THE SHERDOGGING FIGHTER THREAD. @AJ Garcia's Life And Times As A Pro Fighter (2-2) *Interview in OP

Weigh ins are done boys! Time to go to work!16AB5C95-B89D-4F9D-850E-42391992B9D6.jpeg CC4FC526-AC55-4FBD-9E75-8B0C8D58C4E2.jpeg

I hope you earn enough from the fight to get a new pair of jeans, yours have holes in them.

Good luck though, from his tapology page it looks like most of his amateur wins were via RNC.

I don't know what the game plan is (and obviously you won't be sharing it before the fight) but looking at your two records keep it standing and knock him out. Actually he's lost as many by subs as he's won by subs so I guess you're both capable of winning it anywhere.

I hope you earn enough from the fight to get a new pair of jeans, yours have holes in them.

Good luck though, from his tapology page it looks like most of his amateur wins were via RNC.

I don't know what the game plan is (and obviously you won't be sharing it before the fight) but looking at your two records keep it standing and knock him out. Actually he's lost as many by subs as he's won by subs so I guess you're both capable of winning it anywhere.
I feel pretty comfortable everywhere. If he tries taking me down I should stuff it and even if he does from what I’ve watched, I should be better there too. It all just comes down to executing my game plan but it should be a fun fight.

hopefully he employs BJ Penn's tippy toe style and you whup his ass!

16ab5c95-b89d-4f9d-850e-42391992b9d6-jpeg.471675

hopefully he employs BJ Penn's tippy toe style and you whup his ass!

16ab5c95-b89d-4f9d-850e-42391992b9d6-jpeg.471675
Lol I didn’t notice that before. They have him at 5’6 and I’m 5’10 1/2 so I should have a decent reach on him.

How do we watch this is? Is it on fite tv?

Well, things didn’t go my way tonight. God damn it. So disappointing. I got moved to the main event tonight and was ready to put on a show. I felt solid everywhere and was ready for a war. I set up my first combo and threw it hard and rocked him with it. He kinda fell with his back to me so I took his back and we ended up on the ground. From there he kept attacking my legs working for heel hooks and other stuff but couldn’t get anything. Then I got up kicked while on the ground and the ref didn’t stop it. He let go of the heel hooks he was going for and when I went to transition on top, he surprised me by rolling for a calf slicer and caught me in it. It sucks cause I knew how good my stand up has been and wanted to get that ko and just about got it but that’s the fight game. I’ll be back for sure.

Well, things didn’t go my way tonight. God damn it. So disappointing. I got moved to the main event tonight and was ready to put on a show. I felt solid everywhere and was ready for a war. I set up my first combo and threw it hard and rocked him with it. He kinda fell with his back to me so I took his back and we ended up on the ground. From there he kept attacking my legs working for heel hooks and other stuff but couldn’t get anything. Then I got up kicked while on the ground and the ref didn’t stop it. He let go of the heel hooks he was going for and when I went to transition on top, he surprised me by rolling for a calf slicer and caught me in it. It sucks cause I knew how good my stand up has been and wanted to get that ko and just about got it but that’s the fight game. I’ll be back for sure.
No chance of appealing it at that level either, sad to hear you lost.

@AJ Garcia

You'll bounce back stronger than before, and it sounds like your submission defence is coming along.

calf slicers look so painful

method=get&s=charles-oliveira-eric-wisely.gif

dfgfh888.gif

Just read through the whole thread and caught up. Special props to you man. Awesome work and will be following going forward. Congrats on the main event even though it didn’t go your way.

@AJ Garcia

You'll bounce back stronger than before, and it sounds like your submission defence is coming along.

calf slicers look so painful

method=get&s=charles-oliveira-eric-wisely.gif

dfgfh888.gif
He was attacking with heel hooks for a while and I rolled through all of them and was never in danger but even when he couldn’t get it, and I was in no danger, I would not let go of my legs. I don’t think he wanted to be back on the feet. I even heard his coaches tell him to let go of my legs cause he didn’t have anything, so I was waiting to secure top control once he let go but when he did he surprised me rolling into a calf slicer and it caught me completely off guard. Sucks but shit happens.

Dammit bud. Losing … Is Normal, just gives you more to improve on the road to greatness.

Dammit bud. Losing … Is Normal, just gives you more to improve on the road to greatness.
Thanks man. Fighting is a brutal sport. Everything can change in a second. My record should be much better then it is but all it takes is one mistake to change a fight and unfortunately for me, I’ve found that out s few times. I’m in a good gym tho and all my coaches kept saying was how nice and fluid I looked on the feet. It’s just a matter of putting it all together.

Thanks man. Fighting is a brutal sport. Everything can change in a second. My record should be much better then it is but all it takes is one mistake to change a fight and unfortunately for me, I’ve found that out s few times. I’m in a good gym tho and all my coaches kept saying was how nice and fluid I looked on the feet. It’s just a matter of putting it all together.

Don't jinx yourself next time by saying you will give shouts to sherdoggers ;)

Seriously you seem to be taking the loss well
Good luck on next fight buddy

The most important thing is that you're still healthy... You have a great head on your shoulders about all of this, positive attitude 101, and you learn from every mistake...

The brothers of Sherdog are with you man... As I've said before we live vicariously through you in there, and by being so open with us we also share your loss, and you expose yourself to criticism, but because sherdog loves you, we all just want you to keep training, fighting, and allowing us to keep up with your journey... It's the only true insight to fighting from the first persin we have here withoit the bullshit promo and so on... You're a real dude living a real life with all its shit, using sherdog as a release, that also happens to be a pro.

War Monsta AJ.

I changed the thread title to make it a bit more accommodating for anecdotes and so on... Anything you want me to do to the OP just holla.

Last edited:
<StillMyBoy>
That sucks; hope your next outing goes better

Back