The shooter from the California rampage just ended the 'reasonable gun law' argument yesterday

Don’t try and reverse engineer my argument

It's sound logic, you should be proud buddeh.

Anarchy. Survival of the fittest. If you can't stop it, why even try? Criminals are just gonna do it anyway.

Yeah? Last I read they were still making $1200 machines to mill out 80% receivers. Those cheap chinese CNC machines aren't up to doing one from scratch, what's the entry point?

Yeah the 0% will of course require a decent CNC setup

You can finish an 80% with $50 jig and a cordless drill. I don't know why anyone would buy a $1200 machine for it unless they were finishing them in commercial quantities

Polymer lowers are the easiest of all (3d printable, or finish an 80% in a few minutes) but I don't like them. They seem to crack after a few thousand rounds. They would be good for mass shooters but not for serious Red Dawn operators like me.

It's sound logic, you should be proud buddeh.

Anarchy. Survival of the fittest. If you can't stop it, why even try? Criminals are just gonna do it anyway.
To be clear my stance is, if stopping gun violence is as easy as banning guns we should just ban murder

Why shouldn't the general public be allowed a 3d printer? You would still need to model or map whatever you're printing up and do the work to setup the program.

On the other hand a large manufacturing firm could easily step up their production and get the price point of the product down to the point that wasting time printing out a presumably lower quality product yourself isn't worth it.

Well when the tech gets so advanced won't this cause problems with patent laws. I can't see this not being regulated to some degree.

Ah, so we should clearly get rid of murder laws because you can kill people with knives.

We're on the right track here.
Or you could protect yourself and at least be on equal footing if someone is trying to harm you. It's a wild concept that some have called self-defense.

So a guy broke the law and committed a crime, so the laws are pointless?

Good news guys! Purge 24/7!

Is it possible to 3D print a girlfriend? Asking for 90% of War Room posters.

This has actually been going on for a while now. Quality is just getting better and better too, never gonna be able to stop it.

This has actually been going on for a while now. Quality is just getting better and better too, never gonna be able to stop it.
This is literally the history of the guns evolution, man in home workshop toiling away, gave us breach loading firarms, then the lever action repeaters, breach lock semi auto handguns, several forms of full auto and semi auto rifles. And the fact that the issue people seem to bring up is the "untraceable element" guess what ALL guns are only traceable to the last known legal owner.

You sell a gun, get it stolen or whatever, the trail ends there, LEO might find another person or two and that'll be it, typically they only find the first owner and that's it. Criminals don't register or go to an FFL typically.

Well when the tech gets so advanced won't this cause problems with patent laws. I can't see this not being regulated to some degree.
Patent laws already are regulated.
We have millions of CNC machines now, able to replicate many commercially available products, yet the law abiding citizens don't churn out unlicensed copies.

Can't punish the law abiding for the actions of a few who choose to break the law

Bubble wrapping the world will solve most of our problems:

www.unityoneinc.com_.....1-e1448252517821.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWlAAAAJDEzMTI0MzU3LTExZmQtNDk1MC1iN2Y5LTI2M2MzZDNjNTUyMw.jpg

postie-safety.jpg.auspostimage.970*0.low.jpg

ShaqBubbleWrap-20150515034129662.jpg

Why is the general public allowed 3D printers.

I have To image that in the future there is going to have to be steps to go through to buy these machines. Especially when the tech gets so advanced.

Doesn't this break patent laws and things of that nature

Your not going to stop tech like 3d printers unless you want to start a tech war that the government can't win.

The government is supposed to be afraid of the people. It's supposed to be how they're held in check.

Liberals should 3d print themselves a viable candidate in 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back