The Simpsons™ Destroyed By PC Goons. #ApuToo

LMFAO.

Please bro......I don't fucking believe that you have been harassed as much as the Indian kids raised in the USA.....This is basically "I have a black friend so I understand, yet I disagree" argument.

Like I said, I like the character but I know white american kids, they will overuse this shit 24/7.

Are you just brown or indian? there's a huge difference.

Im Mexican so im brown....If somebody made fun of me and used Indian lines, I wouldn't give a shit either.
wtf are you talking about? Im talking from first hand experience so how is that even close to similar? what is different about the indian kids in the USA's experiences in comparison to mine(oh and my dad was middle eastern so thats why they make the jokes ya goof)? Ive had jokes made about every character that is brown from tv shows in my life.... never stopped me liking those shows and also the characters themselves.(fez from that 70's show etc)

sometimes people just need to man the fuck up and laugh, as thats the intention of the shows

I haven't even heard of this...

And you are incorrect. Even Comedy and comedians have come under heavy fire from the uber left and PC police.

Bill Maher, David Chapelle, Chris Rock.

I think I mentioned this before, but David Chapelle took some heat for his Transgender jokes in his recent stand up acts on Netflix.

"Took some heat" just means some idiots on Twitter were mad at him. I think Twitter has provided a platform for people to make their opinions public, but in the end they are the same people who have always been there. There may be a few more, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. Dude is the biggest comedian in the world and makes fun of trans people, and the worst that happens is a few people are mad? That's normal.

It's not really anything new, Bill Maher lost his first show because of his offensive comments.

The one change I do notice is that college campuses are more politically correct, and some comedians prefer not to perform for them.

wtf are you talking about? Im talking from first hand experience so how is that even close to similar? what is different about the indian kids in the USA's experiences in comparison to mine? Ive had jokes made about every character that is brown from tv shows in my life.... never stopped me liking those shows and also the characters themselves.(fez from that 70's show etc)

sometimes people just need to man the fuck up and laugh, as thats the intention of the shows

So you aren't Indian? That's all I needed to know...thanks for dodging the question.

That's like somebody making fun of me using Indian accents/Middle Easter Accents even though Im Mexican......yeah I wouldn't give that much of a shit either.

Again your experience is probably different than Indian kids in American White Schools....Even Indian kids can have different experiences in American Whites Schools(Im sure some never experienced this racism, and have no problem with APU).....So just because you "manned the fuck up" when you heard Apu jokes that have nothing to do with your culture, doesn't mean that the other indian kids didn't suffer more....You aren't the fucking gold standard of what an Indian kid should feel when they make fun of them, using APU.

I love your apple and oranges comparisons LMFAO.

Last edited:
speaking of politically incorrect entertainment, Blazing Saddles....yeah....I wonder how that would hold up today.
lol
That notion animates me more than any other. The idea that we're no longer allowed to enjoy what we personally find funny because someone, somewhere, at some point across all time, may get offended.

Too many on the modern left are obsessed with deciding for you what you're allowed to find funny.

It reminds me of a quote that's often misattributed to Voltaire (Wikipedia has three contradicting accounts of the origin of this quote):

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize".

1. What one person did and didn't notice is a poor measuring stick, no? It's been pulling teeth just to get you to admit that a full length documentary getting headlines across the media about one character on one show might be pressure on the guy behind that character.

2. For someone who is bothered by others making assumptions, you are making a lot of assumptions. I didn't call anyone a liar. I didn't call anyone a pussy. You may have me confused with another poster, but those aren't points I've made.

3. Normal people often feel bad unnecessarily for things they have said or done when being accused of borderline racism by moralizing busybodies. That's why moralizing is so effective. I'm not questioning Azaria's sincerity at all. I am questioning the sincerity and motives of his critics.

Sorry I didn't mean to group you in with the people calling him a pussy and all that.

I think your 3rd point flies directly in the face of what most people in here are saying. They are directly questioning his sincerity. They are saying he's lying to pander, basically. You are saying he is being honest, which is what I think.

I try not to get into the game of accusing people of being insincere. I think people do care about things, and usually voice their honest opinion. I don't think the Indian guys in that documentary were insincere when they voiced their opinion. Why would I accuse them of that?

So you aren't Indian? That's all I needed to know...thanks for dodging the question.

That's like somebody making fun of me using Indian accents/Middle Easter Accents even though Im Mexican......yeah I wouldn't give that much of a shit either.

