The Shoopin' 25/8 Back to the Past Shooper Special

Behind the scenes on 2001: A Space Odyssey:
DEXATI20161015103600.png

Space Odyssey Rogan:
DEXATI20161015103016.png

HOLY SHIT!!! I actually really like all of these, but the Max Holloway one is fantastic and creepy :D
did you do all these as a batch or just uploaded em together? I also would suggest adding some noise to the names you've included in the images :)

Those were done in real time. The last 6 I did last night in two hours according to the forum timestamps. Add about 20-25 minutes for the first one so it took about 25 minutes each(?) including Googling the images for the backgrounds, most of the fighters heads, uploading/posting them, and staring at them for a minute or two after they were posted to double check. I was on a roll brah. I did one, Googled for the next, did that one, Googled the next, etc. I couldn't stop and had to force myself to quit. For w/e reason it seemed longer because I really felt I put a good amount of detail into each one. Just surprised myself how fast they were done.. unless my math is wrong. o_O

Dayum.. I just noticed I did the Conor one in 15 minutes 13 for the Ariel one. :eek: I already had Conor and Ariel's heads cut out so that's probably why they were done so fast. I'm still looking at the time stamps and that short amount of time just doesn't seem right - I was in the freaking zone! Yea some noise/cracks on the names would be good. I added a texture onto Nate's name so that one looks great (see attachment). Not sure if I saved the psd's but I probably could work something out with Sage and Rogan... If I feel so inclined.

The Max one was the most challenging for sure and not really my fave. Even cut out his eyes inside the glasses, added an exposure adjustment to make it seem like there was glass lenses in the glasses. <-- prob could have done that a little cleaner.

Attachments

• nate-texture.gif
    nate-texture.gif
    35.1 KB · Views: 120
Good choice on the face!

It was the head from this thread. But TY man.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shoop-dat-angry-gsp.3331397/

{<huh}
I can jump on the drums if that would help somehow. <cheer>

He means something like this.

nate-texture-gif.155185

Yo man... I got this file on my hard drive. It's one of the forum users playing drums which was uploaded on this forum some months ago, so I downloaded it to check it out. Is this you? If not do you know who it is?

"Informal drum practice on a muffled Pearl Reference kit.mp4" <-- the file name. Just found it on youtube...

Those were done in real time. The last 6 I did last night in two hours according to the forum timestamps. Add about 20-25 minutes for the first one so it took about 25 minutes each(?) including Googling the images for the backgrounds, most of the fighters heads, uploading/posting them, and staring at them for a minute or two after they were posted to double check. I was on a roll brah. I did one, Googled for the next, did that one, Googled the next, etc. I couldn't stop and had to force myself to quit. For w/e reason it seemed longer because I really felt I put a good amount of detail into each one. Just surprised myself how fast they were done.. unless my math is wrong. o_O

Dayum.. I just noticed I did the Conor one in 15 minutes 13 for the Ariel one. :eek: I already had Conor and Ariel's heads cut out so that's probably why they were done so fast. I'm still looking at the time stamps and that short amount of time just doesn't seem right - I was in the freaking zone! Yea some noise/cracks on the names would be good. I added a texture onto Nate's name so that one looks great (see attachment). Not sure if I saved the psd's but I probably could work something out with Sage and Rogan... If I feel so inclined.

The Max one was the most challenging for sure and not really my fave. Even cut out his eyes inside the glasses, added an exposure adjustment to make it seem like there was glass lenses in the glasses. <-- prob could have done that a little cleaner.
sometimes it's like that with the speed shooping.

I remember that night I made so many for a Serra thread and it was just getting silly, like my hands were shooping aggressively while I was daydreaming about other things :D

I was only teasing about the name plates anyway

It was the head from this thread. But TY man.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shoop-dat-angry-gsp.3331397/

He means something like this.

nate-texture-gif.155185

Yo man... I got this file on my hard drive. It's one of the forum users playing drums which was uploaded on this forum some months ago, so I downloaded it to check it out. Is this you? If not do you know who it is?

"Informal drum practice on a muffled Pearl Reference kit.mp4" <-- the file name. Just found it on youtube...

