The Show 17!!! Let's goooooo

Theprospect26

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone else here hyped up for MLB The Show 17? I can't wait until Tuesday. The retro mode looks like a quick, fun pick up and play mode. The game looks fantastic.

game is amazing. Just wish the servers worked on Day 1. I want to try some Battle Royale

I have to say, I am amazed at the hit realism. Slicing a ball barely foul on a HR blast is suspenseful as it should be. if this game performs well online I'll be hooked on this for a while

What the hell IS going on with the online? Even yesterday I couldn't connect.

Great baseball game. Started my traditional Braves franchise and pulled off some good deals. Swanson goes 3-5 with a HR and 4 RBIs.

Gameplay is great, still waiting on Online Servers to stabilize. I tried Battle Royale last night and couldnt even get through a draft. Snails pace and then booted. i'm an online player, i might play some Madden or NHL until it comes around.

Easily the best sports sim franchise on the market.

Looks like the servers are good now. Tried last night and it was smooth as butter and fast. Love this game!

Did a few Fantasy draft seasons with legends included for the hell of it. Griffey Jr is always drafted before my pick, and i'm desperate to get him on my squad. lol

Gonna play the shit out of RTTS. Haven't played this game for a few years but that mode has been a favorite of mine.

I have to say, I am amazed at the hit realism. Slicing a ball barely foul on a HR blast is suspenseful as it should be. if this game performs well online I'll be hooked on this for a while

this....I only buy games for their online gaming...The last Show I bought (last year) sucked ass online and I literally traded it in the next day after I bought it...willl wait a few days to see how online is before I buy this

this....I only buy games for their online gaming...The last Show I bought (last year) sucked ass online and I literally traded it in the next day after I bought it...willl wait a few days to see how online is before I buy this

So far, I approve of the online. It's pretty near seemless most of the time. I see hiccups on animations after walks or after Strike 3 in the dirt with the batter running to 1st. But the most important visuals like recognizing pitches is pretty darn good.

I have played like 10 games online so far, and 90% have been good. I am still getting used to the game and recognizing pitches effectively but as I get better at that, the game becomes more and more realistic.

It's addicting to play out realistic battles online. I love that you cant repeat Ace pitchers. If you pitch Chris Sale or Clayton Kershaw, you are not going to be able to use him again right away.

I have ran into some freaks that can hit any pitch any time. And thats annoying. But most matchups are winnable with real baseball strategy and a decent grasp of the game.

Why can i not hit? Its ruining the game for me

It ain't "RBI Baseball". You've gotta treat it like you're really at the plate. It'll come to you though. You'll be recognizing pitch patterns, the way the ball moves out of the pitcher's hand, and get your timing down the more you play. It's pretty tough at first though, if you haven't played these games before.

What settings are you using for hitting? I use Zone hitting and once you get a grasp of tracking pitch location/pitch type you can hit all over the yard. I would highly recommend practicing with the Challenge of the Week mode. This was huge for me. That mode is basically a Pitcher vs Batter duel that you can repeat over and over. After 15-20 minutes I was already a much better hitter. You are forced to learn to identify balls vs strikes and breaking balls vs fast balls.

Thats really it. If you use the timing hitting setting, pitch location will destroy you. So I dont recommend that.

Also, you have to learn to manipulate the count. Don't just swing at the first pitch or even the first pitch that looks hittable every time. I struggle with this all the time, but when you work the count, the pitcher will have no choice but to eventually give you a meatball to hit or walk you. If you know a fastball is coming, time it and locate it, you will crush it.

What settings are you using for hitting? I use Zone hitting and once you get a grasp of tracking pitch location/pitch type you can hit all over the yard. I would highly recommend practicing with the Challenge of the Week mode. This was huge for me. That mode is basically a Pitcher vs Batter duel that you can repeat over and over. After 15-20 minutes I was already a much better hitter. You are forced to learn to identify balls vs strikes and breaking balls vs fast balls.

Thats really it. If you use the timing hitting setting, pitch location will destroy you. So I dont recommend that.

Also, you have to learn to manipulate the count. Don't just swing at the first pitch or even the first pitch that looks hittable every time. I struggle with this all the time, but when you work the count, the pitcher will have no choice but to eventually give you a meatball to hit or walk you. If you know a fastball is coming, time it and locate it, you will crush it.

I know this is my issue but im just really poor at identifying balls and strikes. Probably going to try again tonight as, after andromeda, witcher 3 and horizon the last 3 or 4 months im sick of anything but sports games

I know this is my issue but im just really poor at identifying balls and strikes. Probably going to try again tonight as, after andromeda, witcher 3 and horizon the last 3 or 4 months im sick of anything but sports games
One of the biggest learning curves with this game is learning to lay off certain pitches. You only have a split second to decide and most of us have an instinct to hit the button and swing. But I guarantee the more pitches you see, the faster you begin to identify them and the more relaxed the whole thing becomes. It's sounds weird but its true.

I had such an intense online battle last night. Mets(me) vs Indians. I came out poor. Gave up a run in the 1st. 2nd inning I gave up 5 runs including an in the park HR. I foolishly dove for a blooper into Center and the ball rolled all the way to the wall.

I was down 6-1 the majority of the game. 7th and 8th I really started to come on strong, I chipped away each inning to tie it up. He was scrambling with different relievers that werent working.

Top of the 9th I tally 1 more run to go up 7-6 and bring in my closer. I have shut him down offensively for the last several innings without problem. Confident! I end up giving up a Solo Shot to Right to blow the save. Into the 10th, then the 11th, and we're battling. Bottom 11th he hits a 2 Run Walk-Off on me. I instantly regretted the pitch choice, high and inside Fastball that he absolutely crushed. Ughhh..Disappointing but it was an epic game.

Back