The Sherdog website and popups

OroborO

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Is it just me or does sherdog.com bring up alot of pop ups for people. Once I click on a post to read I get a pop up telling me my computer is infected, download winfixer. Is is just my computer that has poor pop up blockers or does this happen to other people. I browse the web all day and when I come to Sherdog it only happens here, whats the deal?

This relates to MMA because I am talking about the Sherdog website in general and love this site, but these pop ups are really messing up my computer. Is this is the wrong section, sorry and can a mod please move it, thanks.

the pop ups I have under control, but every fucking time I come here I get some shit asking me to install winfixer or something. I use 4 computers during the week now.....one with windows 2000 (English) one with XP (english) one with XP + service pack 2 (Japanese) and one with XP (Japanese) and every fucking one propts this download....which freezes up the English OS computers whenever I click cancel.

oroboro said:
Is it just me or does sherdog.com bring up alot of pop ups for people. Once I click on a post to read I get a pop up telling me my computer is infected, download winfixer.

That's why no-one takes this shit-hole seriously, and that's why they beg to have Tank's drunken ramblings on here. There's ads EVERYWHERE you look, even though hosting & all that shit is getting CHEAPER & CHEAPER, sherdog it making MORE & MORE off us... If it's not the popups, it's the scamming ads, like winfixer etc.

Sherdog = NO morals = Fucking it's users over.

Sherdog = Sellout

happens occasionally.....but not as bad as you are saying

I have google tool bar and the ie blocker active and never get pop-ups

( o Y o ) said:
the pop ups I have under control, but every fucking time I come here I get some shit asking me to install winfixer or something. I use 4 computers during the week now.....one with windows 2000 (English) one with XP (english) one with XP + service pack 2 (Japanese) and one with XP (Japanese) and every fucking one propts this download....which freezes up the English OS computers whenever I click cancel.

The only thing im thinking, is that sherdog.com is full of posters and advertisments because I guess they get money from these companys, do you think this winfixer download pop up which is horrible for your computer and causes it to slow down and download files on your computer that you dont even want is paying sherdog to popup on our computers. Like I said this is the only website that gives me this pop up or pop ups in general. WTF

Don't know I have a firewall so I don't get any pop ups...... sorry dude, you need to upgrade your security.

That WinFixer thing is a motherfucker. I don't think it came from Sherdog, though. It's been popping up before I even visited here. My Norton anti-virus program doesn't even detect it. I'd like to have 5 minutes alone with the cocksucker that designed that WinFixer program...

Get a real browser like FireFox or even Opera. Should take care of pop-ups and any other ads that aren't actually in the page itself.

I have the same problem my popup controls are on and I STILL get them on this site for some reason

Yeah, I get no pop-ups here at all.

The laughing clown ad got me for a couple days.

possenti said:
That WinFixer thing is a motherfucker. I don't think it came from Sherdog, though.

I don't know where it came from, but I use a shitload of sites regularly, and this is the only one it pops up on. And only for the past 10 days to two weeks....hence I have barely been online here, and never for more than 4 or 5 minutes at a time.

Only time I see ads is when I look at the fight finder... that shit's annoying! But it's really no big deal, but then again I haven't seen that 'winfixer' pop up everyone seems to be talking about.

A year subscription to Webroot Spy Sweeper is less than 20 bucks; and no, I don't friggin' work for them. I had the same problem as you. You probably have a registry hack.

sherDogBowl2 said:
That's why no-one takes this shit-hole seriously, and that's why they beg to have Tank's drunken ramblings on here. There's ads EVERYWHERE you look, even though hosting & all that shit is getting CHEAPER & CHEAPER, sherdog it making MORE & MORE off us... If it's not the popups, it's the scamming ads, like winfixer etc.

Sherdog = NO morals = Fucking it's users over.

Sherdog = Sellout

You should be thankful to read Tank's drunken ramblings, Stupid troll.

That aside download firefox, no pop ups anywhere. That and very little spyware.

possenti said:
That WinFixer thing is a motherfucker. I don't think it came from Sherdog, though. It's been popping up before I even visited here. My Norton anti-virus program doesn't even detect it. I'd like to have 5 minutes alone with the cocksucker that designed that WinFixer program...

Amen to that, you feaking x out the window and then 3 othere pop up, Damn the maker of winfixer. I use firefox and have my firewall enabled and pop up blocker on and still thats the only one to get through and only on this site. If sherdog really cared about the fans on this site that love the sport and have been here for awile they should get rid of companys buying space on this site that use pop ups ads, the millions of advertisments and banners should be enough, come on shoot the duck and win a xbox360. Sometimes this site just looks like one huge misealeneous advertisment

possenti said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back