The Sherdog hive mind currently hating on Mike Perry ...

... can go fuck itself.

Dude brings it every single time, and yesterday's fight was a lot of fun to watch. Win or lose, I'm a fan of Perry and his old-school, just bleed brand of MMA.

I like to occasionally poke fun at fighters and not take MMA too seriously, but kicking a man when he's down is pathetic.

Sure, the dude might not have a stellar fight IQ (let alone having fight IQ at all), could use a camp that improves his technique teach him strategy, but the massive torrents of hate he's been getting since yesterday is unwarranted.

Had he won the fight, you sycophants would have praised his girlfriend being his corner-woman, celebrating the approach of putting heart and the human factor before fight technique. Now that he lost, it's suddenly a dumb idea and his girlfriend should be lynched.

Don't get me wrong, I think Perry should get into a real fight camp and get real corner-men, but even as it is right now, he's a breath of fresh air and an entertaining outlier in today's MMA landscape.

War Perry, and fuck the haters !

giphy.gif

Don’t you get it? Most people aren’t hating on him for its own sake.

They’re not doing it because HE’S an overrated douche. (Although he is, but that’s really beside the point)

They’re doing it because his fans are the fucking worst.

On behalf of mostly everyone on Sherdog, I cannot wait for the sound of Plat-Nation shutting the fuck up for the last time...

I think that this might really be it...

The hate Perry gets is a direct response to the ludicrous "platinum nation" bullshit you idiots keep pushing.

And the thing is, the fake hype he gets online is putting him in these fights he has no right to be in. You people are endangering his health.

Mike Perry is not a top fighter and never will be. Please stop with the fake hype before the guy ends up with Parkinson's before he's 40.

This is such a weak argument.

"I don't like the persons fans therefore hating on that person is justified"

Perry is a real fighter who is gunning for big fights. Don't pull that bs that his fans are somehow responsible for any damage he takes.

I used to dislike him, but in all honesty, I found myself cheering for him last night because I felt sorry for him.

He's worse than I suspected and his confidence is getting murdered out there. I'm afraid he won't last very long. Where's the fun in that?

... can go fuck itself.

Dude brings it every single time, and yesterday's fight was a lot of fun to watch. Win or lose, I'm a fan of Perry and his old-school, just bleed brand of MMA.

I like to occasionally poke fun at fighters and not take MMA too seriously, but kicking a man when he's down is pathetic.

Sure, the dude might not have a stellar fight IQ (let alone having fight IQ at all), could use a camp that improves his technique teach him strategy, but the massive torrents of hate he's been getting since yesterday is unwarranted.

Had he won the fight, you sycophants would have praised his girlfriend being his corner-woman, celebrating the approach of putting heart and the human factor before fight technique. Now that he lost, it's suddenly a dumb idea and his girlfriend should be lynched.

Don't get me wrong, I think Perry should get into a real fight camp and get real corner-men, but even as it is right now, he's a breath of fresh air and an entertaining outlier in today's MMA landscape.

giphy.gif

The people who hate him hate him because of his personality, not because of his lack of fight IQ.

He didn't brought it this time. He brought it against Ponzi, but not against Griffin. He landed very few punches, most of the time he waited for an opportunity that never showed up.

He does not need a better cornerman (although his gf's advices were... well, not stupid-stupid, but too obvious), he need to brawl like he did it before,, without waiting for an opportunity. And a better technique, of course. And less muscle mass, he is a WW and these guys have good gardio.

I found myself cheering for him last night because I felt sorry for him.

Same.

It was obvious from the first round he was outclassed, and for the first two rounds I was mostly impressed with Griffin, but by the end I felt so bad for Perry I was rooting for him.

I think you could argue perry won round three, lost round two and one was a draw. He hardly got lit up or anything.

Everything about that gif is lame. His face tattoos, his hair from 2005, the cheap fake chain, his weak attempt at punching his own face, and his pathetic attempt at copying chimpanzee intimidation tactics. Honestly, it's just terrible.

To be fair to Perry, I bet he has to be careful even punching his own chin. He's got serious power. But yes, you are entirely correct that his hair is out of date.

lol Hive Mind?

its the Perry nuthuggers that worked themselves into frenzy.

Hey man, I was hating on him when he was undefeated. Proud hater since day 1!
Not hating his style though. More his fans and persona.

... can go fuck itself.

giphy.gif

Regardless if Mike improves or not, he should be able to have a above average career. He can have fun fan fights with chances for performance bonuses. But if he’s serious about making a run at the belt, he needs to get REAL coaches and learn REAL techniques. His girl yelling kick his knee, kick his knee, break his leg isn’t coaching.

I love watching the guy fight. He likes to brawl and has an Iron chin. He a modern day Chris Leben.

I don't hate him. But yesterday he performed poorly, if he wont change and better his game he will approach Artem Lobov levels of fame.

This is such a weak argument.

"I don't like the persons fans therefore hating on that person is justified"

Perry is a real fighter who is gunning for big fights. Don't pull that bs that his fans are somehow responsible for any damage he takes.
So explain this, then.

Mike Perry was absolutely destroyed by Alan Jouban. Jouban was on the same card - below Perry. And Jouban won his fight.

Why does Perry deserve a higher spot on the card and more hype than the guy who proved he belongs there? Jouban isn't getting fights he has no right to be in. He also doesn't have a ridiculous hype train on Sherdog. See the correlation? Your bullshit hype is going to get Mike Perry into some serious trouble.

This isn't me hating Perry, this is me calling your bullshit for what it is. The guy has lost braincells for your "lulz" - and will continue to do so. He isn't improving. He isn't showing new skills. He won't.

It's going to be tough watching Perry try to speak when he's 45.

... can go fuck itself.

giphy.gif
There has never been a more classic case of “I don’t hate the fighter I just hate his fans”?

You want less mocking after a loss? You and your ilk should probably stop writing “Platinum Goat” threads every other fucking hour for the last year.

PS I’m on the sidelines of this fight. Was never involved either way and still am not. He’s a fun to watch but not very well rounded fighter. Which is fine.

Fuck Perry and the crybaby Platinum fans. He Lost, I don't care if he "brings it every time". That shit doesn't win fights. Get a new camp and stop letting your tennis player girlfriend be the cornerman.

So explain this, then.

Mike Perry was absolutely destroyed by Alan Jouban. Jouban was on the same card - below Perry. And Jouban won his fight.

Why does Perry deserve a higher spot on the card and more hype than the guy who proved he belongs there? Jouban isn't getting fights he has no right to be in. He also doesn't have a ridiculous hype train on Sherdog. See the correlation? Your bullshit hype is going to get Mike Perry into some serious trouble.

This isn't me hating Perry, this is me calling your bullshit for what it is. The guy has lost braincells for your "lulz" - and will continue to do so. He isn't improving. He isn't showing new skills. He won't.

It's going to be tough watching Perry try to speak when he's 45.
I agree 100% when does excessive hype start to actually become detrimental to a younger fighters progression?

Back