Yeah man, I posted that in one of the shoop convos a while back so you could see me play, and I wrote up a big detailed description of what the hell I was practicing that day too, basically it's two patterns of 7: 4 in right, 3 in left, 3 in right, 4 in left at an equal timing. It's camera audio only so it's junk, but much more clear with headphones. Also once I turn the snares on the sound gets worse.

Source images below. Cormier is from one of the IC video frames.

jones-wood-cor-run-dmc-jpg.155437

Attachments

• jones-wood-cor-run-dmc.jpg
    jones-wood-cor-run-dmc.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 1,846
  • jones-woodley-corr.png
    jones-woodley-corr.png
    626.5 KB · Views: 5
Two punks having a discussion...

Hendo/GSP with some slight customization on their jackets.

iI9c9BL.jpg

Well I know this movie is pretty recent, but the intro is a recreation of the history of the US so I guess it's kinda relevant. Did this as the promo for the AV bet megathread. I'm a tracking noob, don't bash me.

Well I know this movie is pretty recent, but the intro is a recreation of the history of the US so I guess it's kinda relevant. Did this as the promo for the AV bet megathread. I'm a tracking noob, don't bash me.

BRILLIANT!!!!!! Love it!! Don't know what movie that is but it's a pretty cool Shoop. Bob Dylan just won a freaking Noble Prize too. That auto tracking seemed to work OK more or less. I never use it though. Maybe I should.

BRILLIANT!!!!!! Love it!! Don't know what movie that is but it's a pretty cool Shoop. Bob Dylan just won a freaking Noble Prize too. That auto tracking seemed to work OK more or less. I never use it though. Maybe I should.

It's the Watchmen intro:

Also it's not auto tracking. It's me doing a piss poor job at manual tracking. Fireworks + Premiere Pro. DON'T JUDGE ME.

It's the Watchmen intro:

Also it's not auto tracking. It's me doing a piss poor job at manual tracking. Fireworks + Premiere Pro. DON'T JUDGE ME.

When you can, will you post a screen shot with your timeline and such so I can see the program?

When you can, will you post a screen shot with your timeline and such so I can see the program?

0tUfbTA.jpg

It's part of the Adobe CS6 collection. My PC can only run Premiere Pro, and even then it still crashes often so I have to save a ton. It's all very basic and probably inefficient, I pen the .pngs in Fireworks and paste them over the video timeline in Premiere, just like one would with while editing any video clip. I just have a few key frames for tracking, as you can see above, that's why it looks like utter shit, but fortunately most of the scenes in this are slow moving so they don't look too horrible.

Track Matte in Premiere Pro CS6 conflicts with motion and gets overridden unless if you nest the clips. It's some kind of bug. I'm planning to switch over to AE at some point but my current computer can't really run it without it slowing down/crashing every time I try previewing the a clip, even at 1/4 resolution, and I'm too lazy to sit down and learn new stuff :D

Edit.. gonna PM you so we don't clog up this wonderful thread.

Somewhere in your preferences should be "Auto Save". I set both PS and AE to auto save every 5 minutes. AE IMO needs a minimum of 12GB Ram to run minimally. Mine tends to gobble up like 9GB on average, plus all the other OS and various stuff taking up more. 16GB is recommended just for AE IMO. 16GB if you are running it with PS is barebones and it WILL max that out but can still be workable if you have patience. 24GB is recommended from my experience. I hope you have a quad core CPU. I have a fairly fast I5 Quad Core overclocked to 4.5GHZ and 24GB. Even though I don't max out the RAM, it will tax the CPU at times (not always), but I tend to work in 720P minimum. At 1080P it does slow down - understandably. May be time for an upgrade.

Adobe's specs say "4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)" but I can tell you they are out of their minds. I wouldn't even be able to make one shoop with that. https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

The Premiere interface seems to have things in common with AE. But the learning curve is steep. You are working with timelines and frames which seems pretty straight forward.

In AE, you can apply your Track Matte to a non visible "solid" layer. You make your mask on that Solid layer and apply it to whatever you want to mask in or out. This is good as your mask is independent of what you are masking (sort of like when you "unlock" a mask in PS). It works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Back