The Shockmaster Gimmick Would've Failed Regardless Of The Wall Fall Before Fall Brawl.

Andy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even if Tugboat hadn't fell through the wall, the gimmick would have been a laughing stock anyway.

A fat guy in jeans, a cape and a stormtrooper helmet dunked in glitter.

WCW was on drugs if they seriously expected that to be a serious character.

Why the weird, tacky sci fi space gimmick? Why not just debut him as a wrestler like everyone else?

Why did they try to give the impression that this guy had arrived on a UFO or something?

The voice was being done by Ole Anderson who was talking into a mic behind the studio wall. You can actually hear him laughing at 1:40 just before he starts talking <Lmaoo>

You know something is funny if it can even make a miserable old fart like Ole Anderson laugh.

<{MingNope}>

Last edited:
It would have worked if they just rolled with him being a bumbling space moron. Kind of like an Austin Powers character before Austin Powers.

It would have worked if they just rolled with him being a bumbling space moron. Kind of like an Austin Powers character before Austin Powers.

Shockmaster vs Max Moon for the Intergalactic Heavyweight Championship :D

They REALLY dropped the ball with The Super Shockmaster.
Remember him?

they did, but instead of space moron it was a uncle fred moron.

Why didn't George Lucas sue the hell out of everyone involved for using the helmet?

Even if Tugboat hadn't fell through the wall, the gimmick would have been a laughing stock anyway.

A fat guy in jeans, a cape and a stormtrooper helmet dunked in glitter.

WCW was on drugs if they seriously expected that to be a serious heel character.

Why the weird, tacky sci fi space gimmick? Why not just debut him as a wrestler like everyone else?

Why did they try to give the impression that this guy had arrived on a UFO or something?

You are correct.

Why didn't George Lucas sue the hell out of everyone involved for using the helmet?

The same reason nobody sued over Sid Vicious (Or Lord Humongous,) The Road Warriors, "Crow" Sting, ECW Taz, FMW's Leatherface or a shitload of other cribbed or stolen gimmicks;
It was off their radar enough that they couldn't be bothered enough to give a shit.

You are correct.

The same reason nobody sued over Sid Vicious (Or Lord Humongous,) The Road Warriors, "Crow" Sting, ECW Taz, FMW's Leatherface or a shitload of other cribbed or stolen gimmicks;
It was off their radar enough that they couldn't be bothered enough to give a shit.

I know Hulk Hogan and WWE had to pay out to Marvel Comics every time his name was used. But the Incredible Hulk Hogan was born in NYC where Marvel Comics head quarters is and would run their monthly shows in the "most famous arena in the world." Part of the reason to call Hogan "Hollywood" in WCW was to get around the fee at the time of the face to heel change.

Last edited:
The stormtrooper helmet was only used on camera the one time (and it was rolling along the studio floor for half of that one time.)

If Lucas saw the infamous footage he might even just think 'fuck it, those fools have suffered enough due to their own calamity' and let it slide.

If they had used it regularly, he probably would have served a cease and desist order though.

Marvel did that in 1991 after seeing WCW's blatant Spider-Man ripoff 'Arachnaman'.

arachnaman.jpg

Last edited:
He would fit nicely in the dungeon of doom

He would fit nicely in the dungeon of doom
LMFAO yes he would.

Damn, they should've resurrected the gimmick in '95 and had him rejoin Earthquake......call them The Natural SharkMasters or something.

Last edited:
The stormtrooper helmet was only used on camera the one time (and it was rolling along the studio floor for half of that one time.)

If Lucas saw the infamous footage he might even just think 'fuck it, those fools have suffered enough due to their own calamity' and let it slide.

If they had used it regularly, he probably would have served a cease and desist order though.

Marvel did that over their blatant Spider-Man ripoff 'Arachnaman'.

Companies are much more aware of who is doing what in the information age now too.

LMFAO yes he would.

Damn, they should've resurrected the gimmick in 95 and had him rejoin earthquake......call them The Natural SharkMasters or something.
I really liked heel natural disasters, would love to see them feud with Harlem Heat in their terrible WCW gimmicks

Something about him going, "C'mon, you want a piece of me?" later in the promo always makes me laugh. It just seems so counter to what the gimmick was supposed to be.

Something about him going, "C'mon, you want a piece of me?" later in the promo always makes me laugh. It just seems so counter to what the gimmick was supposed to be.
yeah.... if he has come from another dimension why is he talking like trailer park trash? <23>

Marvel did that in 1991 after seeing WCW's blatant Spider-Man ripoff 'Arachnaman'.

arachnaman.jpg

I wonder if this guy got away with it?

I wonder if this guy got away with it?

Haha I think Lawler's Memphis territory was the worst for stealing registered trademarks and using them as wrestlers....Leatherface, Freddy Krueger, Ninja turtles, Batman and stuff like that.

Really tacky. Don't know what they were thinking.

Last edited:
Haha I think Lawler's Memphis territory was the worst for stealing registered trademarks and using them as wrestlers....Leatherface, Freddy Krueger, Ninja turtles, Batman and stuff like that.

Really tacky. Don't know what they were thinking.

Don't forget wrestlers like Dirty Rhodes -- oh and Harley Davidson, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back