Again your experience is probably different than Indian kids in American White Schools....Even Indian kids can have different experiences in American Whites Schools(Im sure some never experienced this racism, and have no problem with APU).....So just because you "manned the fuck up" when you heard Apu jokes that have nothing to do with your culture, doesn't mean that the other indian kids didn't suffer more....You aren't the fucking gold standard of what an Indian kid should feel when they make fun of him, using APU.

I think anybody who "suffers" via an extremely benign cartoon portrayal of their culture probably shouldn't be out in the general public. In a perfect world they would be arrested and given nice jail time which will likely toughen them up.

I think anybody who "suffers" via an extremely benign cartoon portrayal of their culture probably shouldn't be out in the general public. In a perfect world they would be arrested and given nice jail time which will likely toughen them up.
Sportsbar----------------->>>>

IDK, I mean I understand their suffering more than the typical White Right Winger sufferings, who have a huge problem with this thread.

5a37f4cae739e.image.jpg

merry-christmas-cup.jpg

Funny how you fuckers cry about Starbuck cups but Holyshit, if somebody has a problem with being bullied because of a cartoon character since elementary school, they are the pussies? LMFAO.

Like I have been saying, White Right Wingers are literally the biggest pussies in the world.

BTW I saw the trailer for "The Problem with APU", they all seem to be very successful Indians...So they are doing pretty well in general public.

Again your experience is probably different than Indian kids in American White Schools....Even Indian kids can have different experiences in American Whites Schools(Im sure some never experienced this racism, and have no problem with APU).....So just because you "manned the fuck up" when you heard Apu jokes that have nothing to do with your culture, doesn't mean that the other indian kids didn't suffer more....You aren't the fucking gold standard of what an Indian kid should feel when they make fun of them, using APU.

and you think it matters to the group of people making the digs at the time? of course they dont, Scotland in the 80's and 90's was almost entirely white..... they looked at anything brown as the same thing, different to them. so they would lump everything in and make fun of it. the specific culture or nation wasnt important to them

what makes the discrimination these indian kids suffer any different than the discrimination anyone else suffers? please explain how they "suffer more" than anyone else that has experienced racial stereotypes?

The thing with Apu is that other than his accent and working at a convenience store he didn’t really embody too many negative stereotypes about Indians, like being a cheapskate that always haggles and is constantly trying to rip people off.

I could see Indian viewers being irritated or offended at the portrayal of Hinduism perhaps, but honestly I don’t think he was ever cast in a particularly bad light. He was one of the nicer characters on the show that most people liked.
Exactly. It seems if Apu is the worst example of a stereotype against your group you can find, you don’t have it nearly as bad as many other groups of people.

and you think it matters to the group of people making the digs at the time? of course they dont, Scotland in the 80's and 90's was almost entirely white..... they looked at anything brown as the same thing, different to them. so they would lump everything in and make fun of it. the specific culture or nation wasnt important to them

what makes the discrimination these indian kids suffer any different than the discrimination anyone else suffers? please explain how they "suffer more" than anyone else that has experienced racial stereotypes?

Again, you aren't indian so obviously an Apu Tease, wouldn't matter to you......Do you not see the difference? I already used this example, thats like somebody teasing me for being Middle Eastern even though Im Mexican....Of course I wouldn't give a shit.

It makes it different from your suffering because the kids culture was being made fun of.....They are indian so Apu jokes apply to them....You weren't indian thus Apu jokes don't affect you....come on bro, its obvious.

Now if you say "Look Im middle eastern and I got middle eastern stereotypes thrown at me because of aladdin, but I still love aladdin", then that will be a different argument, but you aren't saying that...You're just saying they insulted you with random shit lol.

and again...You aren't the fucking golden standard of what should people feel.........According to you, people who get raped today, should toughen up because back in the Roman Days, people were getting raped left and right, and they didn't have a fucking therapist to talk to....so yeah, they should toughen up because other people can handle it better.

Again, you aren't indian so obviously an Apu Tease, wouldn't matter to you......Do you not see the difference? I already used this example, thats like somebody teasing me for being Middle Eastern even though Im Mexican....Of course I wouldn't give a shit.

It makes it different from your suffering because the kids culture was being made fun of.....They are indian so Apu jokes apply to them....You weren't indian thus Apu jokes don't affect you....come on bro, its obvious.

Now if you say "Look Im middle eastern and I got middle eastern stereotypes thrown at me because of aladdin, but I still love aladdin", then that will be a different argument, but you aren't saying that...You're just saying they insulted you with random shit lol.

and again...You aren't the fucking gold standard of what should people feel.........According to you, people who get raped today, should toughen up because back in the Roman Days, people were getting raped left and right, and they didn't have a fucking therapist to talk to....so yeah, they should toughen up because other people can handle it better.
how the fuck does apu make fun of indian culture? apart from the accent and owning a convenience store he is a pretty tame character

it mattered when I was the only brown kid around and was made to feel isolated because of the joke. just because Im not indian, it doesnt mean I cant be offended by discrimination against me.

