The Sinking City

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

A supernatural adventure and investigation game set in a Lovecraftian inspired world.

Interesting.

Due for release: 21/03/2019.

Yeah—I think this was shown at the Sony E3 conference, and it certainly looks interesting. Would like to see some gameplay footage.

Yeah—I think this was shown at the Sony E3 conference, and it certainly looks interesting. Would like to see some gameplay footage.

A supernatural adventure and investigation game set in a Lovecraftian inspired world.

Interesting.

Due for release: 21/03/2019.

That's like Lovecraft meets Escher meets Bioshock. Definitely like the aesthetic and mood.

Since 2K doesn't seem terribly interested in making games, anymore, outside its Firaxis studio, I guess someone was ready to pick up the slack. PS4 and Nintendo Switch are balling on the classic single-player game format.

The game is trending on Twitch from what I seen in last couple days and since Lovecraft world is my kind of thing I thought I give it a shot.

Its an open world, horror, shooter, detective kind of game. I am only hour in so I cant say a lot at this point. Map looks quite large, giant city divided into areas. Game from what I see got mixed reviews from those major review sites but gamers themselves rate it quite good. Personally I am definitely intrigued and will play some more this weekend (hate playing new games during my working week)

It's a story driven game not mindless shooter.

What makes it different from call of Cthulhu?

Release date on Steam is 2020, is it out on console? The trailer looks killer.

Sounds like it might be the next "Deadly Premonition". A beautiful mess.

It's gotten terrible reviews

Not from what I've seen, it tends in the 70's which is fine. Those in the horror community are loving it, which is what I'd care about more than just random reviewers.

Not from what I've seen, it tends in the 70's which is fine. Those in the horror community are loving it, which is what I'd care about more than just random reviewers.

I just finished reading Lovecraft's Shadow over Innsmouth so I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

Back