 27.5 million (maybe he only sees a couple of it), but most IMPORTANTLY SOLDIER OF GOD IS EXONERATED

Well done to the Reaper for surviving 50 minutes with him. He lost some limbs and probably a few years of his life to etch out wins against him (thought 2nd fight was a draw tbh). For me he is like the Luis Ortiz of boxing forever old, forever dangerous and forever avoided (luckily in MMA you can't duck as much as you can in boxing).
2ZooKl2.gif

Yoel-Romeros-ankle-pick-Gif.gif

giphy.webp

10002658.jpg

PreciousFriendlyBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

OptimisticCooperativeAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

8W9F.gif

Yoel%2BRomero%2BPalacio%2BFinishes%2BTim%2BKennedy%2BUFC%2B178.gif

sk7aQFt.gif

source.gif

EasygoingThirstyHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Yoel-Romero-landed-a-couple-of-good-Side-Kick-that-looked-to-injure-Robert-Whittakers-leg-R1-.gif

3d-round-KD.gif

TinyExcellentJohndory.webp

giphy.gif

i don't know how many years the Mutant Ninja turtle has left, but for this sherdogger it's been a privilege to watch.

EDIT: GLAD HE GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE an obscene amount of money (again probs get only a couple of million thats still alot and i am happy for him)

ROMERO BLESS
SEE U SOON BOI

Last edited:
Two things come to mind when I think about Yoel
Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 9.37.04 AM.png

It's so unfortunate that people claim he cheated on stoolgate which started the which hunt of calling him a cheater on everything, which we now know was fake news, with all sides confirming that Yoel wasn't to blame for the stoolgate.

But WHATEVER, this boy just signed an 8 fight deal, so the rivers of american and brazilian tears will flow and the Soldier of God will keep soldiering on.

I fu**ing love that man. I just wish he was younger instead of likely being on his way out..

I fu**ing love that man. I just wish he was younger instead of likely being on his way out..

Me 2 bro, he had to spend so much time in germany so that he can leave cuba behind and struggled to get fights so his career stalled for awhile

Two things come to mind when I think about Yoel
View attachment 454873

If that’s all that comes to mind then I suggest you watch JRE with Joey Diaz translating for Yoel. It will clear a few things up for you and then you might actually have an informed opinion!

Here you go:

In ! Him against TRTor would have been a great sight

I wish he got into the UFC / mma earlier, started too late. Never really has a boring fight which you don't expect from a wrestler.

If that’s all that comes to mind then I suggest you watch JRE with Joey Diaz translating for Yoel. It will clear a few things up for you and then you might actually have an informed opinion!

Here you go:

Listened to it the day it came out, my man. Regardless of his excuses for the delay against Tim Kennedy, he has missed weight for his last two fights but still insists on staying at MW.

He needs to move up.

Yoel Romero is my favourite natural athlete of all time.

Listened to it the day it came out, my man. Regardless of his excuses for the delay against Tim Kennedy, he has missed weight for his last two fights but still insists on staying at MW.

Apparently the week of his last weight cut he was 217 lbs, he cuts so so much weight

The only person I felt bad for in those gifs was Lyoto, those elbows were murderous.

He needs to move up.

If that’s your take away then you weren’t listening, my man.

WAR ROMERO

I'm a huge fan, Yoel is one of the very few must-watch fighters, can't miss a second of his fights.
He has a very unique style for a wrestler that makes him absolutely amazing to watch.

Back