The shooter from the California rampage just ended the 'reasonable gun law' argument yesterday

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ghost-guns-shooting-rancho-tehama-california/

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-shooting-rampage-highlights-ghost-guns-185746544.html

"It's legal to build a gun in a home or a workshop, and advances in 3-D printing and milling have made it easier to do so. Kits can be purchased legally for $450 to $1,000 from hundreds of websites without the kind of background check required for traditional gun purchases."

""The more restrictive the laws become for people to purchase firearms, we're going to see those criminal elements build their own," Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said. "That's what they do."

Well there goes the argument for anti-2nd amendment guys. The guy built the gun from 3D printers illegally.

In case you're wondering WTF a ghost gun is, here you go:

Ive just added a 3D printer to my Amazon wishlist.

So it was a Bushmaster 80% reciever? ...or was the Bushmaster AR-15 a different rifle he'd surrendered due to the restraining orders?
3D printing a gun isn't really the same as finishing off a parts kit or 80% receiver.

Last edited:
LOL at the VICE video in the OP. *ominous music* "..something that is a cute little kitten, And you realize that he can program it to kill people."

God I hate that melodramatic style of hyperbolic journalism... that kills people.

Ah, so we should clearly get rid of murder laws because you can kill people with knives.

We're on the right track here.

Ive just added a 3D printer to my Amazon wishlist.

Liberal posters on the phone with the feds for reading that comment XD

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme.jpg

So it was a Bushmaster 80% reciever? ...or was the Bushmaster AR-15 a different rifle he'd surrendered due to the restraining orders?
3D printing a gun isn't really the same as finishing off a parts kit or 80% receiver.

Bushmaster doesn't make/sell 80% lowers

Why is the general public allowed 3D printers.

I have To image that in the future there is going to have to be steps to go through to buy these machines. Especially when the tech gets so advanced.

Doesn't this break patent laws and things of that nature

Ah, so we should clearly get rid of murder laws because you can kill people with knives.

Why stop there?

What's the point of any law? They can still be broken.

Bushmaster doesn't make/sell 80% lowers

So the blemished stripped receivers are still serialised? I guess it was different guns then.
Edit: Yeah, looks like the Bushmaster was seized when he was arrested.

Why stop there?

What's the point of any law? They can still be broken.

Well duh, because obviously the way you stop this stuff from proliferating is by letting it proliferate so much that it reaches a saturation point.

Like opiates, there's no epidemic, junkies will do them anyway. Eventually they'll all just die from ODs, problems solved.

<seedat>

So the blemished stripped receivers are still serialised? I guess it was different guns then.

Everything is supposed to have a serial number now in California which is quite symbolic. It can just be you scrawling "123" on something you made. Either that was a separate rifle or he attached Bushmaster-branded accessories to his own receiver.

0% receivers are also becoming popular (machining from a raw block of aluminum) which I think why they saw what a dead end regulating 80% receivers was. Consumer manufacturing tech moves way faster than government.

Orrrr.... we should stop trying to do away with parts of the constitution we don't like.

Dear lord the registered part of a gun is the RECEIVER not a 'lower receiver" only a few guns like an FAL or AR15 have a lower receiver. for handguns it's the frame.

AR15 lower receivers are such low stress parts that you can mke one out of plywood. An AK style gun can be built from any flat piece of sheet metal of adequate thickness. There's also dead nuts simple SMG plans out there that can be built from hardware store supplies.

Also with the state this happened in how did nobody call the cops on this guy shooting in the weeks before his rampage?

Everything is supposed to have a serial number now in California which is quite symbolic. It can just be you scrawling "123" on something you made. Either that was a separate rifle or he attached Bushmaster-branded accessories to his own receiver.

0% receivers are also becoming popular (machining from a raw block of aluminum) which I think why they saw what a dead end regulating 80% receivers was. Consumer manufacturing tech moves way faster than government.

Yeah? Last I read they were still making $1200 machines to mill out 80% receivers. Those cheap chinese CNC machines aren't up to doing one from scratch, what's the entry point?

Don’t try and reverse engineer my argument

And He didn’t end anything

Why is the general public allowed 3D printers.

I have To image that in the future there is going to have to be steps to go through to buy these machines. Especially when the tech gets so advanced.

Doesn't this break patent laws and things of that nature
Why shouldn't the general public be allowed a 3d printer? You would still need to model or map whatever you're printing up and do the work to setup the program.

On the other hand a large manufacturing firm could easily step up their production and get the price point of the product down to the point that wasting time printing out a presumably lower quality product yourself isn't worth it.

Back