The Soccer Politics behind the scenes taint the play on the pitch... Oi vey

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by dissufc, Sep 8, 2017.

1. dissufc Green Belt

dissufc
    I've only been keen on soccer for the last 3 yrs and tangentially all my life and played soccer like a midfielder on speed/crack/caffeine...as I was a long distance running champ.

But the shit I see with trading and/or not trading and leveraging...blah blah blah is a real drag. How do you support players with buying their merch than they're on another team the following year...or not.

The economics of neymar's situation is not just particular to soccer but of hyper inflating a price to artificially induce artificial mkt levels... whereas demand needs to increase dramatically to keep pace. We are witnessing a turning point and it's not good for the weaker teams across Europe. The discrepancies will widen and competitive games will not be there...with the EPL being most competitive...anchored by ManU and their increasing fanbase in Asia.

However, this daily drama and it's rumours are annoying and unnecessary. Is it just the media or is part of the sport? To keep us captivated?

Also, I hate offside officiating and it needs to be replaced by software to negate constant fallibility.

Now my biggest pet peeve in soccer after watching a lot of hockey...

SOCCER PLAYERS HAVE PERFECTED THE ART OF ACTING LIKE A PUSSY AS A BENEFIT WHEN TOUCHED...LIKE THEY'VE BEEN SHOT OR STABBED WITH A KNIFE.

Hockey players get stitches btn rounds and playing with broken bones, etc. Play acting does not exist. Soccer needs a Don Cherry to call out every Pussy play actor across Europe.