The SNES Classic Edition............................

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
You may have heard (many) rumors about it, and I'm happy to say that I've heard positive things. :)

Said information was not from the periphery either...(as in, "I heard from someone who heard it form someone") ...but due to the fact that I'm not affiliated with Nintendo, I am untouchable. :D

PLEASE NOTE: Just because it may actually be ON THE BOARD, (so to speak) that doesn't mean it's bound to be released soon.

From what I can extrapolate, it seems like Christmas 2017 might become a probable release date...

Oh, and as far as what I know about the Switch, I've heard that Nintendo is ready and willing to allocate as much leverage possible away from their proper handhelds in order to bolster the Switch, although, I'm pretty sure this has been discussed online already.

WAR Nintendo!!!

I'm sure i read the other day they've already started doing trademarks for it

It would be foolish to release an SNES Classic this holiday season considering it will be the Switch's first at bat with the holidays. No way Nintendo wants to risk cannibalizing Switch sales. In addition, this would be the 3rd console that should have some sort of Virtual Console capabilities, including offering SNES games.

You may have heard (many) rumors about it, and I'm happy to say that I've heard positive things. :)

Said information was not from the periphery either...(as in, "I heard from someone who heard it form someone") ...but due to the fact that I'm not affiliated with Nintendo, I am untouchable. :D

PLEASE NOTE: Just because it may actually be ON THE BOARD, (so to speak) that doesn't mean it's bound to be released soon.

From what I can extrapolate, it seems like Christmas 2017 might become a probable release date...

Oh, and as far as what I know about the Switch, I've heard that Nintendo is ready and willing to allocate as much leverage possible away from their proper handhelds in order to bolster the Switch, although, I'm pretty sure this has been discussed online already.

WAR Nintendo!!!

ill just buy a super Nintendo

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Secret of Mana

The Holy Trinity.

We should make a dream 30 list if that's what they are going for again. 3rd party games included.

#1 has to be Super Metroid.

@Lucifer Alpha RPG trifecta are must haves too.

At first thought this sounds cool to me, until I think more about it and realize I only ever played like 3 SNES games. I had an NES growing up, not an SNES. Not sure it really follows for me to have a strong desire to catch up on games I missed 25 years ago. For now I'm still desperately trying to score an NES classic still so I can get my Mario 3 on.

Thinking of my GOAT list right now.

They will release it, and it will be sold out quickly. I'll pre-order when it launches. My fave retro console ever.

Already exists. #RaspberryPi

7fb9c4584e005104ef3e080a03f20b96_preview_featured.jpg

Super Metroid
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda ALTTP
Shadowrun
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Punch Out
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3
Starfox
Contra III The Alien Wars
Mega Man X
Pilot wings
Super Castlevania IV
F-Zero
Breath of Fire
Earthworm Jim
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat II
Super Street Fighter II
Harvest Moon
Kirby Superstar
Top Gear 2
Sim City

Honorables..

Lufia I and II, Stunt Race FX, TMNT Turtles in time, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, NBA Jam, Uniracers, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, Final Fight Series

I honestly don't understand what the OP is trying to say. That he has inside information that it is coming out someday ?

Super Metroid
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda ALTTP
Shadowrun
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Punch Out
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3
Starfox
Contra III The Alien Wars
Mega Man X
Pilot wings
Super Castlevania IV
F-Zero
Breath of Fire
Earthworm Jim
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat II
Super Street Fighter II
Harvest Moon
Kirby Superstar
Top Gear 2
Sim City

Honorables..

Lufia I and II, Stunt Race FX, TMNT Turtles in time, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, NBA Jam, Uniracers, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, Final Fight Series

Damn that was a good guess.