I also get told from time to time to "go the fuck home terrorist" even though I was born here and raised by the Scottish side of my family. But by your logic I shouldnt take any offense to the ignorant abuse because Im not actually a terrorist or from another country right? GTFO

How the hell is Apu a negative representative of indian culture -- his voice? He is an character from India who has an accent! No one gets triggered about the fact that EVERY demographic character has a Representative tone of voice. All the black characters (including Mrs Hibbert ) have a bass tone to their voice. All the Italian characters have a 40's mobster tone. The mexican bubble guy, The jewish rabbi and frink., The Austrian, The slack jaw yokel -- ALL of them.

Why is the Apu character getting backlash? Because Hari Kondabolu decided to faux outrage to cash in on it?

how the fuck does apu make fun of indian culture? apart from the accent and owning a convenience store he is a pretty tame character

it mattered when I was the only brown kid around and was made to feel isolated because of the joke. just because Im not indian, it doesnt mean I cant be offended by discrimination against me.

I also get told from time to time to "go the fuck home terrorist" even though I was born here and raised by the Scottish side of my family. But by your logic I shouldnt take any offense to the ignorant abuse because Im not actually a terrorist or from another country right? GTFO
People use Apu to make fun of indian kids.......Do you understand?....I said I like the character, I wouldn't make fun of somebody because of him....but I understand how White Americans use these stereotypes to make fun of people.

Again......It's different getting random shit thrown at you and being specifically targeted with Apu Jokes because you're indian...Completely fucking different....I am not saying u didn't feel isolated, but you did not feel like those indian kids...sorry it's not the same.

This is coming from a Mexican guy who people thought he was Canadian on Xbox Live.......When people said Canadian Jokes, I didn't really give a shit...I mean it was annoying, but I was never like "Fuck those gawddamn Canadian stereotypes on TV are ruining my life!!!!!!" lol...Why? Because Im not canadian, so it didn't really offend me.

Well IDK whats your ethnicity, bro...Like you keep saying your brown.....But what nationality?......If I got the "Go home terrorist" line, I wouldn't be that offended because Im not middle eastern...Now a middle eastern person getting that line, would have a huge fucking problem with it, compared to me.........Now if they told "Go back to the barrio, ese", that would offend me much more since Im actually Mexican and I know they are making fun of me being Mexican.

People use Apu to make fun of indian kids.......Do you understand?....I said I like the character, I wouldn't make fun of somebody because of him....but I understand how White Americans use these stereotypes to make fun of people.

Again......It's different getting random shit thrown at you and being specifically targeted with Apu Jokes because you're indian...Completely fucking different....I am not saying u didn't feel isolated, but you did not feel like those indian kids...sorry it's not the same.

This is coming from a Mexican guy who people thought he was Canadian on Xbox Live.......When people said Canadian Jokes, I didn't really give a shit...I mean it was annoying, but I was never like "Fuck those gawddamn Canadian stereotypes on TV are ruining my life!!!!!!" lol...Why? Because Im not canadian, so it didn't really offend me.

Well IDK whats your ethnicity, bro...Like you keep saying your brown.....But what nationality?......If I got the "Go home terrorist" line, I wouldn't be that offended because Im not middle eastern...Now a middle eastern person getting that line, would have a huge fucking problem with it, compared to me.........Now if they told "Go back to the barrio, ese", that would offend me much more since Im actually Mexican and I know they are making fun of me being Mexican.
you dont even take anything in, what "apu jokes" do these kids get used against them? why is white americans discrimination any different than discrimination anywhere else? what makes your white people special?

Im talking about apu and other characters being used by groups of people to racially abuse me(and I can still not blame the character or the show for said abuse), and you compare that to people thinking you are canadian on xbox live? how is that even close to comparable?

oh and my dad was Iranian

How the hell is Apu a negative representative of indian culture -- his voice? He is an character from India who has an accent! No one gets triggered about the fact that EVERY demographic character has a Representative tone of voice. All the black characters (including Mrs Hibbert ) have a bass tone to their voice. All the Italian characters have a 40's mobster tone. The mexican bubble guy, The jewish rabbi and frink., The Austrian, The slack jaw yokel -- ALL of them.

Why is the Apu character getting backlash? Because Hari Kondabolu decided to faux outrage to cash in on it?
exactly, the simpsons is built on easy stereotypes of almost every single race imaginable. but according to @GOATER only indian kids suffering counts

Back